Did you still you type writer?

Discussion in 'Writing Digital Content' started by khian, Sep 5, 2018.

1. khian

khian Member

Definition of typewriter. 1 : a machine for writing in characters similar to those produced by printer's type by means of keyboard-operated types striking a ribbon to transfer ink or carbon impressions onto the paper.

2. dharwinjaen

dharwinjaen New Member

is this legit ? ahhaa

3. princessshane

princessshane New Member

Currently, I do not use my typewriter anymore. It's because most of the times, computerized documents are much more required rather than a document that was written through a typewriter.

4. Bernardo7894

Bernardo7894 New Member

There is simply no reason to use a typewriter these days. Using a keyboard to write a digital document is far easier, cheaper and has advantages over anything a typewriter could offer. I guess you do miss out on how they feel and sound, but I'd rather not have to worry about my typewritter jamming or running out of ink every so often.

5. foxprojects

foxprojects New Member

I've had a typewriter at home when I was younger, but I haven't used or even seen one in more than two decades. Other than for the nostalgia, there are very few reasons to use one these days. Using a computer is a lot more convenient.

6. BetteL29

BetteL29 New Member

I had one a few years ago, but honestly it is more of a pain than it is worth. Sometimes I am not in the mood to write from a computer, but when I feel that way I find writing by hand satisfying enough. Typewriters require a lot of upkeep and though they look and sound fun, there is just no real reason to use them at this point. I think they work best as decorative pieces these days.

7. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Sometimes. When my computer needs to be checked, I use one. The hard part about it is that you have to be very careful. When you make mistakes, you have to do it all over again. Still, it keeps you on your toes and you really focus on your work. It's better than not using one.