Coconut oil..

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by shells, Jan 26, 2014.

1. aubrianna

aubrianna New Member

I have always heard about how amazing coconut oil was and recently after I gave birth to my third child I decided to try to jump on this wagon. First off let me just say amazing. Coconut oil is one of those universal things that just make life easier. I have used coconut oil as a substitute for some of my dishes that I cook, A healthy alternative for vegetable oil or butter. During pregnancy I use coconut oil on my stomach to prevent stretch marks and help the elasticity and moisture of my skin. I have also used it for my hair, it locks and so much more moisture and create so much bounce. If I could pour coconut oil over my entire life, I would. Funny thing is, I don't even like the taste of coconuts.

2. trxpunzel

trxpunzel New Member

I LOVE coconut oil. I used it for my hair, skin, lips, etc. This oil is the best, it's great for taking off makeup too. It makes my hair SUPER soft. Try putting it in your hair for a couple of hours and wash it out, your hair will feel amazing. Also using it has a body or lip scrub is great too. This oil is so versatile, I'm in love with it.

3. Ashley Zuniga

Ashley Zuniga New Member

Yes. I am in love with Coconut Oil. I use it on my hair all the time. A couple of nights a week before I go to bed I rub coconut oil between my hands and apply it all over my hair. I leave it on my hair while I sleep and then rinse it off in the shower the next morning. I also make my own makeup removers with Coconut oil. I use about 8 ounces of water, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, then I add about two squirts of baby shampoo and warm that up until the coconut oil melts. I fill up a mason jar with cotton pads then put the mixture in it. It works perfect to remove makeup and it leaves your skin feeling so soft.

4. anarodrig98

anarodrig98 New Member

I love coconut oil for my hair! My hair is bleached, so it was super dry the first few weeks I bleached it. I googled some DIY remedies and many of the youtube videos and blog posts were about coconut oil, so I tried it and it brought life back into my hair!

Athena Druid likes this.
  5. littlekatie

littlekatie New Member

I just love the wonders of coconut oil.Who wouldn't? I think its a wonder oil! I use it for everything from healing scars to moisturizing dry skin. I just use Coconut oil every time my little one has skin irritation, insect bites, or even a bruise. It heals faster than the usual. And my mother in law mentioned that she also uses it as mouth gargle. And yes, it is true, gargling for 20 minutes with a spoonful of oil can help clear up germs in the mouth, leading to fresher breath, whiter teeth, and healthier gums. It is also part of my beauty regimen.
    What does coconut oil can't do? :thumbsup:

Athena Druid likes this.
  6. creaturecation

creaturecation New Member

I used coconut oil in my guinea pig's eye when it was enlarged and the vet wanted to remove it. He was on antibiotics too but the coconut oil brought his eye back down to normal size and did not have to have it removed!

7. JohnCP

JohnCP New Member

Coconut oil or some may call it virgin coconut oil can also be used as a substitute for a few beauty products aside from its use in the kitchen. It is good to moisturize chapped lips and also to remove make up. A safer and natural way is to use cotton when applying the coconut oil. Coconut oil is also very good in the hair as it strengthens the strands and makes the scalp healthier. We have used this in our family for more than three decades.

8. sommet

sommet New Member

Coconut oil has a multitude of health benefits, which include but are not limited to skin care, hair care, improving digestion and immunity against a host of infections and diseases, I make a shake, and it's been really heplful to my digestion problems.

9. rmd1982

rmd1982 New Member

I love coconut oil as well and use it for many things. I put it in my coffee in the morning and that alone has helped with joint pain and has also made my nails super strong. I mix baking soda and coconut oil together and use it for my toothpaste and my deodorant. I also started oil pulling and takes care of headaches and morning sickness when your pregnant.

Gisele Costa likes this.
  10. rollerdame

rollerdame New Member

There are some great ideas here for the use of coconut oil. I use it to cook and have tried it in my hair I few times. However I never heard about the oil pulling. It's something I must look up and try. I also would like to try the eating a couple of teaspoons a day, but I need to read more about it before taking that jump. Seems like it might be nasty.

11. Erica Tanner

Erica Tanner New Member

I ran out of moisturizer a couple of months back and I still haven't gone out to buy new moisturizer. Reason? Coconut oil. I found it in our cabinet while searching for moisturizer, and I must say that it's one of the best discoveries I've ever made. I take a little bit and rub it between my hands until it melts, and then I apply it to my face. I've seen a huge difference in my skin, and plan to use it for my hair in the future as well.

12. glomer21

glomer21 New Member

Coconut oil is just an amazing oil. It can be used in cooking and can cure some skin allergies or diseases, like white spots or tinea versicolor. I just searched about that home remedy and I was shocked that coconut oil is one of those remedies.

13. jackiee1

jackiee1 New Member

I love coconut oil. I use it for cooking, eating, and oil pulling. Coconut oil has a huge list of health benefits. I have introduced it to my family and friends. I buy it by the gallons!

14. glykahipe03

glykahipe03 New Member

I really really love coconut oil too! It is one of the most wonderful oils and gives us so many benefits in different ways. Coconut oil is very abundant with nutrients just like vitamins and fatty acids it contains antibacterial properties and can be used as a natural skin moisturizer. It is even healthier using coconut oil in cooking rather than ordinary cooking oil. I use coconut oil as my home remedies to achieve healthy and beautiful skin, just like putting coconut oil in body scrubs for exfoliating, applying coconut oil on my face as I massage it coconut oil leaves my skin so smooth and glowing!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  15. laninot

laninot New Member

I am using coconut oil.Coconut oil have many health benefits.A thick butter-like oil helps in a healthy growth of our hair and gives a shine to those strands.It is also highly effective in reducing protein loss,which if uncheckedcan lead to various unhealthy quality in our hair.This is the reason why it is used as a hair care ,and in the manufacturing of various conditioners and dandruff relief creams.Coconut oil is an excellent massage oil that acts as an effective moisturizer for all types of skin,including dry skin.It is good for weight loss.It contains short and medium chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight.It is also good for our immunity.It stengthens the immune system because it contains antimicrobial lipids,lauric acid,capric acid,and capylic acid,which have anti fungal ,antibacterial and antiviral properties.

16. Elizabeth_Page

Elizabeth_Page New Member

I'm a fan of coconut oil. I use it as my facial moisturizer. I had hormonal acne last year and it was the worst that I ever experienced. I was depressed and shy about my face. Every time I bump in a friend and meet other people they always made comment and others made fun of my acne. One thing that made me more worry was it happened months before my wedding. :cry: Goodness! I was so worried. I seek out help from "Dr. Google" .:p. I tried a lot of products on my face for months and nothing happens until I found this "coconut oil balm" in one of the vlogs in youtube. I only use facial cleanser and that "miracle balm" and the result was visible in just 2 weeks. Amazing!:thumbsup:

17. edz26

edz26 Member

An oil from tree of life called coconut oil, aside from cooking. Coconut oil has potential health benefit it contains fatty acid and high in healthy saturated fats, this fats can boost fat burning and provide your body and brain quick energy. Good for your skin and hair as natural moisturizer.

18. Abicdefghi

Abicdefghi New Member

I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. So I was on a mission to help my self get better. One of my first step was to eat food that are good for me. And one of the miracle food for people with hypothyroidism is coconut oil. It has an anti inflammatory property that can help my thyroid heal. It also serves as a laxative which helps relieve the challenge which almost all people with hypothyroidism face every day. Also not to mention that we have cold intolerance and oils and fat are an effective way to regulate our body temperature at the same time a healthier alternative to animal fat. Which is also leads to another benefit. Because it is also a good source of energy which addresses to the fatigue we commonly experience.

19. orozcojessamae

orozcojessamae New Member

I like to use coconut oil in both cooking and baking, but only in certain recipes. While EVOO is my go-to oil, I find that coconut works well for recipes that benefit from coconut flavor, and a richness and mouth feel similar to butter.
    For example, I use coconut oil in Moroccan lentil soup and a ginger-mint veggie and shrimp stir-fry. It also works well as a replacement for butter in certain baked goods and sweets. Because coconut oil tends to be solid at room temperature, it can be used to hold ingredients together, like crusts or crumbles, frosting, dark chocolate truffles, bars, and cookies. In most recipes coconut oil can replace butter in equal amounts.

20. vinzero6

vinzero6 Member

Coconut Oil Good for hair
    Coconut oil stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles. Coconut oil promotes the scalp health fighting against such problems as insect bites, lice and dandruff. Coconut oil adds luster, shine and softness to the hair. Coconut oil prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length.

Coconut oil Good for skin
    Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizer that is beneficial to restoring dry or flaking skin. ... The Vitamin E found in coconut oil soothes eczema, sunburn and psoriasis, and its antiviral and antifungal benefits even help to treat bug bites. Coconut oil contains 3 fatty acids: capric acid, lauric acid and caprylic acid.

Coconut oil Good for teeth
    Coconut oil attacks the harmful bacteria in your mouth. It can reduce plaque buildup, prevent tooth decay and fight gum disease. For these reasons, oil pulling or brushing your teeth with coconut oil can significantly improve oral and dental health.

21. lyz07

lyz07 Member

coconut oil is the best oil ever i use when i am massage my body i use this also in my hair, lips, eyebrows and eyelashes and to my face to removed make up and also to moisture my skin. and i put this also to my skin to make smooth coconut is very useful in our life. you get a vitamins also and if you have problem in your hair and your skin coconut oil can help you because this coconut have vitamins and nutrients to our skin and hail,

22. dennyserbia

dennyserbia New Member

Mum read somewhere on the internet about coconut oil. I was like no, we're not buying it at first, but she bought it either way. We put it on skin and some wrinkles at first and it make our skin appeared glowing. After that, I know this is weird, I started taking it with some tea, usually strawberry-yoghurt, and it tasted amazing. One more thing is cellulite-massage it with this oil and it can dissappear.

23. ljas

ljas New Member

I'm a fanatic of coconut oil.Coconut is also known to be the " Tree of life", from roots to it fruits, it very beneficial to our daily life and became part for our daily usage in my family. We use the coconut oil for my kids before they go to sleep.Massaging it to their body makes them feel relaxed and give them a smoothing effect upon sleeping. Also, we use coconut oil as part of my weekly hair treatment for a strong black hair. .so many uses and most important its fruits that makes our tummy full and happy!

24. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

Coconut oil is amazing. I had read that it has miraculous effects that it was also considered as a superfood for our body. I used coconut oil to my diet as healthy fats to boost testosterone. Not only this but I have seen that it can cleanse your colon. I am going to the bathroom 2-3 times after using coconut oil. It is also a good substitute to unhealthy cooking oils such as soybean oil, canola oil, sunflower oil etc.

25. jm32913

jm32913 New Member

Coconut oil is very nice, specially when it is using for massage

26. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

Coconut oil is amazing. I had read that it has miraculous effects that it was also considered as a superfood for our body. I used coconut oil to my diet as healthy fats to boost testosterone. Not only this but I have seen that it can cleanse your colon. I am going to the bathroom 2-3 times after using coconut oil. It is also a good substitute to unhealthy cooking oils such as soybean oil, canola oil, sunflower oil etc.

27. marselabelle

marselabelle New Member

I used virgin coconut oil as a body lotion i usually apply it at night before going to bed and i noticed a big difference on my skin.

28. Elsa77

Elsa77 Member

Coconut oil appears to have a direct suppressing effect on the chemicals responsible for inflammation. Studies show that, for example, coconut oil polyphenols play an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant role, reducing the effects of arthritis. Unlike anti-inflammatory drugs that most have side effects, including gastric disorders, coconut oil has no side effects.

Acute inflammation present in arthritis is responsible for the discomfort and redness that can be relieved by the anti-inflammatory effects of coconut oil. Massage the painful joint with a little coconut oil 1-2 times a day to reduce inflammation, but also use coconut oil internally for maximum effectiveness.

29. zae25

zae25 New Member

Coconut oil is a body-friendly foodstuff and that is heart-healthy, great for oral health and other health benefits like a boost in Good Cholesterol, Good for Blood Sugar and Diabetes Helps Stop Heart Disease and Blood Pressure.

30. Dijwar

Dijwar Member

Coconut oil is high in healthy saturated fats that have different effects than most other fats in your diet. These fats can boost fat burning and provide your body and brain with quick energy. They also raise thegood HDL cholesterol in your blood, which is linked to reduced heart disease risk.