Can you live without cellphone?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by jian2017, May 4, 2018.

1. alan.e.o

alan.e.o New Member

I didn't have a cellphone until I was in my 40's, 10 years ago. I've lived most of my life so far without one. If I had to, I could live without it again. Even so, I wouldn't want to. It makes almost everything much easier and more convenient. I could use my computer for almost everything the phone does, but who wants to carry that around all day. I think my favorite thing about my phone is the ability to pay for things with it.

2. renics24

renics24 New Member

In this world that we live in i think it’s hard for a person to do that. In my situation that I’m far away from the love one i need my phone to keep communicate being far away from her is hard as it is but not able to communicate to her is torture that’s why i need my phone. In this world that we live in i think we need an advantage like a cellphone cause it’s a thing that tells time, make a phone call, take a picture, a gps device it’s a compact device with lots of features that could make your life not that so difficult. So my answer is no in this world i need an advantage to make my life easier.

3. emmanuelmendioro

emmanuelmendioro New Member

Today, majority of us may have multiple devices not only phones. But if cellphones are to disappear all of a sudden, there might be difficulties. It's easy to learn but hard to remove them once we are used to it. Smart phones are already one of our necessities in life. We pay bills, do research and even game on it. Without it, we may be heading back 10 to 20 years backwards. It's Just like when there is a black out, the world stops. But still as humans we can still adapt to it. We can easily learn new things, but hard to hit back.

4. 3lectrolytes

3lectrolytes New Member

Cellphone nowadays is a necessity for people who want to keep their lives more automatic. Cellphones today have the abilities that all common devices have for examples: radio, news, TV, camera, Callendar, Clock, etc. Cellphones are the go-to device for people who want the all-around device that can deliver the same services that people need for their everyday life.

5. Rose21

Rose21 New Member

I dont want to leave without my phone . It is important to communication to others and to my family and relative

6. jparag777

jparag777 New Member

Can I live without a cell phone? , I guess I can live without my cellphone ,but I will suffer enormously if I have to live without it. Cellphone has almost become one of the most important part of my life. Every morning when i wake up the first thing that i touch, is my cellphone and it is the last thing I touch before going to sleep. It kind of rules my world. So the conclusion , Its very difficult to live without my cellphone

7. nessamore

nessamore New Member

I think if my cell phone had to break today I would literally be running mad trying to get it fixed! I think it is because I use my cell phone for both work and my personal life, messaging family and friends. I do use my laptop often, but there are times when I am away from my laptop and important emails come in and my cell phone gives me easy access to these. I really don't think I would be able to live without my cell phone.

8. jennoel_25

jennoel_25 New Member

Yes i can!we have pros and cons using a cellphones before we don't have a cellphone only landlines or telephone. but we survived our daily lives without gadgets. and then before we can play outside with our friends , talk them personally , we have more time to spend with our family. but when the technology has come there so many things has changed almost all of us rely on gadgets. if we want to talk our friends by chatting nowadays instead seeing them, we cannot play anymore outside with our friends because in cellphones we find a game that we can play.

9. NGear

NGear New Member

I think so; because I've a life outside the virtual world, ranging from friends, music and sports; but with the way it is nowadays, a phone is essential to connect to the larger community and to be up to date with current events. Basically, I'm fine either way.

10. Marji-rFUJ

Marji-rFUJ New Member

Nowadays, Cellphones are the perfect way to stay connected with others. The ability to keep in touch with family, business associates and access to email are only few of the reasons for the importance of cell phones. In the event of emergency, having a cell phone can allow help to reach you quickly and could possibly save lives. For me, I can't leave without my cellphone it seems like my life is there.

11. Preciouslovee

Preciouslovee New Member

Anybody can live without a cell phone we just don't want too and you never know a personal situation to which a cell phone is needed.

12. Yes! why not. for me phone is one of the reasons why people today are so weak.

13. Newcastle-qAee

Newcastle-qAee New Member

I had no interest in mobiles and was probably one of the last to acquire a phone. Five years later I still own the same pay as you go, however it came in really useful last winter when I knew I was going to be late for work one morning having got caught up in traffic in extreme weather conditions. Being able to phone my employer from the bus to explain released the tension that had been building up during the journey. I didn’t approve of cell phones originally because I felt they were often overused and found other people’s conversations in public generally embarrassing.

In this fast paced world, no I don’t think we can live without cell phones. A landline now seems to be a thing of the past. We don’t have to wait in for an important phone call anymore. I am soon moving house and have a desktop computer which will need to be disconnected for a little while. As that is the only device where I can read my emails I have come round to thinking it might be time to upgrade to a Smartphone prior to the move.

14. noaha

noaha New Member

Oh, for sure I could. My phone just feels like a constant weight in my pocket day in and day out. I've never liked it and it has caused a lot of problems in my relationships, mainly because checking it constantly is never on my mind as seems to be the case with most younger people. I think it's a distraction and excuse to avoid strong human interaction, disguised as a necessity.

15. shantel733$

shantel733$ New Member

Of course you can live without your cell phone. I am definitely living without mine going on some hours now,because it has gone and crashed on me :(.

16. tinetine31

tinetine31 New Member

Yes i can live, I used to don't have cellphone before.

17. SevenCatsInn

SevenCatsInn New Member

I am studying for my bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering and when I am a few days out of an important exam, or generally when I feel a bit too stressed, I just shut down my phone for days at a time. Everybody should try, I have gone more than a week without my phone, even being out of town, it just feels good to be disconnected sometimes, and you realize how it isn't something as necessary as we deem it to be.

18. monsmith

monsmith New Member

Years ago the human race didn't use cell phones, why are so necessary on these days? It is like an addiction. Cell phone emissions can affect the brain. Some studies have shown links between mobile phone usage and tumors. There are two kinds of tumors: benign or malignant. These studies are not absolutely conclusive, but investigators have urged users to avoid the radiation of these phones as much as possible until more is known. In addition, the energy that cell phones beam into the head can change the bloodstream. Some variations in the blood flow within the brain have been observed. This could affect an important structure to decision making. A wide range of decision making techniques can be learned. To sum up, cell phones can have a negative influence on the brain. However, new technologies in this industry can help to design new safer models for human health.

19. LinusParkourTips

LinusParkourTips New Member

Nowadays having a smartphone is basically expected of you, whether it be to call up some friends, check how much money you have on your bank account, or just upload a new photo to Instagram. Our daily lives revolve around always being connected, and there's no escaping that. You need to accept the new times, and get a smartphone or you will have a hard time.

20. Jazzy26

Jazzy26 New Member

Of course yes! i can live without a cellphone because it is not a necessity in our daily life even if you don't have a phone there is still other thing's their that can help you to communicate to other people for example is the computer, laptop, telephone etc.

21. Regg

Regg New Member

I can't live without cellphone, and that's for sure. I have a boyfriend and we are in a long distance relationship for 2 years now and my cellphone is the only thing I need everyday except ofcourse internet. It is hard to keep in touch with each other without cellphone, because sending letters nowadays is not working anymore. When we are free from work, we automatically use our phones to contact each other and update each other about our day, about our jobs, and ask everything that we need to know. It is the only instrument that we can use to express our love and care for one another. Now he only got 1 year left to finish his contract, and we will not just see each other on our mobile phone. For me, saying that you can't live without cellphone does not mean you'll gonna die or be crazy if you left it for a day or so, it is just an expression that, that thing is so important for you because of certain reason. Sometimes people just exaggerate things.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  22. Kenta

Kenta New Member

Absolutely yes . Cellphone is just a tool for me . We all know that cellphone might be helpful but sometimes it give us a bad habit ex. those applications that are very interesting like FB,Twitter,Ig and any kind of Game apps . we become addict because of this apps on cellphone.

23. LMFI2031

LMFI2031 New Member

I use my cell phone for a lot of two-factor authentication with my various accounts. Unfortunately, it just died a couple of days ago. I'm learning to do without while my new one is shipped out to me but I've realized I depend on it a lot more than I realized. Recovering those accounts has taken a considerable amount of time and I'm already working on a new method instead of using my phone in the future. I've looked at one of the "Yubikeys" that Google apparently gives their employees. Less than five years ago I didn't even own a smartphone. Now I find myself struggling to get by without it. Doable? yes. Preferable? Absolutely not!

24. masujerdd

masujerdd New Member

No, I use my phone on my daily basis and I cant afford to live without it.

25. stefanito

stefanito New Member

Of course, life without a mobile phone has its benefits. Without a cell phone, you are the big master of your time, but at the same time it is threatening to spend it alone. Cutting off is one thing, to bring life to the environment and know the other.

26. Jahdy

Jahdy New Member

Well, on my side, I cannot live without my phone anymore because its like my happy pill whenever I'm sad or happy. Browsing on my phone and learning new things also helps me to become better person. Watching videos in my extra time made me fell relaxed. BUT, I have lots of time looking on my phone rather giving my spare time in my family. Also, I got eye bags because I spent too much on it.

27. leslie0706

leslie0706 New Member

As an overseas Filipino worker who obviously works abroad, I can't live without a cell phone. The main reason is that I use it to communicate with my loved ones back in the Philippines. Through phones, I am able to see and to talk to them even if we are miles away from each other, and that ease my longing for them. Second, it keeps me updated on what's happening around me, like global issues, international news, etc. And lastly, nowadays everything you do can be done through phones, it means that it simplifies your life which is a must in this world.

28. Matilac

Matilac Member

Cell phones are the perfect way to stay connected with others and provide the user with a sense of security. In the event of emergency, having a cell phone can allow help to reach you quickly and could possibly save lives. ... The importance of cell phones goes way beyond the ability to make or receive phone calls.

29. Allen123

Allen123 New Member

Cellphone is important because it's part of innovation. In our modern world, we no longer have to physically mail if we want to say something to others. By the use phone, you can easily transmit the information to others no matter how far the distance is. In addition, cell phone has many functions. You can use it for calls, text, games, music and more.

The cellphone I use now is "Samsung". I like it because it's user friendly and durable. You can also download games for free in "Playstore" app. When I'm on my way to work I use my cellphone to tune in to music. Sometimes music makes me asleep. I also save information on my phone which is beneficial. Unlike before you have to manually write something if you want to jot down. Now with cellphone you can just take a photo, you can have the information instantly.

30. MIGZ77

MIGZ77 New Member

I can live with or without it. However, the want from decades ago became a need today. It is now a part of somebody. Through cellphone, we can communicate to anybody worldwide in just a seconds. It eliminated the burden of its predecessor the telegram and mailing. Cellphones are not just for communication but of the entertainment aspect as well. But still I can live without it.