Difference between this generation's song than the 90's?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Meian19, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Meian19

Meian19 New Member

I think the there is alot of difference when it comes to the style of music. First, old songs focuses on the lyrics and what does it really want to tell about. While the songs of this millenium focuses on the beat with a minimal lyrics. I am a millenial but i'd think that 90' s songs are bettet because if you'll listen to them it is like it is telling you story. Most of the songs in the 90's can make you relate.
    On the other hand, most of the new songs are for party goers with a lot of beat, although the lyrics are also good but they emphasize the rhythm and beat.

2. micohatienza

micohatienza New Member

The difference is how music spread all over the world. Before we can only listen music using cassette tapes, disc jockey, Walkman and radio. But now we can search it in the internet. We just use cellphone, MP3 and Ipads. And there is Spotify that you can select million music. But way back 1970's to 1990's songs have a great message rather than today. The music today is more focus in beats and sounds.

3. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

For me is the clarity of the lyrics but not all them some does good music, now a days some of the new songs is really quite noisy compare to the old songs that really has the clarity when you listen to it. For some times I choose to listen to old songs to relax but when I want to celebrate for something I'll go for new songs like pop.