Cheating is a choice?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jovean, Jul 31, 2017.

1. rarskie

rarskie New Member

Some people cheats because of their ego especially when they are involve on different activities in life. that's why they don't stick around. But a true person and don't have any bad intentions they don't cheat.

2. EncarDM

EncarDM New Member

I do think that cheating is a choice, just as loving someone everyday is a choice. I have seen relationships tear apart because of this issue, but i have also seen relationships grow because of cheating. I'm not saying that cheating is a good thing, cheating is never a good thing ,but sometimes it makes someone realize the things that they should have done and what they shouldn't for their other half, allowing them to correct past mistakes. But at the end of the day, what matters most is what makes you happy.

3. Bizarrio

Bizarrio New Member

I don't support cheating, but I don't know how can you say cheating is not an option?

Cheating is both a choice and an option, in my opinion. Every individual has free will and he/she can do anything he/she wants (but, of course, every action has a consequence).

Again, I don't support cheating and anyone who cheats is a loser, in my book.

4. DiegxNz

DiegxNz New Member

I think it depends on how you see it. I mean, it is your CHOICE if you are going to cheat on your partner or not, but is always an option. We all come to situations in our life where temptation knocks on our door, and when that happens, cheating becomes an option, we just make the CHOICE to not follow that option.

5. Jaysean

Jaysean New Member

Yes its true base on my experience my girlfriend cheat me two times im so sad about that. So if you cheat then you probably cheat.

6. Definitely, that is a choice. We can choose if we want to cheat or to be loyal to the person we love. If we really love that person, of course we will not do such a thing that will hurt that person. It is a choice.

7. Iggyboi

Iggyboi New Member

Hello Dear,

Yes I agree with you that cheating is a choice and not an option. In our daily life we can encounter a more pretty more sexy woman or more good looking or more masculine type of guy. It is our choice to be tempted or not. It is on us if we will go with that weakness. If you will be in this situation always remember your partner, the memories you are together and the reason you are with each other. If you really love your partner then you can instantly choose what is right and do the right thing. When you choose to be tempted and once discovered by your partner, be ready to face the results and this includes losing the one you love the most.

8. rygen

rygen New Member

Yes cheating is only a choice. If we truly love our partner cheating is not an option. Yes we may find better or prettier than our wife along our journey in life. And might ruin our relationship, but if just know how to be satisfied and appreciate our wife then there is no room for cheating.

9. Ciari Byul

Ciari Byul New Member

cheating will always be a choice. it's under the responsibility of the person who is already committed to stay faithfully and loyal to his or her partner. no one deserves to be cheated on. no matter how bad a persons' attitude is a relationship should be build in trust and honesty, and not be build in long term lied and infidelity. for me i know that almost all my exes cheated on me one way or another. they just never admitted anything thinking they can break it off with me without making me hate them. but it pains me more that even after breaking my hear and breaking it off they still chose to leave with an impression that they lied to me. sure maybe not all are cheaters but not many are able to ask for forgiveness, not many knows how to feel guilty and say sorry. they would continue to hurt people's hearts and play with others feelings. and if ever you feel that you don't love the person anyone its better to say the ugly truth than hurt him or her by going out with someone else.

10. Ciari Byul

Ciari Byul New Member

cheating will always be a choice. it's under the responsibility of the person who is already committed to stay faithfully and loyal to his or her partner. no one deserves to be cheated on. no matter how bad a persons' attitude is a relationship should be build in trust and honesty, and not be build in long term lied and infidelity. for me i know that almost all my exes cheated on me one way or another. they just never admitted anything thinking they can break it off with me without making me hate them. but it pains me more that even after breaking my hear and breaking it off they still chose to leave with an impression that they lied to me. sure maybe not all are cheaters but not many are able to ask for forgiveness, not many knows how to feel guilty and say sorry. they would continue to hurt people's hearts and play with others feelings. and if ever you feel that you don't love the person anyone its better to say the ugly truth than hurt him or her by going out with someone else.

11. Mioka

Mioka New Member

I think it's a choice definitely. You can't really blame the other person or alcohol if you willingly went with them. We are rational beings and we need to think things through and we generally know the consequences of our actions

12. MitchyGev23

MitchyGev23 New Member

If staying inlove is a choice, then probably cheating on your partner will always become a choice. You falling inlove with your partner is not a choice since we cannot control what we feel. But as time goes by, the sparks of love slowly fades away and some people might think that they've fallen out of love that's why they decide to find that spark feeling again, but with another person.

Staying in love with your partner is a choice you have to make, always remember the promises you've given to her, always think about what will happen to you if you lose her. Don't exchange the love of your life with the one you don't wanna keep. Sometimes, people cheat because of reasons, might be reasonable, but some people cheat because of that's who they are.

In conclusion, cheating will always be a choice, no matter what the reason is, it will always be an action you can avoid, or you can push through.

13. ty20

ty20 New Member

In my opinion cheating is no more a choice than eating food or breathing air to live. If you're in relationships that are without the necessary elements that foster growth and ascension then the instinct to seek out these elements will naturally develop. Breakup, move on, cheat , etc.

14. yceiiya

yceiiya New Member

Cheating is one of the painful things in life. All we do is definitely our choices. Our present life is based on what we chose in the past and our future will base on what we choose in present. Cheating is a choice. It's the choice you chose over your partner. You choose to cheat to fulfill your desires that your partner can't give to you. Cheating is basically using somebody else to cover up the pain and sadness. Cheating is selfishness, that people choose for their own sake.

15. Amiiepb

Amiiepb New Member

yes! cheating is absolutely a choice. if you truly love your partner, even if you don't have time for each other you will not cheat. COMMUNICATION is always the key to fixing your relationship. it also gives you a relief if you talk and tell all your problems and insecurities. you and your partner will meet halfway and no more cheating!

16. Cynix

Cynix New Member

You have to make a choice to cheat. No one has a gun to your head, and there are alternatives to cheating. You can later decide that it was a mistake you wish you didn't make, or you can not regret it and continue to do it--once again a person's morals and ethics come into play, as does the situation.

17. Vashuan

Vashuan New Member

Absolutely, YES! Because it's a kind of decision that we've made. As grown ups, we already know for what is good and bad. Most of us human encountered or even committed such a mistake. But it's all up to us, on how to handle or to get rid of such thing, CHEATING. But we should always remember, everything in this world will fall into it's place. So we all have to think first a million times before doing such things and most especially in making decisions because whatever maybe the outcome, it's all a matter of our own choice. In short, better don't cheat!

18. DragonBoss

DragonBoss New Member

It most definitely is a choice! The underlying reasons may vary, but the "Ooops, didn't mean to, it just happened somehow" excuses just don't cut it for me. It never just happens. There are so many steps before you do the deed and plenty of opportunities to change your mind and do the right thing - whether it's resolving the problems in your current relationship or talking things out with the potential affair. However justified it may seem to you, shifting blame to your partner is just an excuse; there have to be more constructive ways to approach your relationship problems. Either work things out or move on. There's no need to demean yourself and your partner by being so selfish and your problems will most probably remain unresolved.

19. xvinskee1

xvinskee1 New Member

Cheating is a choice? Yes! because if you really love him/her you don't find someone to replace her/him in your life.

20. allan1206

allan1206 New Member

Yes i absolutely agree that cheatng is a choice because every human being has their own conscience that guides them to discern what is right or wrong about our decisions in life. Anyone commits cheating to their partners or even to someone that they are close to is something that people chooses to do so. There can no be excuses with regard to cheating as they are people's choices and decided to perform it using rational mind.

21. Vashuan

Vashuan New Member

Absolutely, YES! Because it's a kind of decision that we've made. As grown ups, we already know for what is good and bad. Most of us human encountered or even committed such a mistake. But it's all up to us, on how to handle or to get rid of such thing, CHEATING. But we should always remember, everything in this world will fall into it's place. So we all have to think first a million times before doing such things and most especially in making decisions because whatever maybe the outcome, it's all a matter of our own choice. In short, better don't cheat!

22. yehn

yehn New Member

Yes it's a choice because at the very beginning you already knew that you are already in a relationship, so why do you have to tolerate that feelings.

23. ilovesarah08

ilovesarah08 New Member

Cheating is a choice. I believe that once you entered into a relationship with someone, you should be committed to that person. Why would you enter into a relationship when you'll just cheat? Other people are just fond of cheating and they don't realize the effect of it in an individual. It destroys them. It makes them miserable. They tend to ask and blame their selves why their partner cheated on them instead of pointing out the mistakes of their partner. It makes them incomplete and makes them unworthy. It makes them hard to trust anybody once you've done that. So before you commit with someone, make sure you give your 101% of yourself. Loyalty, trust and love is the key to a relationship.

24. Kcdeang

Kcdeang New Member

Cheating is a choice.

It is your choice to hurt your partner, it will always be your choice to make. You cant tell her "Sorry i baby i had no choice" Thats just his way to relieve him from the guilt he is feeling.
    he cheated on you despite knowing that you'll get hurt. Always remember, do not believe someone who will tell you that they had no choice. Thats wrong

25. Davisho

Davisho Member

It is a choice, So if your relationship has issues cheating is a way of giving up on working out problems. Or in a new relationship it's something a person needs to change about their self if they really want to be in a relationship.

26. Chris4cag

Chris4cag New Member

I can understand how its more of a choice but somone can try to influence you depending on mindset.

27. aubeybey

aubeybey New Member

Cheating is definitely a choice. There is no such thing as you were forced to cheat or what. It is a decision made by a person, who is considered as a rational human being. By rational, it means that we can make sound decisions that are just and right. Cheating can come even in simpliest form, enjoying a conversation secretly in an opposite sex others than your girlfriend/boyfriend can already be a form of cheating; lusting on other woman you've just seen around is also already a form of cheating. Cheating can be a devastation to someone, leaving a person hurt and depressed. There were also cases when it can destroys someone's life. That is why cheating should be stop especially in a relationship. The thing is , when you do not have feelings for your partner anymore, you should stop the relationship and not do ways that would hurt your partner more.

28. aeycee95

aeycee95 New Member

Yes, cheating is indeed a choice. Cheating does not come out of the blue, nor unexpectedly. It is not like, "My goodness! What have I done? Why did I cheat?" Because first and foremost, before doing something, you think first and upon making an action, you already made a decision,and that is between a "yes" or a "no" or a "later". Remember, in every action there is a reaction.

29. KC5117

KC5117 New Member

Most of the people say that cheating is a mistake but actually not. Cheating is a choice. There are so many reasons why people actually cheat and the most common is dissatisfaction with their current relationships. They are physically and emotionally dissatisfied with the relationship. They feel unloved, neglected and disrespected. So, they look for someone who can fill their wants and needs with someone else. They choose to cheat because they badly need as a partner in a relationship. Some people choose to cheat because of temptation. They actually do not mentally want to cheat but they fall for the temptation and make that kind of choice. Relationship is a responsibility. So, partners should know every details on what is happening with their relationship. They need to talk things out and open up with each other. Talking about men, they are actually not vocal. They tend to keep their problems with themselves so, partners should ask them out what is their problem. Couples should keep their relationship healthy and should be loving, caring and appreciative with each other.

30. QueenofSecrets

QueenofSecrets New Member

I totally agree!

It's not only a matter of being loyal to your partner but it is also a matter of standing firm on a choice you once made. I personally believe that loving someone is a choice; staying in love is a choice; and choosing who you love in the first place is also a choice. Choosing someone or something means that you are ready for whatever consequence or flaw your choice would bring and accept all of it.
    I also believe that cheating may also stem out from having second thoughts about your partner or simply because of having another option available. No matter, entering relationships needs to have commitment and dedication. I firmly believe that a person must always be true to his/her words and promises for them to have a deeper meaning despite temptations and other obstacles ahead. Having a relationship with someone is promising him/her that you will dedicate your undivided time and attention only for him/her. And clearly, cheating is a violation of that promise. It only shows that he/she isn't really as invested in you or in that relationship to be worth your time.
    We have the choice to be tempted or not; to be seduced or not; to entertain advances or not; and we definitely have the choice to let other people ruin the relationship we have or to let the experience strengthen it.