Do adults still watch cartoons?

Discussion in 'Television' started by erikakire191, Feb 18, 2014.

1. annatagas

annatagas New Member

I think adults still watch cartoons for some reasons. First would be if they have children who love cartoons then they don't have a choice but to watch it with them for parental guidance. Second maybe if that particular cartoon was their favorite when they were just kids then they may want to watch them again. Third, maybe if they can relate to story line of that cartoon then they may want to watch them.

2. ninotermulo

ninotermulo New Member

It depends. Because there are adults that did not watched any cartoons during their childhood days. So the tendency is that they will never really appreciate cartoons. On the other hand, there are adults that are so fanatic in watching cartoons. Take it from me as an example. When I was a child, I really really like cartoons. Like i will always watch cartoons during my free time and up until now, I never get bored watching cartoons. So my point here is that it always depends on certain type of person

1 person likes this.
  3. mithul

mithul Member

Yes,because cartoons express the real karmas and emotions in animated characters.So most of the adults do see the cartoons when they are stressed.

4. fairnlove82

fairnlove82 New Member

Yes adult must watch cartoons for mind relaxation and think about our past when we ware child and what kind of cartoons we ware watch. but now a days every thing is changed.

5. junick1206

junick1206 New Member

yes of course. even you get old cartoons is always the best

6. ewi102

ewi102 Member

yes especially the old cartoons because it gives us some memories about life in the past. some cartoons have some content that a children cant understand.

7. Chubalina

Chubalina New Member

Oh definitely, I'm an adult and I still watch cartoons. There are cartoons that are made for adult audiences like Rick and Morty, the Simpsons, Family Guy, and everything on Adult Swim. But sometimes, it's also nice to just watch silly kiddie cartoons, like Spongebob, and just relax.

8. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

All the answers hit the subject on the head. I am a 23 year old guy, turning 24 in a few months, and I still watch anime and cartoons every single day. Yes, I do, and I am happy about it. Does it make me socially inept? No. Why? Because I have a schedule for watching the shows. I don’t have the habit of binge watching the shows. An hour everyday is enough, ass I cover 3 episodes of an anime series. For example, right now, I am watching Samurai Champloo. I know, old anime, but its one the greatest anime out there, trust me. You must watch it. It has 26 episodes, and I watch 3–4 episodes ever...

9. Dorothy-5me5

Dorothy-5me5 Member

Yes, cartoons when I was young was geared to children only but as I grew the industry for adult stories written for cartoons so the whole family can enjoy and I do still enjoy a good dish of juicy delicious anime, manga and Studio Ghibli and so on.

10. Teachergeorge

Teachergeorge Member

Oh yes! Adults love cartoons. It makes a person to be funny, see humor in different situations. Personally i still love; "Tom and Jerry."

11. ctemple85

ctemple85 New Member

Of course i still watch cartoons. whats better to do after a long day of work than sit down and relax to some Teen Titans or The Simpsons. I can watch cartoon for hours, no adult out there should feel ashamed for watching something that brings them joy.

12. johnmichaelescalona

johnmichaelescalona New Member

I definitely watch sometimes when my niece watching cartoons in his favorite channel.
    I love to watch SPONGER BOB! heheh it reminds me my young days.
    the days that there is no responsibilities must to do unlike now im in 20's and start making my good future for me.
    Well, everythings change and always it'll be.

13. Aleona

Aleona Member

Yes, adults still watch cartoons. In fact, me and my whole family are solid fans of disney movies. We just love how they make stories, the plot twists, the characters, everything. Everytime we finish watching one, we're always left with awe. Aside from just for entertainment, they also put a lot of lessons in their films which makes it very suitable not just for kids, but also for adults.

14. gbricia123

gbricia123 New Member

i do hope watching cartoon even i am adult it makes me feel young

15. Ayhie

Ayhie Member

Yes, I watch cartoons with my children that's our bonding. Sometimes I cook snacks or pop corn while watching paw patrols and dawn of the croods and spongebob squarepants in netflix. It is so fun and also a stress reliever for me.

16. Littlegirl933

Littlegirl933 New Member

Adults still watch cartoons, I find this to be very normal. As long as they like it, they can watch it. Nobody bans adults from watching cartoons. Like me. I am 28 years old this year, the age that people think is grown up. But I still enjoyed watching cartoons. I wait everyday just to watch my favorite cartoon series. Even compared to dramas, I like watching cartoon more and more. People often laugh at me, when I watch cartoons, but that's okay, I don't mind, watch cartoons there is nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone has their own joys and interests. So no matter how old I am. I like, I just watch it.

17. kellymaxton

kellymaxton New Member

Adults have not stopped watching cartoons since the dawn of animated television. Of course, this is the case now more than it was back then. There are television networks who's demographic is mainly adults. Adult Swim, for example. Plenty of Comedy Central cartoons. Mad TV was a big contender. Adults are an evergreen demographic for animators, just like children.

18. uwuvois

uwuvois New Member

Hell yeah I still watch cartoons or anime(as some animation enthusiasts would call it) I even consider myself as a weeb. Which can mean I take my animations to heart. But then again with animation studios releasing shows left and right you can't expect all of it to of quality especially when new episodes and shows are released daily.

19. donjandex

donjandex New Member

Yes, When watching cartoons, adults aim to laugh, to relax and to avoid the stress that has daily life. Millions of adults around the globe are still watching cartoons, as it is the best way to avoid the stress of everyday life. This phenomenon is called "kidult" (kid+adult), which refers to adults who have habits of consumption of teenagers. Before, being a kidult was frowned upon, but now it's seen as something fun. Being an adult implies having responsibilities and sometimes it is good to watch a cartoon that entertains and make us laugh. In a cartoon, everything is possible, therefore everything is more fun.

20. DiDi20

DiDi20 New Member

I really feel like they do, some of them might not love it like they used to or just don't have the time to but I feel like they will watch cartoon. I am a young adult and I love watching cartoon, they just helps me to relax, laugh and just brighten up my day.:):rolling::love:

21. Celsojay

Celsojay New Member

Absolutely yes, it brings back to many memories and it's nostalgia, seeing your favourite cartoon when you was a child is awesome it's like bringing the younger you, fun excitement and enjoyment everything as a child when you don't have any worries in this world just to watch cartoons and enjoy life

22. bayinnah12

bayinnah12 New Member

I think we all want to return to that feeling of when we were young but there may be a few that don't want to remember. The cartoons that my son watches are alot different from what I did growing up in the 70's. We had cartoons that were "silly" but quite brutal. Shows like, Tom and Jerry! As I watch it now I realize just how sadistic it was. I believe kids now are more insightful, in tune socially and intellectually. Their cartoons reflect it. I myself like to watch what I watched as a kid especially when its updated for today. Its just amazing to see the changes a both good and bad. Im such a critic! Cartoons were made to laugh and not to cry. I'm telling myself that right now.

23. Vishnumayyanad

Vishnumayyanad New Member

I still loves to see the cartoons. It help to reduce our mental stress even if the cartoon are for kids.To a certain extent this is also benefits adults. Some adults think that watching cartoons at this age is a shame. So what they see and don't see is there individual interests

24. jendexayayra

jendexayayra New Member

Ever since I was a child, cartoons has been and will always be a part of me. In cartoons, you get to enjoy the fun and being funny at the same time. When you get older, it does not mean to say, you are prohibited from watching it. Actually, I think, it would be better to watch it more because you would remember your childhood memories and would feel young as well. And cartoons are very influential, they come with wisdom. It teaches us the good and the right way in a very entertaining way.

25. tdiaz003

tdiaz003 New Member

I believe that there is no age limit when it comes to watching cartoons. Sometimes I am indignant at the fact that there is still a stigma attached to adults watching cartoons. I am already 28 years old, and I still enjoy watching them as much as I did when I was a kid. My favorite animated shows when I was younger were SpongeBob SquarePants and Courage the Cowardly Dog, and I still watch some of the episodes when I get the chance. For me, it seems like the humor never gets old.

Besides, there are lots of television shows that are geared to adults, such as BoJack Horseman, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, and The Simpsons. Given the success of these shows, it is clear that adults still watch cartoons.

Apart from the adult television shows mentioned above, I also enjoy watching Japanese anime because it allows me to learn more about Japanese culture, which I am really interested in.

26. EeenJay

EeenJay New Member

Definitely yes! My childhood was full of "dramas heard on radio frequencies" because we don't have a TV set. But as a child who loves moving pictures, I was always envious of my neighborhood's television. So what i did most of the time is spying on my neighborhood's television and check if it's turned on to my favorite cartoons/anime channels.

And now as an adult, i am quite fortunate to acquire a flat screen television set. And nothing can stop me this time! I have a lot of episodes to catch up...

27. cfulton33

cfulton33 New Member

I personally do not regularly watch cartoons and am an adult. However, I do enjoy watching Southpark, a cartoon, on occasion. I also know many adults who watch cartoons. Some of their favorites are: Rick and Morty, Simpson’s, Bojack Horseman, Southpark, and Boondocks.

28. Anj1018

Anj1018 Member

re lessons in cartoons that is really good as a reminder sometimes to adults like me.

29. donald78

donald78 Member

I didn't stop watching cartoons since my childhood. That means, adults still watch cartoons around the globe. This is the best way to get out of stress in our everyday life. The characters in the cartoon show have a unique charm, which they influence the mind of the adults also. They can actually carry special messages and also provoke the viewer's to think and act. Those who watch cartoons can have entertainment, education, and relief from stress simultaneously.

30. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

As an adult yes. Somehow it catches my attention. A big thumbs up for all that is behind it.