Computer or Books?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by luvmemore00, Feb 22, 2018.

1. julian311

julian311 New Member

For me Computer,because using computers we can access almost anything we want to (through internet). It takes few seconds to get the meaning of a word in computer, whereas searching it in dictionary takes much more. Students find it boring to read from books, but computer isn't. Everyone can't find appropriate books for a particular article but by typing the required thing we can get the exact information about it.

2. zoren

zoren New Member

Book are better than computers because books you could carry any where and computers you can not you need to have internet.Books you can not charge and computers or lap top you have charge.Computers could give you headaches because of the constant light going strait to yours eyes.Computers will take along time doing a project because it will not give you the information that you want and books will not take along time because it could give you information and they are true

3. JM04

JM04 New Member

If we are to ask if which we want to use for reading, i'll go for books simply because it will not damage your eyes like computers do.

4. Ahall2018

Ahall2018 New Member

I personally would pick reading a book over computer because I grew up when we didn’t have computers yet.There’s just something about holding that book in your hand and reading your book. I have tried reading articles and books on the computer and to me it’s just not the same.

5. toyamber

toyamber New Member

If you ask me 15 years ago, I would choose books, because they are more accurate and easy access for me. I need not to pay a penny for it, because I can just go to the library, borrow and read. As to computers it is quite expensive back then and the accuracy is not the well. Today, due to innovation computer can do almost everything. All the informations can be found with just a few types and click in the button. But in some cases gathering information from the internet can be tricky, because you need a reputable reference. Going back, computer is easily accessibly because it is quite affordable and it can store datas, perhaps books and other information. Rather than carrying a lot of papers and book on your bag.

6. Marc Blazer

Marc Blazer New Member

Computer or books? For me I prefer using both. Computer, it is comfortable to use, and it is fast. In just a minutes or seconds you can get the answers of your assignments and any school activities. But it is too expensive if you use computers for your activities if you are a student. If you don’t own a computer then you must find a computer shop and pay per hour. If you own laptop then must also be connected to a wifi or you must load up your pocket wifi to make research using your laptop.
    Let’s talk about books, the advantages of books is that it is free to read. You can go to the nearest library at your hometown. Also books are free from any radiations so your eyes are safety if you use books.
    The disadvantages is that you need to read it manually and it takes time find the most accurate factual information that you needed.

7. Mark Meynard

Mark Meynard New Member

I believe computer wins it. For me, a computer contains already set of books. Just hit the google search bar and hundreds of information will popped up right before your eyes. Unlike books, you will have to search the inforamtion page by page. So it is time consuming. But not all information in the internet are correct. Some are fake. so if you want a precise but slow information, go to books. If you want a quick but not sure answers to your questions, go to the computer.

8. natta

natta Member

For me is computer

9. Aaron08

Aaron08 Member

If I were going to choose between computer and books, I would choose computer over books. Not because I am materialistic but I just want to say that computer makes the life of a person easier. See this, computer is already part of our lives. Theres a lot of things computer can do in an instant compared to books, just like researches, shopping, communicating from far places, etc. I am noy saying that books is not good enough to handle, I also use and read books and I am going to admit that book is good also but I am comparing theae two things so, I will going to choose computer.

10. Eboy1354

Eboy1354 New Member

Most people in the modern world will choose computer. I also prefer to choose computer. It is hassle free. Hassle free from finding that particular book. Compare to computer you will just only search the title of its book then there you go. Mostly of the books are in the computer already. You just only find and seach for it. According to school research, students choose computer to do their homework. Some people believe that books are more useful than computers. However, this research indicate that children and teenagers benefit from computer more than book. Therefore, schools should purchase computer rather tan compiling library because of two main reason: students can reach every information without spending waste time and they able to use computer when they do their homework.

11. dhozswun

dhozswun New Member

Both would be usable to some, because there are thing you can search up right away with the help of a computer but there are some things that are written in the book and maybe not yet searchable in the internet. And there are areas in the world that doesn't know how to access the computer so they might stick to books for references.

12. jhengb

jhengb New Member

I would choose computer. Because everything I want to know can be found in an instant. You don't need to browse turn pages to find what I'm looking for. Anything about what makes work easier is always our choice. This is an era where computer dominates for convenient.

13. anas saadi

anas saadi New Member

I think computer and books because we can use our computer to search different types of things but books can be a more reliable source to use than a computer because anybody can write somthing on computers but books are already written and you cant change them.

14. Ciari Byul

Ciari Byul New Member

i personally think this is a tie. all in all they're both decent source of information. they also have both pros and cons.
    google or computers have vast and almost endless sources of information and you can look up maps,videos,images,news and many more with computer. the sky is the limit. you can also filter what are the results the you need and throw away those that you don't need. but the down side is that you can only access to these source if have internet and wifi in the area, and actually not all of those website and pages are reliable, some are made out of pure opinion and not solid facts. some can be edited which can make the readers confused and more ignorant. also the high chance for younger people to gain access on rated websites is very high.

as for books. they hold those information that we can truly rely on that they are fact and were publish because of how helpfull they are. they hold also high class information that we cannot just post on the internet, like high classified historical or safety info that only a handful of people can access. but they can only have so much info that often times you need another book to answer what you're looking for. they are also bulky and sometimes hard to travel with. and doing research with books is very hard in my opinion.

15. Abel_Andolong

Abel_Andolong New Member

While i have an easy access over my Kobo e-reader, it comes handy when I am in a busy or hurry mode, where I could just glide through in between pages, however whenever I find myself in a relaxing mode or at the beach or whiling in staycation, a book becomes so personal and intimate and I could just savor my space in time over a glass of pina colada.
    I guess I could enjoy the best of technology could offer and the old school knitted in me at the same time.

16. Abel_Andolong

Abel_Andolong New Member

While i have an easy access over my Kobo e-reader, it comes handy when I am in a busy or hurry mode, where I could just glide through in between pages, however whenever I find myself in a relaxing mode or at the beach or whiling in staycation, a book becomes so personal and intimate and I could just savor my space in time over a glass of pina colada.
    I guess I could enjoy the best of technology could offer and the old school knitted in me at the same time.