Can you live without internet?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by wanderzx_, Jun 12, 2018.

1. wanderzx_

wanderzx_ New Member

Everyday in our lives, we learn something new such as new knowledge, new changes and even new information. We now live in a world where internet is one of the main needs not just for the students but even in the industry because internet plays a huge and vital role in us humans and even in our society. But may I ask you, can you even live without using the internet? If you will ask me, honestly, I can't live without this what we call internet because it is already a part of my everyday life. I used it mostly in school, researches and everything. Everything starts with internet, the use of your social medias, the applications you're using right now and the things you want to know or even need to know. Internet is such a huge word that can't be explained in one word. But there are some people who doesn't even need to use the internet because there are still books that you can refer on, there are those people who are older where you can refer on. For us, the busy students, hardworking workers, researchers and other people I can say that we do need the use of internet.

2. samklink

samklink New Member

I think that, even more than what you mentioned, it is becoming impossible to function in modern society without the internet. More and more businesses are moving to online applications for jobs in addition to applications for government services, and paying bills.

The internet is reaching a point where many people are calling for it to be considered a human right- one that should be subsidized for those that can't afford it. You can see the importance of the internet any time you walk in your local library and see how many visitors are there solely to use the publicly available computers.

We need to make the internet available for all, and ensure that the elderly and young who need it have readily available, convenient, free, training on how to use the internet properly without endangering themselves. Because we are reaching a point where no, you cannot participate in modern society without it- which I think is part of "living"- without it.

1 person likes this.
  3. kizha

kizha New Member

For me, I think, it's impossible to cope up with the modern world without internet. We have raised a society where we rely on the internet for everything. Our kids and schools and basically everywhere are to reliable in the internet. Also the businesses needs net for so many reasons and no question about that, it makes everything so easy nowadays. And we are very much aware of the importance of internet in our lives. But we should know the limitation of using it because it can harm if not use properly. That's why our government implemented laws regarding the use internet. Internet Law, or Cyberlaw as it is sometimes called, refers to the legal issues related to the use of the Internet. So we must be responsible of our actions too.

4. jmb1531

jmb1531 New Member

The Answer Is Yes, You can absolutely live without Internet. Internet is not a Basic Essential like Food, Shelter or Clothes. YET !
    Think about India, Before the Launch of Jio, A lot of Indian Population didn’t have any access to Daily Mobile Internet, and this just like an Year ago and still today It not available with everyone and they still live.
    The Importance of Internet depends on the Users Lifestyle. For me Internet is a Must and a Life Saver.
    I have a Direction Problem, I forget direction quickly so Google Maps is a Life Save, I can travel anywhere I want as long as my Mobile Battery is Up.I don’t buy Books much, Everything I learn is through the Web.

5. nanzee16

nanzee16 New Member

Yes, I can live without internet because there is still a phone which we can use in communication, there are libraries to do research, there is television to watch news and there is radio if I want to listen to good music. Half of my life there is no internet. I even finished high school without internet. But since internet is essential for the students now, I don't think the new generation can live without it. So basically it depends on peoples life style.

6. jokarlb

jokarlb New Member

I can definitely live without the internet! Yes jbm1531 is right when he said that it's not part of our basic needs to survive as humans. It just happened that we are more dependent to it nowadays. It will surely affect me very much since my profession greatly uses the internet most of the time. Even in our society, it would be miserable if we will lost internet because most of the sectors in our society are now using internet in their offices and every transactions. Internet is the best way to communicate with the world now so definitely it will affect us.

7. wunnam

wunnam New Member

I don't believe that we can live without Internet again. If you carefully watch how things are moving these days, i will assume that about almost 70% of the world activities are done by the use of the Internet. For instance, all the information circulating around the globe now is normally done trough the use of the Internet.
    A lot students these days learn trough the use of the net and also be able to connect, communicate trough the use of the Internet.
    I can boldly say that almost all the banks in the world now is operating trough the help of the Internet which no one can deny. A lot of people is now used to be shopping, selling and paying bills, and this is done trough the help of the Internet.
    So i will conclude by saying that it will be very difficult these days to live without Internet.

8. nikolarajkovic

nikolarajkovic New Member

I don't have any reasons but I could. It would be really hard. I think if internet stops working one day (it won't probably) without warning, the world will become chaos. I'm talking about technical stuff but the psychological condition of the population would also be really bad. People would be more social, that's for sure.

9. LefthandSuzuki

LefthandSuzuki New Member

You brought up many excellent points! Let me now play the devil's advocate and suggest some counterarguments.

I acknowledge that many businesses and services are migrating to the internet. As we all become increasingly interwoven in the World Wide Web, do we not all also become more susceptible to its vulnerabilities? A business that is not online cannot have their accounts drained by hackers. A government with no website, while limiting in its outreach, cannot be held accountable if its internet services crash unexpectedly. And now that internet resumes are more easily received by potential employers, those same employers have trouble sifting through a backlog of good and bad candidates. This ironically contributes to a painfully long wait time for callbacks.

Consider the ransomware attack, nicknamed "WannaCry", that affected ~200,000 computers across the globe. Government health ministries, car manufacturing plants, and telecommunication giants were all struck with a virus that demanded payment in return for file decryption. If the ransom was not paid in full by a week, the files were permanently lost. This worldwide attack raises some questions as to how dependable we should be to machines that store our essential information.

1 person likes this.
  10. rhaizajane

rhaizajane New Member

The Answer Is Yes, You can absolutely live without Internet. Internet is not a Basic Essential like Food, Shelter or Clothes. YET !
    Think about India, Before the Launch of Jio, A lot of Indian Population didn’t have any access to Daily Mobile Internet, and this just like an Year ago and still today It not available with everyone and they still live.

11. Arsal

Arsal Member

Surely, I even cannot live without the Internet. it has become the source of income for me I am freelancer it is a breathing pump for me. apart from it on the internet, I can do the part-time job that is not easily available in our country. So we can work here according to our will because there are some jobs that allow you to schedule your work according to you this is the genuine benefit of the internet. so I cannot live without it. Thanks

12. MitchYan

MitchYan New Member

The Internet is a marvelous little resource, no doubt, but certainly no one needs it to live. Face it: most of the activities you do online can be done just as easily without a computer. Many people get by today without the Internet, whether for financial reasons or by choice. For those of you out there that can't contemplate how someone gets by without it, or if you're thinking of getting rid of your Internet access, here are some helpful alternatives.

13. ferretales28

ferretales28 New Member

Yes I can,you just have to find something that will replace ypur daily routines on internet so that you won't get bored.

14. Rolando

Rolando New Member

If Internet is your resources to make money, to get food, my answer is No! but if Internet is just for your entertainment, to just watch video clips, reading blogs, My answer is Yes! you can Live, because the only way to Live is to eat food right? and peaceful mind?

15. Charianeliz

Charianeliz Member

Of course you can live without internet; in the past, i have lived 10 years without it when internet was still unknown to me. Living in a modern world, everything is connected to the internet but it is not a necessity. It is now a form of leisure, where the things you need can be conveniently delivered or easily accessible. You can cook food or dinner without the internet but you used it for a fancier reason or just simply wanting to know how, when you can just ask the member of your family as it can also become a bonding or socializing. Today, only few people can live without the internet, dont know if it is a blessing or a curse to them. A blessing, as they remain untainted of the world of chaos, we belong to now. A curse, as they can’t adapt to the ever changing environment and generation. In conclusion, we can live without internet, just that we will remain ignorant of the world we are living now.

16. rapae111

rapae111 New Member

At this era…living without internet is next to impossible… for evry single individual internet made its own place n it can't b taken away. At evry step, specially for the young generation they require internet. Social media is a big part of their life n other stuff like stdy related things n research n all r the important ones.

17. johndeo16

johndeo16 New Member

The Answer Is yes, You can absolutely live without Internet. Internet is not a Basic Essential like Food, Shelter or Clothes. Yet !Think about India, Before the Launch of Jio, A lot of Indian Population didn’t have any access to Daily Mobile Internet, and this just like an Year ago and still today It not available with everyone and they still live.

18. Psychogenic

Psychogenic New Member

Living without internet would be fairly tough for me as I use it on a daily basis not only for development purposes but for other things such as gaming and listening to music. If we didn't have the internet, news would pass on a lot slower that's for sure.

19. Filamiecacdac74

Filamiecacdac74 New Member

Honestly? It's a no for me, I cannot live without the internet at this era. There was this circumstance wherein our town suffered from power interruption or so called brownout. It felt like I was going to be mad or lose my sanity because I couldn't finish my job, I couldn't do anything than to sit down and watch the clock every time it ticks. Hence, it was a disaster when there was no internet and yeah you may find it odd or strange but this is me, I just can't breath without it.

20. chr.cheney

chr.cheney New Member

Personally, I don't think I could live without the internet. Survive, maybe, I'm sure I could get something to work out. But the internet is far too useful and integral to my life. My current job would not exist without the internet, and the career path I am pursuing in computers would be majorly limited, or likely completely nonviable without use of the web. Unless the entire internet was being taken offline for everyone in this scenario, I also most likely would be almost entirely unable to function in society. This is not even to mention my personal sanity. I would probably go crazy from boredom; most of my entertainment or sources of relaxations are related to the internet in some way. Overall, I don't think I could make it without the web.

21. akp555

akp555 New Member

I could definitely survive without internet, but I wouldn't do well at all. I'm currently taking classes at a community college, and a lot of them are hybrid classes or solely online, meaning that if I lost the ability to use the internet, I wouldn't be able to submit assignments, see the discussion board, or even see the syllabus or what the assignments were. I also only work from home, so losing the internet would take away my only source of income at the moment. There's also the fact that I'd lose access to all the currently easy-to-access information online. I know it's possible to look up things in an encyclopedia or something like that, but it's so much easier to just Google things - plus it takes a while for information to get published in books, whereas it's put on the internet almost instantly through various outlets. Finally, on a more personal note, most of my friends live very far away, and my only way of contacting them is by messaging them online. If I lost the internet, I would most likely lose contact with all of them completely, and I would very much prefer that not happen.

22. Jeffrey78

Jeffrey78 New Member

Yes because i dont need internet when im cooking, i dont need internet to eat. In my work i dont need internet.
    I dont need internet to go to grocery store.
    I dont need internet when i go visit my doctor, i dont need internet when taking a bath.
    Maybe internet help our everydays life easy, but we people can survive without internet.

23. No,i can't live without internet nowadays. In these generation internet is more applicable .

24. Of course. There are a lot of fun activities to do in this world that some people especially to the kids who do not know those activities in our world. Internet is good but it becomes bad when you are to addicted or attach to it.

25. khanhtran123

khanhtran123 Member

I can. It is not a big deal as I use internet mainly to connect to my family and friends. Without internet, I would just go to them and talk in person, so it is not a big deal. I've tried to stay away from electronic devices and internet for a week, and it was fantastic. Living internet free is my goal when I become old

26. ging-ging

ging-ging New Member

Yes! Why not? Before, we can live without it,but for the new generation i think it's NOT.

27. Deng

Deng New Member

In my opinion, nowadays I think that I can't live without the internet. The Internet is widely used because it makes our lives easy and simple. The most important uses of the internet are for educational purposes. We can now do online courses to help improve our writing and communication skills. My children also use it for project research, help them do their homework and have some online tutorials.
    We are free to use the internet and it is a significant tool that will help us to become successful in our career and business as long as you are positive and productive in making use of the internet wisely. Most companies use computers to run their businesses. Home-based jobs are becoming more popular nowadays, so people need to have a stable internet to succeed in this career.
    I personally use online shopping because I think that it is a hassle-free task and almost anybody can order products online. It is very convenient because we can see price comparisons with other websites and even get huge discounts from different companies.
    I think that the internet is the most effective and the best communication tool. We can use Skype, chat messengers and social media to connect with each other. It is convenient, free and a fast way to communicate with our friends, relatives, colleagues, and even for professional purposes.
    Lastly, the best thing about using the internet is the growing online banking trend which is a very helpful tool in handling our daily transactions, budgeting and money management. We can now make use of different websites, mobile apps that provide Internet banking.

28. Jean Abreu

Jean Abreu New Member

I like Internet so much that I do have that that feeling of "can't live without it". Internet opens you to a whole new world, where you are able to do so many things that you couldn't do before it exists. It is so easy nowadays to connect with people that are very far away from you, to watch lots of content from anywhere and anytime without the need of cable T.V, and to be able to visit so many interesting websites. Sure we can live without Internet, but it's like taking away a comfort from us.

29. patricksaraspe

patricksaraspe New Member

Nowadays, people are very dependent on Internet. In the internet you can find anything you want to know. Anything you want to see or hear is in there. Imagine if there is no Internet in our generation? how would life would be? Internet is a very useful tool in our everyday lives. But for some people who lives in far away places where there is no internet available people can live without it, because they are not dependent on internet.

30. jodylee2023

jodylee2023 New Member

Nowadays i think ill leave without it. I need the internet but i think ill still leave without it.