Copy and Past

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Questlot, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Questlot

Questlot New Member

Is copying and pasting still illegal, when you attribute the post to the original owner?

2. claundici

claundici New Member

If a source is credited, it usually could fall under "fair use" case of law; but this depends a lot on the context. If you (plan to) earn any money from the content you pasted, and never alerted the creator of the original content, you are liable to be sued for any revenue you made and then some.

SerumSleeper likes this.
  3. SerumSleeper

SerumSleeper New Member

So basically, so long as you give credit where credit is due And don't stand to make a profit off of someone else's work, you're in the clear, generally, I'd say that should be rule of thumb number one, when it comes to copy and pasting. Thank you, for the question, and the clear and concise answer.

4. steveadam

steveadam New Member

For me, copy and past can't be illegal, as long as credit is given to who is due to. Judging from the music world today most of the song we here today are written by other song writer and is published by another artist entirely, not because they can't sing it, but they know they don't fit for all kind of songs.

So basically, as long as is on a mutual agreement with the original owner and the copy man here. It not illegal.

5. cashpesa

cashpesa New Member

copy pasting personally I consider it as a sharing elements the more you paste the more it reaches many people infact it should be given credit where due

6. tamss

tamss Member

I don't say I create. I copy, of course. I've never been interested in the point of view of the tailor or creator. Fashion is a visual impression. This is why I often refuse the name of fashion designer. It's a superficial, stupid job. The social-psychological aspect is more interesting.

7. Laura_Lala

Laura_Lala New Member

I think it's illegal. if you like a post, you can copy and paste but write the original author of the post.

8. lyz07

lyz07 Member

depends on the situation its illegal if you only copy and face if the owner don't know that you copy what she or he write and if its private that is too much illegal. legal in a way that you will onky get a idea and if the owner know that you will copy and paste what they write.

9. kakarot_72

kakarot_72 Member

You should always acknowledge the author because they have the intellectual rights.

10. jangomante

jangomante New Member

Considering copy pasting as illegal will depend on the article or ideas that you copy pasted. It will also depend as to what purposes or how you will use the articles or ideas you copied.
    For example, in the music industry, if you share a song in your blog for the purpose of entertainment of your followers then that will not be illegal. But if you use such song where you will generate money from it like using it in musical plays etc. then credits should be given to those who own the songs that you have used.

11. Nikko0209

Nikko0209 New Member

I guess it is but okay to copy and paste articles or some part of it if we just learn how to correctly give full credit to the person who wrote it. Plagiarism is really illegal and shameful. Maybe most of people here would agree that stealing something that they made really hurt. I guess borrowing is somewhat a lesser evil. Just give the proper account to the person who originally wrote the article.

12. Sidhartha

Sidhartha New Member

Copy and paste are commands in a computer user interface and are one method of transferring data from one location to another. Unlike cut and paste, which moves the contents to a new location, copy and paste creates a duplicate in the new location. Copy and paste enables simple data replication.