Cash or credit card?

Discussion in 'Business, Politics, & Debates' started by wytdemon2009, May 4, 2012.

1. leodavid09

leodavid09 Member

I prefer cash... here in PH, you can't use credit card for your public transportation. You can't also use CC in the wet market, where I usually get my food stuff fora few days...

2. maryssmaricar

maryssmaricar Member

Cash. It's the most convenient way of paying for the things that you're purchasing. You can also track your expenses when you are using cash. Not all establishments here in the Philippines has the ability to let you pay through credit card.

3. pceug17

pceug17 Member

I prefer cash. It is easier and faster to pay in cash. And since there are still limited stores and establishments that allow you to pay with crypto-currency. For example, the traditional computing still uses cash, the sari-sari store, the local food stalls.

In credit cards, I don't want to be indebted due to the interest. Plus there are so many schemes that can steal your information.

4. Rejoyce

Rejoyce Member

Cash. You only got to spend what you have. With credit card, you tend to buy impulsively. It will make you suffer once you start paying and it has a big interest.

5. mariebernadette

mariebernadette New Member

I'd go for cash because it helps me in controlling how I spend. I see to it that I only spend when I have excess money. Unlike in using credit card, you spend even if there is no ready cash yet, and the tendency is that you overspend since you are thinking that "I'm not going to pay it any time soon." so might as well go on a shopping spree. And the next thing you know is that you went overboard in spending already. Another thing is that when you forgot to pay when payment is due, you will have to pay for the interest, which is an additional expense again.

6. andalocjn12

andalocjn12 New Member

It depends on the situation i guess. For me cash is okay if you are in your own country but when you travel i prefer credit card like Visa or Mastercard.

7. Bri1567

Bri1567 New Member

I prefer to pay with cash. There are many more advantages in my opinion. Such as, not having to pay interest or fees at the end of each month, or having to worry about being in debt. It is very easy when you have a credit card to overspend and borrow a lot of money. I prefer to pay with cash. There are many more advantages in my opinion. Unfortunately, my cousin did have his identity stolen. This is one worry that crosses my mind when I use the credit card. This is another reason why I like to use cash. I do not have to worry about fraud when I pay cash. Although, there might be some drawbacks of using cash such as, purchasing products online and tracking how much money you have spent. Overall, I do like to pay cash over using the credit card.

8. prexv

prexv Member

As much as possible, I want to pay in cash. I'd like to have my personal information not be used too much and so, I don't buy online where credit card is the only way for payment. There are many hackers anymore lurking using their own enhanced technology and they can steal your credit card information anytime and anywhere if you don't check first on how secure the site is. Also, having credit card can lead to overspending and I'd like to save more money than spending on things that isn't necessary on a daily basis.

9. AlphaJD007

AlphaJD007 New Member

Cash and Credit Cards has it's own advantages and dis advantages. For Cash the advantages would be you can pay upfront of the service or item that you would like to have without having the worry about interest. however having lots of cash in your pocket specially when your going outside is not that a good idea in terms of your security, you might be in a harms way if unfortunate things happens. On the other hand if we are talking about CC or Credit card it will be very convenient to bring specially in the mall or restaurant that you want to eat out. the disadvantage of this mode of payment is the interest. Having Credit card is a responsibility you must know your wants and needs so that you can monitor your day to day expense because if not you might wake up one day and you are in a serous debt. In General using both of them will be the best choice as long as you are responsible of handling it.

10. Jonasaguilar

Jonasaguilar Member

Using a credit card can be a more convenient method of payment than using cash. ... Credit card users are also able to conduct transactions online and over the phone, and hotel and rental cars are much easier to reserve with a credit cardthan they are with cash. You may earn cashrewards just by making purchases.

11. Makinaru

Makinaru New Member

Using cash when buying is much better than credit card. It will allow you spend what you only have.

12. Mafi

Mafi New Member

I'd choose cash over credit card. I actually learned from the experience of my relative who was not able to pay the interests from the expenses they purchased from the credit card. Aside from that, my mother also reminds me not to involve myself to any kinds of loan. Though I must say, using credit card is convenient because it could be used online. But still, it is better to pay cash and have savings than spend credits and get interests. :)

13. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

cash is better

1 person likes this.
  14. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

I should have it both.

15. aytee

aytee New Member

I prefer credit card. Cause it makes you do large amount transaction at ease. Saves you from theft

16. romilda

romilda Member

Cash if I have but credit card will be used for emergencies when we are out of cash.

17. Stalcius

Stalcius New Member

I use a credit card for almost all purchases for points/cash back.

18. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

I prefer cash if i have casah, but i used credit card when im doing transaction online.

19. edanio

edanio Member

I never apply for a credit card because when you have one, you will always be tempted to buy things specially things worth a large sump of money like car and some other appliances that requires considerable amount of money because of the idea that you will pay it later in due time with some interest and because of the thought that you don't shell out money at a time. This is the irony of it later when you start paying your debt and little will be left with your salaries that you are oblige to look for additional job so that your earning will increase to cope with your daily needs.

So instead of worrying about those things when i'm pretty contented of what I have, I prefer to carry in my wallet a debit card for petty things worth less than a hundred dollar and some cash for things that i need worth more than a hundred dollar. As the day is over I could pretty well sleep without the worry of having to pay something more than I could earn.

20. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

Using a credit card can be a more convenient method of payment than using cash. Credit card users are also able to conduct transactions online and over the phone, and hotel and rental cars are much easier to reserve with a credit card than they are with cash. You may earn cash rewards just by making purchases.

21. snesz08

snesz08 Member

I prefer cash. because you don't need to think your monthly bill, if you are to used credit card while cash is one time payment. nothing more, nothing less.

22. tinatinay

tinatinay Member

Credit card is not bad at all as long as you know how to control and limit your self. credit cards is also great help whenever you go abroad. it is more secure and safe rather than carrying large amount of cash. I think you will never go wrong with credit cards as long as you are capable of paying on time.

on the other hand cash is good it keeps you out of debt.

23. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

I prefer to use cash on my transactions everytime because it feels secure in paying items rather than paying through credit cards. You feel secure on paying cash and it will lower our chance from the scammers that are lurking through our credit cards. But I also use credit cards as a payment too and it helps me so much. I pay my online transactions smoothly and I use it to pay my shopping online and it really saves my time. But I am also careful in my transactions and I am aware of any suspicious things online that will sap all of my money from my credit card.

24. ciestlavie

ciestlavie New Member

As someone who still struggles to avoid overspending, I personally prefer cash. It helps me set a certain limit as to how much I can spend and it definitely saves me from impulsive buying. Cash is also more convenient because every kind of store would accept this kind of payment. I would have to say, though, that a credit card can offer a particular security in one way or another, but it can bring more trouble if someone doesn't know how to be responsible enough to handle one.

25. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I prefer cash. Credit cards are handy but you have to be careful about over-spending.

26. Fornari

Fornari New Member

Credit cards are most commonly used at least in America. It's all about convenience and time efficiency.

27. vebselpo

vebselpo Member

I've been using both and both are important. When I use cash I was really on track with my expenses. I use credit card when I want to buy an expensive item then I would put on installment method.

28. chamielita

chamielita New Member

[​IMG]
    As a former financial adviser and based on my personal experiences, it depends on your financial literacy. Yes, cash is the best way to buy something because you have control and no interest using it. But nowadays, there's a lot more convenient way on paying than cash.

Credit card can be a good or bad in your personal finance and it depends on how or where you're going to use it. If you're a responsible card holder, you can enjoy the advantages or benefits of using a credit card. Otherwise, it will be a curse for you to have one.

29. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

I prefer cash. I've been seeing a lot of credit card problems on the news and it scared me.

30. tu2l

tu2l New Member

Both cash and credit card have their own advantages and disadvantages but in my opinion i think you should carry both cash and credit card because sometimes when you are out from home, credit card comes in handy in because some places don't accept cash. Cash comes in handy when you find yourself in such a situation where you have the credit card but there is no ATM machine.