Coffee or Tea?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Annabeth Grey, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Annabeth Grey

Annabeth Grey New Member

Both drinks have positive effects in our bodies but which of them do you prefer the most? Do you like your coffee black or creamy? What flavor of tea is your favorite?

Lucy25 and Karkar like this.
  2. asmithcwp002

asmithcwp002 New Member

I'm a tea drinker. I've never like coffee. When I was younger, I would drink black tea most of time. After traveling to China in 2005, I fell in love with green tea. My favorite is the Yogi Super Antioxidant green tea. I feel it help my system regulate. Lately, I've also been drinking sleepy time tea at night. The jury is still out on whether it actually helps.

Karkar likes this.
  3. Rohit77

Rohit77 New Member

Definitely coffee !!
    Coffee is the perfect beverage to start a day.It freshens the mind and body.I am totally addicted to coffee.

Coffee also keeps us attentive and more awake because it contains caffeine.Caffeine is know to keep brain awake.At the same time caffeine also has some harmful effects on health so it should not be consumed in excess quantity.
    Coffee is also the world's most widely consumed beverage.

4. Marla013

Marla013 New Member

I was a heavy coffee drinker before but a friend (a chemist) told me that coffee beans are processed using acid wash, literally. So unless I have fresh coffee beans that I would grind myself, I stick to green tea. I also drank green tea when I was trying to lose weight. However, I am anemic and there are recent studies on the negative effect of tea, specifically those with high amounts of anti-oxidants i.e. green tea, on the absorption of iron. When iron combines with the anti-oxidants (polyphenols), they create a large molecule that can no longer be absorbed by the small intestine, and ultimately, cannot be brought to the bloodstream. The effect - lower iron concentration in the blood, also known as iron deficiency anemia - is something I already have.

But I cannot really give up on the things I love, so what I do is drink tea hours before or after I take my iron supplement. I like my coffee brewed and black, and my tea green or oolong.

5. adamandindira22

adamandindira22 New Member

I love my coffee!! I must have my coffee first thing in the morning, and it has to be black. I especially love the dark roast kind so I tend to go for the Bustelo. I'm still in the search for other dark roast brands and have not found any other brand that I could fall in love with. The only time I drink tea is at night before bed because my husband got me into that.

6. adamandindira22

adamandindira22 New Member

I love my coffee!! I must have my coffee first thing in the morning, and it has to be black. I especially love the dark roast kind so I tend to go for the Bustelo. I'm still in the search for other dark roast brands and have not found any other brand that I could fall in love with. The only time I drink tea is at night before bed because my husband got me into that.

7. HealthExpert

HealthExpert New Member

I'm not addicted to coffee, but I do drink it. I drink it mostly when I have to pull an nighter in studying for an exam or doing an assignment last minute (oops!). I mostly drink tea because it is healthy and provides your body with a lot of benefits. I feel that tea also stains your teeth less than coffee, which is an obvious plus. There are different types of tea that I love such as green tea and orange pekoe. In the morning, I make iced tea to wake me up. At bed time, I drink warm tea to help me sleep. Let's just say that there is a tea for everything.

8. laurendkk

laurendkk New Member

I enjoy drinking both tea and coffee, but if I'm going to pick favorites, coffee definitely wins! Sometimes I go to sleep excited to wake up and have my morning cup (or multiple cups) of coffee. I usually like my coffee with just a splash of almond milk. It's delicious and wakes me up for the day. I don't crave tea like I crave coffee, but I do really love how many different kinds of tea there are. There is also something very satisfying about winding down with a nice, hot cup of herbal tea after dinner.

Karkar likes this.
  9. egarrett24

egarrett24 New Member

Give me a hot cup of tea anytime! I am a tea fanatic! A sporadic cup of java is permissible. However the caffeine is a bit much for my body so I always opt for tea, when it is available. Herbal teas are my favorite and are very healthful. Studies consistently prove that herbal teas have medicinal properties. Ginger is a popular herbal tea known to aid in digestion. Another herbal tea is chamomile, known for its calming and sedative effects. Coffee definitely has some benefits however tea will always be my favorite go-to drink.

Karkar and Mariah C like this.
  10. schmobo

schmobo New Member

It's apples and oranges, really. Coffee makes me very alert, and has a much broader, intense flavor profile that I can't get from tea. It also gives me some heavy bodily responses, like my heart rate going up. Tea is a lot more soothing, and calm. It doesn't affect my body that much, but does give me a noticeable perk in my thinking. It's also a lot more inert flavor wise. I prefer tea, unless I'm looking for the buzz that coffee can get me.

11. Janeandcharley

Janeandcharley New Member

I like coffee when I need a hit of caffeine. However I don't particularly like the taste so I have to put in so much cream and sugar that it surely loses any health benefits it might have given me. Depending on the flavor and my mood I will also drink tea. I am actually trying to drink it more often for the health benefits.

12. Aaron R

Aaron R New Member

Give me coffee all day every day over tea, but I do enjoy a good nighttime tea towards the end of the day to really put an end to things. I am pretty sure that I could not function without coffee though...it is just that good. Nothing crazy either, just straight black and piping hot makes me happy. Even the dollar stuff at the gas station works for me.

13. Tiffany Barrett

Tiffany Barrett New Member

I love both! I enjoy a great cup of coffee or espresso in the morning to start my day. I always have creamer and sugar in regular coffee. On days that I can treat myself I will indulge in an espresso beverage with milk such as a latte or macchiato from my favorite coffee spot. However, in the evenings I go for the tea. I like to wind down with a big mug of herbal or green tea sometimes with a fruity flavor like cherry or raspberry; I'll add lemon and honey for taste.

14. SGibson

SGibson New Member

I drink both, but coffee is my preference. I put a lot of milk in my coffee but no sugar, so it's not too unhealthy. My favorite tea is a ginger green tea, it's delicious!

15. Mrs Barrett

Mrs Barrett New Member

I love teas! I like to drink a mixture of green, oolong and Madagascar red roobis tea mixed with matcha tea powder three times per day seven days per week. I also enjoy a glass of bamboo tea (rich in silica). There are hundreds of different kinds of teas with excellent health benefits and most are very inexpensive. I never drink coffee and I have heard that it is not very good for you.

16. HoplessFish

HoplessFish New Member

If I drink coffee, it has to have an insane amount of cream and sugar, so I avoid it as often as possible. Tea is definitely one of my favorite drinks, since there's such a large variety and so many health benefits. I don't have to add anything into it to make it taste better, so that influences my opinion quite a bit.

LijahDehHumble likes this.
  17. Daniela

Daniela New Member

Hi Annabeth, I like both, but I only drink coffee in the morning and I make something similar to the Bulletproof Coffee. This is the first thing I do every day. And then I'm going to drink green tea at least twice a day. I prefer Matcha Green Tea and I drink it with honey made by my neighbour.

18. Malachi

Malachi New Member

I used to drink coffee but nowadays I only take tea. There was a time when I used to stay up all night almost every night and coffee was the perfect beverage to keep me warm during those long cold nights. As a replacement I only have tea late before going to sleep because the caffeine would ruin my sleep and I would wake up feeling like a used condom.

19. rajgopal

rajgopal New Member

I prefer coffee.

20. Gloria Johnson

Gloria Johnson New Member

I drink coffee and tea. My favorite, coffee of course. There is nothing like waking up to a fresh cup of coffee. I drink black coffee, which I love. When I first started drinking coffee I used lots of milk and sugar. It was more like I had coffee with my milk instead of the other way around. I am more conscious of my use of milk and sugar and have eliminated them from my coffee cup for more than 10 years now. I once considered not drinking coffee, and switching to dandelion tea, instead. The results were terrible. Dandelion tea is best after I have had my morning cup of coffee.

21. Thaim

Thaim New Member

Our body is building up a tolerance for caffeine real quick, so I decided to drink black coffee for 6 weeks, then switch to tea without caffeine for 6 weeks, then switch back coffee and repeat. This is a great way to still get the positive effect of coffee without having to increase the amount of coffee I drink.

22. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire New Member

I drink tea as well as coffee. However, when I am given a choice I will ask for coffee. Usually, I drink 4-5 cups of coffee in a day, more when I am sitting before on my computer. I love cappuccino, espresso and latte. In order to fulfill my coffee needs, I have grown a coffee plant in my backyard.

23. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire New Member

I drink tea as well as coffee. However, when I am given a choice I will ask for coffee. Usually, I drink 4-5 cups of coffee in a day, more when I am sitting before on my computer. I love cappuccino, espresso and latte. In order to fulfill my coffee needs, I have grown a coffee plant in my backyard.

24. momosan1

momosan1 New Member

Hello. I have always enjoyed both. For many years, I worked night shift in a hospital, so of course coffee quickly over threw tea as the drink of choice. But, as the years went on, I noticed my migraines, and heart murmur coming back.....things that occurred a few times a year were now occurring a few times a month! I am now pretty disciplined with my coffee. I allow myself 2 months of "real" coffee drinking. This includes "dirty" tea(tea w/coffee mixed together) The rest of the year is "clean" tea of various flavors. If I still have a coffee urge during my tea timeframe, I turn to "natural" coffee alternative like Teeccino. I use flavored creamer in all my drinks, and my favorite teas are Chai and London Fog(Earl Grey w/cream).

25. Anand A

Anand A New Member

Coffee while being expensive when compared to tea is very good for our health. It can give boost our energy levels if we drink coffee 30 minutes before going for workouts. on the other hand drinking tea doesnt have many good good effects when we compare it with coffee. Coffee is very good for our heart.

1 person likes this.
  26. MrsPie

MrsPie New Member

Coffee and tea are both delightful. I drink a cup of coffee with my husband everyday but only one. I add cold pressed virgin coconut oil ,raw sugar and dry powdered milk for creamer. The coconut oil is great for you and it makes the coffee taste very rich.Tea and coffee are very dehydrating to the body and should be taken in to account if you are a multi-cup coffee drinker. I love ice tea with lime. However when it comes to tea Matcha Green Tea hot or cold is one of my favorites as well as Chamomile.

1 person likes this.
  27. JOBETH790

JOBETH790 New Member

A good dark roast coffee with cream is my beverage of choice. Dark, but not bitter. If the grounds are bitter, a dash of salt when you brew it takes the bite out of it.

When I am out on a rainy day though, I might reach for a cup of tea to warm me up when I get home.

28. thewhistler8

thewhistler8 New Member

I love both coffee and tea, but for regular drinking I'd have to say tea. During the summer, when I have a lot of time off at home, I can drink up to 6 cups of tea a day no problem. I think tea is much more drinkable than coffee and I'm always in the mood for it. However, there are always those times when I'm in major need of energy and I would certainly reach for the coffee on those occasions.

29. Humble

Humble New Member

Maybe it's my British background talking, but I most definitely prefer tea. Somehow it is more soothing and there are so many more options as opposed to coffee. Not only that, but coffee tends to make me tired as opposed to waking me up. I have never reacted well with coffee and tea has just always seemed better in my opinion. In my life, I can probably count the amount of coffee I have had on one hand. Even with this opinion, I don't deny people who drink it, I just personally prefer not to. Tea resonates with me a lot more than coffee does.

1 person likes this.
  30. echalla

echalla New Member

I prefer tea without a doubt. It has a much more relaxing quality to it, especially green tea. And it's also highly nutritious. Green tea in particular has a very high concentration of antioxidants which helps in preventing cancer, heart disease, and has a multitude of other health benefits. Caffeine also is moderately addictive, so I try to avoid it as much as possible. I used to drink copious amounts of caffeine back in college in the form of both coffee and energy drinks, but in the last few years I've attempted to gradually reduce my intake of caffeine.

good_luck likes this.