Could Science cure us of Death?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by sundarposts, Feb 24, 2019.

1. sundarposts

sundarposts New Member

I have come across many articles claiming that scientists are trying to find a cure for death. While I was laughing at this idea initially, it does not seem to be an unachievable task with the consistent advancement of science and technology. Do you think humans will find a cure for death and live forever at some point in time in the future?

2. Rejoyce

Rejoyce Member

No, we are meant to die. Though there are continuous advances in the technology nowadays and if someone will invent a medicine that can cure all kinds of diseases, our bodies will still deteriorate.

3. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Member

I don't think so. Even though science keeps on advancing, there will never be a cure for death since that's just the way life is. You can try and slow aging but we will all die inevitably. Who would want to live forever anyway? Eventually, I think it would get boring.

4. Coolsheen

Coolsheen New Member

I think Without a fundamental understanding of how biological organisms work on a molecular level, we're left to educated guesses on how to fix things that are breaking in the human body. Trying to cure disease without a full understanding of the underlying principles is like trying to travel to the moon without using Newton's laws of motion.

The reason we haven't cured death is because we don't really understand life.