Computer Viruses

Discussion in 'Computers' started by adnansapcanin, Aug 6, 2018.

1. adnansapcanin

adnansapcanin New Member

So I have been thinking about computer viruses. I know they can make a lot of harm like destroying servers and such to stealing money from people. I am curious about how they are made and why do people make them? What kind of knowledge do you need to have in order to do something like this? And btw which viruses have been most damaging through the history of computers?

2. armendarizgus1

armendarizgus1 New Member

Hello! First off I won't say how to create a virus because people could use that inofrmation in a bad way, but I will answer your other questions. First off virus are created becasue people code them. People create them because of 3 main reasons.

1 Make money : "Lots of viruses, malware, and spyware found on computers do not harm the computer all that much, other than slow it down. This malware is designed to capture information about the computer user and send it to the person or company responsible for making the malware. The information they collect is then used to target advertisements to your computer that you may be interested in viewing. These ads come in the form of e-mails and pop-ups on your computer.

If enough computers get infected, they can earn money from all the ads displayed. The more ads they send out, the more chances they have of getting people to buy something or visit the advertiser. Sometimes, all it takes is one virus or malware program to generate hundreds, or even thousands, of ads on your computer."

2 To steal information : Many people use viruses to steal information. They steal information such as credit cards, account names and passwords, and anything else they can find.

3 Because they can : Some people do it just becasuse they can. These people enjoy doing this, causing disorder, or just to prank or have a revenge on someone.

To answer your question about the worst viruses I suggest reading this article
    https://computer.howstuffworks.com/worst-computer-viruses.htm

Overall creating and spreading viruses is a criminal offense in most countries so I highly suggest that you don't create one, but being curious about them in general is fine, have a good day!

3. jeremiahogaga

jeremiahogaga Member

Virus are executable files (*.exe) just like any other programs created by hackers to steal vital informations from other people's PCs. They could be downloaded into your hard drive unknowingly when you check unsafe websites online. They mostly attack the operating system, sofwares and drivers on the PC since they are softwares. They have no effect on the hardware components. Hardwares only malfunctions when there is attack on the BIOS or drivers.

4. Jose8181

Jose8181 New Member

Virus are executable files (*.exe) just like any other programs created by hackers to steal vital informations from other people's PCs. They could be downloaded into your hard drive unknowingly when you check unsafe websites online. They mostly attack the operating system, sofwares and drivers on the PC since they are softwares. They have no effect on the hardware components. Hardwares only malfunctions when there is attack on the BIOS or drivers.

5. filipsimic26

filipsimic26 New Member

In my opinion viruses are made because of various reasons.People want to hack into other people's computer to get some information which they can exploit.I also believe that the people who make antivirus programs are the same ones that make the viruses because they want to earn money from selling antiviruses,they make viruses so people would want to buy antiviruses to stop viruses etc.

6. KillerSmile99

KillerSmile99 New Member

A computer virus is a type of malicious software that, when executed, replicates itself by modifying other computer programs and inserting its own code. When this replication succeeds, the affected areas are then said to be "infected" with a computer virus.