Coffee or Tea?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by citrondoses, Jun 14, 2013.

1. yomna

yomna New Member

Tea is healthier, because I tend to put artificial cream to make it taste better. Green tea is tasty and healthy, and it doesn't need much sugar. I also like English tea with milk yum yum!

2. Catra

Catra New Member

I grew up in a coffee-loving family. Once I tried coffee as a child (with lots of milk and sugar), I was hooked. Smelling coffee grounds and beans is an equally satisfying experience. My mother also introduced me to chocolate-covered espresso beans, which thankfully have not gone out of style. Someday I hope to travel more and experience different kinds of coffee from all over the world.

3. DollyMi

DollyMi New Member

I'd rather have tea anytime. Nothing like a soothing cup of tea to wake me up in the morning. My favorite flavor is ginger tea and I cannot have enough of it! Coffee happens not so often as most of my family are tea drinkers anyway.

4. hsun

hsun New Member

If I have to make it myself, I prefer coffee. If I have the option to buy either, usually from Starbucks, then I equally like both and will choose which one based on what I'm feeling at the moment.

5. Naiko

Naiko New Member

I prefer tea. its no doubt that tea is much healthier than coffee, cause as far as I know tea cleanses the body and coffee? well Im not sure but it keeps me awake in the middle of the night, and I feel bad about it.

6. Ethan Ketner

Ethan Ketner New Member

Both coffee and tea are huge parts of my diet. I drink coffee typically in the morning as I get ready for the day. Coffee is proven to be great for the mind and body. Caffeine is a great way to boost your healthy and is very useful for me while I work out. Tea to me is more of a relaxing, later in the day drink. I also drink tea when I have a cold or just about any sickness. Tea is very soothing and comes in many great varieties. If I had to choose between the two, I would definitely have to go with coffee due to its kick and benefits.

7. GreenTea1

GreenTea1 New Member

I'm a sucker for Starbucks coffee but I drink Green Tea regularly for its antioxidant properties and other health benefits. Its weird because most people feel awake after having coffee but I get sleepy after a cup. That's another one of the main reasons why I don't drink much coffee.

8. Mindy

Mindy New Member

I drink coffee and tea. In the mornings, I drink coffee. Then sometimes during the week, I will drink tea. I especially drink when I am sick.

9. THE EXQUISITE

THE EXQUISITE Member

I love both coffee and tea and if I had to pick and choose I probably wouldn’t, because I love my coffee in the fall and winter months and my cold iced tea in the spring and hot summer months! I am still trying to figure out which one is better for you, because some surveys say coffee is good for you and some surveys say coffee is bad for you and then the same with tea some surveys says it’s good for you and some says it’s bad for you! I prefer not to pick and choose and just be happy and just don’t intake as much on either; just enough for my likings to say I had some!

10. emilychristine

emilychristine New Member

This one is a no-brainer. It is a decision I am almost certain I could easily make, even if I hadn't had my coffee yet.

I don't need caffeine to wake up. I need it like I need oxygen. I have a tendency to frighten Starbucks baristas as I gleefully request a quintuple shot of espresso in my venti macchiato.

As I sit here at 4:30 in the morning, typing this reply with one jittery hand and trying not to spill my fourth cup of ultra-caffeinated Death Wish Coffee Co. coffee all over my laptop with the other, I'm thinking that I probably need an intervention. All of you would have a more vivid idea of how much of the stuff is currently coursing through my veins if it weren't considered a grammatical faux pas to use multiple exclamation points after sentences, or to write an entire paragraph with caps lock enabled. I like my energy.

People often ask, "Isn't being hyper and jittery all the time a bad thing?" Not for me. Having energy keeps me motivated and focused on whatever I need to accomplish, which, in a way I don't entirely understand, calms me down. Coffee is the only thing strong enough to do that for me.

To play devil's advocate, if a nice warm cup of Monkey Picked Oolong boasted stimulant potency equivalent to a shot of Mind Tonic espresso, my tea-to-coffee ratio would likely balance out. In fact, one of my favorite beverages, the dirty chai, actually combines the two. Consisting of a chai latte with an added shot of (you guessed it) espresso, it's the delicious epitome of indecisiveness. One mix a day keeps my mornings at bay.

11. Ultravioletlife

Ultravioletlife New Member

I personally enjoy both, but my staple for energy is green tea. I find the burst of caffeine sustains me longer than coffee, which only last an hour or two before a crash. I find it easier to focus on the buzz that green tea provides. It's one of the best things to drink before a workout.

12. Ashley Hitchens

Ashley Hitchens New Member

I am a huge tea lover! I don't really enjoy the taste of coffee (unless it's paired with chocolate of course), plus it upsets my stomach. Tea on the other hand is wonderful. I can drink tea to wake myself up, or when I'm about to go to bed.

13. kbrad25

kbrad25 New Member

I like the taste of certain flavored coffee drinks, but I don't usually drink it because it upsets my stomach. I'm pretty sure it's a mix of the caffeine and the excess amount of sugar I have to add in order for it to be something I can drink without wanting to spit it out. I love tea though, it is great hot or cold and it is refreshing to me. I don't have to add as much sugar to be satisfied with the taste either, so that's a bonus!

14. 090208

090208 New Member

TEA!! For the obvious health benefits! I do not like coffee unless it has been made into a sweet cappuccino! Plus there a million different options to drinking different flavors of tea. ANNNDDDDD, there are even websites that can mix your ideal tea flavors!

15. Katherine C Maloney

Katherine C Maloney New Member

I would have to choose tea. I don't drink coffee, but on the rare occasions that I have, It makes me jittery and anxious. I like tea because the caffeine in it feels more subtle and not as big as a jolt. Also, I crash after drinking coffee which I don't after drinking tea. Another reason I prefer tea.

16. Renee B.

Renee B. New Member

I cannot exist without coffee. I use it to wake up in the morning. But interestingly enough, I use tea when I'm working. It does seem to clarify my mind, helps me concentrate, and makes working a little bit more enjoyable.

I also like that tea has more options. I can drink it at night to relax or drink it midday to wake up.

But coffee. Nothing beats that first cup in the morning.

17. hunny

hunny New Member

A difficult question the both are mine favourite it depends on the health of the person I prefare the tea

18. HDRyan

HDRyan New Member

Personally, I have never grown used to the flavor of coffee. As a teenager, I managed to drink a coffee that was flavored with Amaretto; however, I have not been able to do so since. I drink only tea now. I can manage the stronger teas from time to time, such as the Breakfast Teas, but I prefer black tea and chai tea.

I'm not sure why I have this aversion to coffee, both of my parents have drunk coffee as long as I can remember, and I believe my younger brother even does. I suppose it is not that big of a deal though, since I managed to find a husband who dislikes it as well! So, we have a Keurig machine simply for guests, my tea, and the occasional spiked Cider he likes to drink in the winter!

19. aj rathore

aj rathore New Member

I prefer a cup of herbal tea over coffee.tea provides as many disease-fighting flavonoids as fruits or vegetables.Tea leaves come from an evergreen plant called Camellia sinensis. The way the leaves are processed determines if they become black or green tea.

20. Danny Lake

Danny Lake New Member

Its Coffee all the time for me! I like to have Green Tea but that isn't what I always like to have. Coffee is my favorite beverage and I can have it all the time!

21. Marco Moreira

Marco Moreira New Member

It's wrong to choose one or the other. You drink coffe to wake up; you drink tea to feel comfortable or when you're sick. But I drink more coffee because it's addictive, tasty and readily available in my college campus (there's a machine in every corner).

Houdini likes this.
  22. ami krish

ami krish New Member

I have a habit to take both coffee and tea.But, i would like to take home made ginger tea prepared by me only. My husband also likes that too. In coffees, i like to have Starbucks coffee. It is the king in coffee makers. Coffee or tea whatever it may be it will give immediate relief from headaches, stress.

23. Kaycee

Kaycee New Member

I'm a big coffee drinker, but as of late I am trying to be more of a tea drinker. I feel with my goals and where I want to be by the end of the year, coffee is going to have to take a back seat. Plus I like to think that drinking tea is helping with my water intake!

24. Uvavo

Uvavo New Member

Tea. Most definitely tea. It has more health benefits than coffee and has much milder levels of caffeine than coffee.
    I prefer tea with Kenyan or Sri Lankan origin. These countries produce the best quality tea in the world. Bonus points if it is lemon tea.

25. Kamari Lewars-Smith

Kamari Lewars-Smith New Member

Tea is definitely the preference for me. I drink it when I have an ailment because it settles my stomach and cleanses my body. Coffee tastes too much like dirt in my opinion, whereas with tea you can have all different flavors and interesting scents.

26. Bobbie Buzzell

Bobbie Buzzell New Member

I recently went cold-turkey on coffee, but I still prefer tea. Herbal tea has so many health benefits. Although coffee still has antioxidants, regular tea drinking will far exceed the only benefit of coffee. With tea, you can drink it morning, day and night and have it still be good for you! Coffee can actually heighten symptoms of anxiety. I've watched many older people get very shaky from drinking too much coffee everyday for their entire life. Watching them struggle with simple tasks is enough reason for me to quit coffee altogether.

27. beth.loudon

beth.loudon New Member

Although a born British citizen, I have to say that I much prefer coffee. When I went to college I started drinking both coffee and tea - not so much for the sake of staying awake, but more so for the sake of being allowed to study in coffee shops. However, I always found that coffee gave me much more of a caffeine kick and energy for my day. That being said, if I am looking to wind down after a long day - tea is more my style!

28. RancidLemons

RancidLemons New Member

Coffee all the way. I cut out the cream and sugar to make it at least partially healthy. You just need to drink plenty of water with it.

29. Parvez Khan

Parvez Khan New Member

To some, espresso is a vital medication of sorts: a shocking fluid that fights away weakness, cerebral pains, and absence of inspiration. Alternately maybe you're a recuperating espresso fiend who has now swung to the alleviating assortments of tea to get an average caffeine fix, just without a bad case of nerves.

Obviously, espresso some of the time sounds more like a habit than a beverage that is beneficial for you, and this is maybe why tea gets the great notoriety of being more advantageous. However, is tea truly that vastly improved for you?

Beginnings

While tea is the most generally devoured drink on the planet beside water (and just before brew), espresso is additionally immensely prevalent. What's more, both beverages have been around for quite a while, to boot.

As indicated by legend, tea was initially found by the Emperor of China in 2737 BC while he was bubbling water under a tree. At the point when leaves coincidentally fell into the bubbling water, he tasted it and was amazed by its decency. Tea then got to be well known among researchers and clerics in China and Japan, who drank tea to stay alert, examine, and contemplate. This is maybe why the hot beverage has dependably been connected with care, quiet, most profound sense of being, and strong wellbeing.

Espresso, in the interim, didn't appear to show up until much later — and is accepted to have begun in the Ethiopian good countries, where legend says a goatherd named Kaldi saw his goats got to be hyperactive in the wake of eating certain berries from a tree. Espresso then spread to ministers at cloisters, where they drank the refreshment to keep them ready while asking. From that point, it started advancing over the Arabian Peninsula. Both espresso and tea stayed Eastern refreshments for quite a while; espresso didn't even touch base in Europe until the seventeenth century.

Advantages

Both espresso and tea have their advantages, however it's generally difficult to pinpoint precisely what those are because of the huge measure of opposing studies. Analysts have concentrated on particular potential advantages of espresso, with some studies finding that espresso may be able to decrease the frequency of dementia or Alzheimer's or even sort 2 diabetes, for instance. Espresso has a higher caffeine content than tea, which means its levels of the stimulant may individuals with asthma by unwinding the lung's aviation routes. Caffeine additionally helps in choking veins in the cerebrum and decreasing headaches, and regularly lightens aftereffects as a result of this. So in the event that you have a terrible cerebral pain, bringing some Advil with espresso and sustenance (and water) may bail you out.

Harvard School of Public Health broke down espresso's general impact on wellbeing and inferred that the drink was really nonpartisan — it didn't bring on any genuine wellbeing issues, yet it likewise didn't as a matter of course have any particular medical advantages, either. Notwithstanding drinking up to some espresso didn't seem to raise anybody's danger of biting the dust — yet it additionally didn't appear to make anybody live especially more. What this implies, basically, is that in case you're a stalwart espresso partner, you truly have nothing to stress over.

Tea, then again, is loaded with cell reinforcements and potential malignancy battling properties. As per the National Cancer Institute at the NIH, tea contains polyphenol mixes, which are cell reinforcements that may help in growth counteractive action. In spite of the fact that insufficient has been concentrated on to finish up whether tea does indeed diminish the danger of disease, tea has frequently been viewed as a restorative or therapeutic drink that has both calming and reviving qualities. A wide range of tea are produced using the leaves of the plant Camellia sinensis, which shrivel and oxidize in the wake of collecting; oxidation results in the separating of chemicals. The measure of oxidation that happens in the leaves is the thing that characterizes diverse sorts of teas, from dark tea to white tea, and obviously green tea. Polyphenols specifically are a gathering of plant chemicals that are accepted to be included in medical advantages — particularly in green tea. Teas with the most elevated amounts of polyphenols are generally blended hot teas as opposed to cool (and sugary) packaged teas. Polyphenols in green tea, and theaflavins and thearubigins in dark tea, contain free radicals that may shield cells from DNA harm.

Cons

Likewise with anything that contains caffeine, an abundant excess espresso and tea could bring about expanded uneasiness, tachycardia, heart palpitations, sleep deprivation, eagerness, and queasiness. High measures of unfiltered espresso, in the interim, has been connected to more elevated amounts of terrible cholesterol, LDL. Tea contains fluoride, keeping in mind this is useful for your dental wellbeing, a lot of it may build your danger of fragile bones and osteofluorosis. Certain tea mixes from China, India, or Sri Lanka have been found to contain aluminum and dangerous measures of lead, so where you get your tea is really critical.

To get directly to the point, in any case, you're in an ideal situation leaving the substantial cream and three packs of sugar out of your beverages — and quit agonizing over whether espresso trumps tea or the other way around. Both beverages have ambiguous cons and advantages, yet are, generally, really not too bad for you. A lot of sugar, then again, is an incredible scoundrel — so make the most of your caffeine and recollect to take your recesses or thoughtful tea breaks now and again; people have been doing it for a huge numb

30. Fiona Turner

Fiona Turner New Member

I must admit that I love drinking coffee. It gets me going and ready for the day. It is my little booster but I must confess I enjoy drinking my tea at nights.