Can you live without the INTERNET???

Discussion in 'Internet' started by kmbrlymd, Mar 4, 2019.

1. kmbrlymd

kmbrlymd New Member

Can you live without the internet while you’re in the farm/mountain?

1 person likes this.
  2. kmbrlymd

kmbrlymd New Member

Yes, because I live in a province wherein there are places that they don’t have access on the internet. They are too far to reach the signal of the internet and sometimes I go there but I can survive so maybe I can live without the internet.

1 person likes this.
  3. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

First understand the difference between Living and Surviving, yeah you can survive without Internet but it wont be a better idea to just survive in this technologically advance world.

People can still travel by feet so why do we need trains and planes for travel. Its just that simple, technology is all around us and it will get better in future days, it is on us how we treat and use these real world advance things.

For this advance society we also have to evolve our brains congruent to that, if you ask a person to drive a cart, then it does not require any specialization for that. Any novice can push that, but if you ask someone to navigate a spacecraft that requires advance training to understand all its major and minor calibrations.

[​IMG]
    Internet have a great influence in molding our society that we are in.

Total innovation that took over 100 years during 1800–1900 can be achieved in less than 2 years today due to the vast resource of knowledge on a single platform. And the pattern will follow that same in future.

So it is upon us after all, we want to Live or Survive.

1 person likes this.
  4. kverdeflor

kverdeflor New Member

Aboslutely! Everytime work and everything around me feels exhausting, I make sure to rest. Not just sleep but also reat from the internet life, social media, gossip articles and 90% of negativity comes from the internet, so I made a decision to stop when I feel like it's becoming toxic already.

1 person likes this.
  5. JesNoi14

JesNoi14 New Member

Can you live without the internet? This question is really hard to answer for some who start having internet since they have been born or for those people whose businesses are relying on the internet but for me, I absolutely can live without the internet as it just been part of my life recently. I could really say, I can! As I'm living on a 3rd world country who just starting to develop a lot of technologies and internet world. I was not born on a household who has internet that's why I enjoyed my childhood playing outside our house. I can suvive or live without the internet as long I am with my family, friends, farm or enjoyinv the beauty of nature.

1 person likes this.
  6. nicegentleman

nicegentleman New Member

I know I can live without the Internet. However, for now, I don't want to. I want to acquire a certain level of money first. The Internet truly helps with that. But, I can definitely live without the Internet. After all, when I was a kid, we didn't have the Internet.

1 person likes this.
  7. Len27

Len27 New Member

Yes i can live without internet but internet nowadays is helpful for all of us not only because I can communicate with others and loved one's working in different countries but also internet knows alot of informations that i didnt know. So it's helpful for me and for others. But still i can live without internet it's not my life but it's useful and helpful for all.

1 person likes this.
  8. Thunder Clap

Thunder Clap New Member

Yes, I can live without internet. Besides people need only basic needs to live. Internet is just an adds on in the modern life and makes the communication technology more easier and convenient.

9. Makinaru

Makinaru New Member

Yes. I can live without internet as long as I have my cellphone. With my cellphone I can still play offline game, watch saved movies and more.

10. In our generation, this is a very difficult challenge for us. Especially those people who was born in this era of information technology. Half of their lives depends on the internet. They usually starts their day using the internet. And obviously ends the day with a couple of hours on the social media watching internet videos.

11. Thanijuma1993

Thanijuma1993 New Member

Continuing to live without the internet is very common because life did not exist today but there were people in the past without the internet but it is still difficult today to lack this service because its effect is great

12. sniperlove

sniperlove New Member

Well I think I can live with that
    I tried it once when I was in the province and I don't have a smart phone.
    I did it in 1week

13. davechai0530

davechai0530 New Member

Of course I can live without internet. It's not my basic needs.

14. calebkaylix

calebkaylix New Member

For me I think I can. Living without the internet may seem hard but practically it isn't. The only drawback is that you will lose a lot if we consider the concept of business. I think business lacking internet is a foreign concept.

15. Mhirem

Mhirem New Member

Technically yes, but I'd be pretty miserable. I have mental health problems that make working "normally" very difficult, so working online is the better option for me. Many of my friends are also in different states and even countries from me, and I'd hate to have contact with them cut off. I'm also in a long-distance relationship, and having to break up because of it would be crushing.

16. CJPQ

CJPQ New Member

I don't think so because our lives revolve around the internet. When I'm bored, I browse the internet. When I have to communicate with other people but I don't have a postpaid plan or load, I use the internet. Don't know how to use a particular product? Search for instructions on the internet. You don't have the time to go to the mall personally to shop? There's online shopping on the internet. Recipes, ingredients for a certain dish? It could be found on the internet with lots of variations. Survival tips? There's a lot on the internet. With the technological advancements that we have today, it would be very difficult to not be able to use the internet for a short period of time except for those who haven't seen or heard about the internet.

17. JMae372

JMae372 Member

Of course yes. Honestly I somewhat pity the generations today because they were not able to experience the kind of fun we had when we were young. In today, the fun that they know is by playing online or scanning through the internet. They were not able to experience being under the sun playing tag with their friends. They were not able to make bonds or memories with people through socializing, instead they just socialize online wherein they don't even know if their online friend is actually true or not.

18. teri84

teri84 New Member

Yes, because I used of not having Internet before. I was born in the early 80's and at that time here in our place we have no internet connection. Internet boom here in the early 2000's so my life is not really dependent to the internet world. It's okay if we have no connection for 1 day I will not die for that.

19. Allanjohn30

Allanjohn30 Member

Personally speaking, I would say yes because the question refers to "living". I can definitely live without internet because it is not one my basic needs but it is still part of living. Actually, this is really a broad question considering this new generation the we have. If you were born and grew with the influence of internet it is really hard for you to live in some ways, but if you are like me living in the province where we have a poor internet connection, you could really live without the internet because you have other sources of income, learning, entertainment and the like. In addition, we cannot deny that we are mostly depending our learning, relaxation, influence and other related thing to the internet and I cannot see any problem with that as long as it is in moderation.

20. lzr9211

lzr9211 New Member

I still need internet if I live in farms and mountains. Because I need all new information even I live in those places, and I must use the internet to know all things happened outside. There must be a day I go outside of those places if I do not know what happened outside before I leave, I would feel difficult to communicate with others.

21. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

No! I can not stay without the internet. This is because most of my daily routine now days is through the internet from communication through social media to earning my daily income.

22. BigEyes

BigEyes Member

Definitely a big YES. I live a mountain place.We can access internet there but I can live without it.Cause I've better spend most of my time cleaning the yard,plant more flowers and some vegetables or do biking in the morning or afternoon.Spend more time with my daughter.Our house is surrounded by rice fields and mountains.

23. rustypaller

rustypaller Member

Life is very different in many ways, now that we have the internet, but not necessarily better. It is not so very long ago that we had no computers, no telephone, radio or television, no geostationary satellites, no cars, no airplanes …

24. rustypaller

rustypaller Member

How do you live without the internet? That’s simple.

Call your phone company and get a land line to make phone calls. Buy a home phone. Cordless ones are nice and you can store phone numbers in them. What’s really neat is if the signal strength is good, you can walk outside and take the phone with you while you’re using it.

Keep an address book with all of your contacts’ names, home/business addresses, and phone numbers. You won’t need their email addresses anymore.

Buy newspapers and magazines to keep up with news.

Get a TV antenna and hope you live in an area that can pick up digital signals from local TV stations. Be careful with this one. For some reason our local Fox station broadcast one of the Super Bowl games in Spanish. My husband was not pleased with me because he wanted to keep the cable TV.

Get a library card. It’s handy to get books to read. You can also get CD’s and DVD movies to watch at home.

If you’re going to travel to some place new, buy road maps so you won’t get lost.

Make sure you buy lots of stamps so you can send letters and jokes to your family and friends.

You won’t have Siri, Alexa, Cortana or Google Now to find information for you. They won’t be there to dim the lights. Google Search and Bing won’t happen for you, either.

Your home security system will have to rely on your home phone’s land line. Oh, I almost forgot - you won’t get Ring notifications either because YOU DON’T HAVE A CELL PHONE.

You won’t have Snapchat and Facebook to keep up to date with family and friends, either. Dating apps won’t be available. You’re going to have to *shudder* meet people in person and have conversations with them.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. It sounds like fun, doesn’t it?

25. kianluis

kianluis New Member

Of course you can live without the internet. There are people out there who survive just fine with no connectivity. The problem is if you're highly connected right now and THEN you give up your connection. You will live but you will lose out on all your connections from friends to family to work. You'll be harder to contact, you'll have a hard time navigating around the city, you won't have the convenience of accessibility.

The internet was once a perk to everyday life but overtime has become a necessity as more and more aspects of our lives become interconnected with each other. There are still others who live off the grid but they are those who live in their own society and doesn't need the internet to function in their everyday lives.

26. Dmariere

Dmariere New Member

I sure can live without the internet after all there was life before the internet came into existence. It certainly won't be easy in this time and age but it can be done. Serene mood activated shut out the noise of the internet

27. Riyadmozu19

Riyadmozu19 New Member

At present i cant think a second without my internet connection.All my work done by internet without internet i think there is no general knowledge & also be information.

28. GigsNext

GigsNext New Member

First understand the difference between Living and Surviving, yeah you can survive without Internet but it wont be a better idea to just survive in this technologically advance world.

People can still travel by feet so why do we need trains and planes for travel. Its just that simple, technology is all around us and it will get better in future days, it is on us how we treat and use these real world advance things.

For this advance society we also have to evolve our brains congruent to that, if you ask a person to drive a cart, then it does not require any specialization for that. Any novice can push that, but if you ask someone to navigate a spacecraft that requires advance training to understand all its major and minor calibrations.
    Internet have a great influence in molding our society that we are in.

Total innovation that took over 100 years during 1800–1900 can be achieved in less than 2 years today due to the vast resource of knowledge on a single platform. And the pattern will follow that same in future.

So it is upon us after all, we want to Live or Survive.