Chat or Text

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by edcel, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JMae372

JMae372 Member

Most people nowadays prefer chat rather than text because even though they don't have a load they can still chat using their free data. Actually the only ones who I text with are my families because even though they have messenger accounts they usually don't open their accounts.

2. Israelwalex

Israelwalex New Member

For me, it's difficult to pick because they both have their perks and they are not too different from each other. Texting saves you from replying instantly so you have enough time to think well before replying a message. Same goes for chatting but chatting does not afford you much time as texting does, especially when you're online.

3. Allanjohn30

Allanjohn30 Member

I would choose chat this time because I could enjoy the free service of some data or internet providers. Chat has more features as well compared to text; pictures, emoticons, and the like. Also, due to the high cost of living today, I would always choose the cheaper price with the good quality.
    There are always ways to make things easy and comfortable.

4. ranerii10

ranerii10 Member

Both for me. as long as you have communication with someone and express what you want. ask them if they are okay or not. you feel their presence through chat or text. it will not cost more money. it increase your communication with other people.

5. Rengo

Rengo New Member

Text
    I preffer text because I am sure that it is read by the recipient immediately. Unlike chat you are not sure if when he/she will be online. I use chat if my message is not that important but if it is urgent I use text just to make sure that the person will recieve it real time.

6. klynne18

klynne18 New Member

It's either of the two. Chat and text is both needed. If there's no internet connection, we tend to use text. But if there's internet we're more on chat.

7. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

Both are needed but it will depend to the person you are talking to and the purpose of it .

8. dinndinn

dinndinn New Member

I prefer to text, but this is only because I consider myself an introverted person so it's easier for me to come up with words behind a screen. I also like texting because it gives you more time to think before you reply to the other person, which has helped me express myself more efficiently and honestly, something that I struggle with while regular chatting. On some occasions I enjoy chatting as well, but not with the majority of people since it takes a while for me to open up in a conversation.

9. Mbun5011

Mbun5011 New Member

I do prefer receiving text because in my own opinion it is a professional approach when getting a job apart from this there are individuals who are not tech savy so most preferable way is the traditional way of communication thru text.

10. joanarc321

joanarc321 Member

It actually depends upon who the person you are chatting or texting to. If I want to talk with friends, then I would choose "chat" since you can actually do a lot of things in chat like sending stickers, group conversation and more. But if you are talking to someone who is your manager or someone related to work, then it is best to use "text" since it is more formal and professional.

11. beckertani

beckertani Member

Chat. Although the two are very similar that you are not using your mouth to communicate. I chose chat because it is free on facebook so you don't need to spend.

12. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Both have the same function. It just depends on when you get a reply. I think a chat is when you are constantly communicating with someone and it is only. Messages are usually text messages that you get in your phone. Still the same thing for me.

13. Joel2019

Joel2019 Member

Text is a very powerful way of communication before but we cannot deny nowadays that chatting is catching up with the technology, almost all people are connected in the internet and chat is faster when it comes to receiving messages due to some interference in text messages because of satellite issues, unlike in chatting, if you are both online then you can receive the message in a one button click.

14. Yelyel

Yelyel New Member

Can i choose both ? text because i'm not always online, but my phone is always open to receive messages and i can reply quickly maybe if important or not, i will reply. Chat ? Yes i'm using this, Because my relatives, love once and friends is far for me, Chat is the best for communicating to someone too far, That's why i choose both its very useful and convenient for me and very instant to received the messages.

15. JAO022

JAO022 New Member

I'm in the Philippines and here people are not texting too much. The messenger is often used to chat with them. for me its advantage is you can send more video photos etc.

16. chuchu12

chuchu12 New Member

Chat and text are the same. But chat can send photos and voice messages easily than text. In texts, you'll have a big charge for sending photos and voice records that in chat. So rather prefer to use chat.

17. Namirakatuzei

Namirakatuzei New Member

in my opinion, chat is better than thats because it's cheaper than the other prices.

18. Alala

Alala New Member

From my experience, neither is inherently better or worse. If the user interface is simple and intuitive, it really doesn't matter. I've ultimately ended up making my decisions on this subject based on the prevalent opinion of the group in which I'm functioning. At one time I just used text because that was what the people around me were using. Now I use a popular chat app for almost all of my daily communication because that is what other people are using. In the country where I currently live, if you ask someone for their phone number, they would likely think you are a strange person. Almost all non-email communication, both social and business, takes place in one app that almost everyone uses.

19. sheennayu

sheennayu New Member

majority of the people nowadays, from age of 4 and above, have their own smart phones and through this we can all access any social medias that we can use effectively in communicating to other people far from us with an affordable price or we can also avail it for free. such as free data in facebook messenger. hehe.
    but honestly i am one of those individual who doesn't have a smartphone. yeah right! i do not have a smartphone!!! i only have this keypad type of phone only use for call and text. happy? sort of. but im always dreaming of a smartphone!!! can anybody donate me your old samrtphone please. haha! just kidding. i can still survive. thank you

20. JesReen

JesReen Member

I would go with text. Because you can still receive a message even if you have no wifi or data. Unlike in chat, you need to have an access to wifi or you need to on your cellular data just to receive a message. What if it’s an urgent matter that needs a reply asap and you have no data, so you will not receive the message at an important time.

21. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

I prefer chat because there are internet service provider that u can chat 24/7 but no image or video content,just only chat they'll offer and its goodthing for me,

22. Aleona

Aleona Member

I feel more secure with text messages. A lot of maliscious things are already going on online and I've already experienced having my social media account hacked. Through text messages, at least I'm assured that my conversations won't leak because there's no way for sms to be hacked.