Did Pubg surpass Dota 2?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by mabz, Aug 10, 2018.

1. mabz

mabz New Member

For over a decade I used to only play Dota 2 and I even imagine myself playing it for a lifetime. In my opinion, dota 2 is the number one game. It's brutal, its complex, it will push you to your limits. It's best suited for hardcore gamers. Dota 2 has been Steam's uncontested leader when it comes to consistent player base for years, now Pubg stole the first place, so I tried playing Pubg to see it my self what was the reason behind. Now, I'm addicted to playing Pubg.

2. SteelTarkus

SteelTarkus New Member

And Fortnite stole PUBG's place, lol.
    These massive genre trends come and go. First you had the Arena Shooter in the 90s, then the Military Shooter in the mid 2000s, then the MOBAs in the late 2000s, with the survival/crafting craze following it in the early 2010s, and now you have the Battle Royale craze with PUBG and Fortnite.

3. mikhailfami29

mikhailfami29 New Member

For me, Dota 2 is still the undisputed game right now. As a gamer, I played a lot of games for like forever. I never played a game like Dota(Frozen Throne/Warcraft). This game has millions of variations. There is no game that is alike, it always unique. And Dota 2 came and the game just skyrocketed.

This game will never grow old. This I think will get the number one spot again in the near future.

4. jowilliam

jowilliam New Member

Maybe the PUBG surpassed the Dota2 but it didn't last for a year. There are lot of games same with the concept of the PUBG, just like, ROS, Fortnite and others. But the Dota2 though there are games also with same concept, it remains number 1.