Coding Bootcamps- Worth the Money?

Discussion in 'Web Development, Programming & Graphics' started by anishiji, May 19, 2017.

1. anishiji

anishiji New Member

I have recently found myself unemployed for a number of years due to health complications. Recently, my brother introduced me to the world of web development and design. I have been looking into local coding bootcamps where I could learn to be a web programmer. However, the initial cost of these programs is quite a shock! The cost of thousands of dollars to learn information that is so easily accessed on the internet for free?

Are coding bootcamps worth the money? What are your thoughts, opinions, and feelings?

2. R2B51

R2B51 New Member

Hello i think that since they have the coding bootcamp online for free then i would do that instead.. Plus that a good place to start and learn coding until you can save up for that great opportunity... Thanks and God Bless.

3. RafaelCF

RafaelCF New Member

I've been thinking a lot about it. I think they are worth it but your commitment and dedication should be beyond the limit.

I've been researching some in Canada and USA and would spend something like $ 9000 on a 3 month bootcamp. But then I met FreeCodeCamp and decided to take a chance. It is quite difficult and much more time consuming than a normal bootcamp but I recommend it.