Content Writing Vs. Articles- What's Your Preference As A Freelancer?

Discussion in 'Freelance Writing Jobs' started by AshCo, Feb 26, 2019.

1. AshCo

AshCo New Member

I'm always curious when I talk with other freelancers which type of freelance writing is more appealing to them.

Do you prefer to write for content sites like Verblio, where you submit posts to companies and don't retain any credit or rights to what you've written? Sometimes content providing sites can give us writers a little more security in income than other options so I've definitely seen the appeal in putting in a larger amount of effort to that side of your writing career.

Personally I prefer to write for sites like Cracked.com or Screenrant, because I like being able to leave my name on what I write. The downside to this is that you aren't really promised anything. They can reject an article you've put a lot of time and effort into, and then you're just kind of left with nothing. I've had great experiences writing list based articles, which has turned out to be more fun than I originally had anticipated. I was kind of surprised to find out it's possible to write a list based article that still has engaging content and isn't just entirely composed of useless things the reader probably already knew.

So which do you prefer? I'm genuinely interested in seeing what everyone has to say.

2 people like this.
  2. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I would go with content writing. It is faster to do.

1 person likes this.
  3. alexgonzi

alexgonzi New Member

I would enjoy both content writing and articles. I presume content writing would involve a pre-existing subject while in articles, you will have the freedom to write your own subject of interest. Whatever it is, i believe that both will be OK as long as you enjoy writing and employ creativity, imagination, knowledge, energy and all the fun things writers enjoy.

4. Teachergeorge

Teachergeorge Member

Content writing is the most preferable assignment as it involves specific topic and payment is considerable. Several companies are coming up with training programs which is essential to a beginner.