Do I really need Social Media in business?

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by Esperanza Valderama, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Esperanza Valderama

Esperanza Valderama New Member

With the slow and painful death of traditional advertising, yes! Television, radio, and billboards were powerful once when it comes to advertisement. However, at some point, there was so much advertising that people became immune to it or don’t care about it. And so much for this, Social Media Marketing doesn't look like an ad. Social Media is, informational and entertaining channel and do the promotion as well.

All demographic profiles of the company’s target market are on social media. It is has a bigger reach than all popular TV channels combined. The most important is, Social media facilitates word-of-mouth marketing. People don't listen to companies; they are more likely listen to friends. So when they see a friend on Facebook "like" a company page, they are more inclined to believe that they really sell good products.

2. Fritz

Fritz New Member

Yes, I need social media. In order for my business to grow quickly, I need to be able to reach a wide target market as soon as possible. Without an active social media presence, your business is more likely to fail. In research studies, it shows nearly 9 out of 10 adults use social media. With social media, it’s easy to market your products/services to a large number of population. And not only that, a social medium allows you to reach out to more people; it even lets you determine the kind of demographic profile to whom you wish to market your business. By not tapping into the potential of social media, marketing yourself to potential customers become a lot more cumbersome.

THE EXQUISITE likes this.
  3. adamsmom

adamsmom New Member

It's not necessary but it's a big help nowadays to advertise your business in various social media sites.

4. avipascual1015

avipascual1015 New Member

I think social media is a good platform to advertise any businesses since a lot of people use it. You'll be able to showcase your products or services more plus you can do research as well to help you improve.

5. alfredamu

alfredamu New Member

Social media contributes a lot to marketing of any business today. This is because everyone out there uses Facebook, Twitter or other platform and there is no better way reaching them than forums where they spend most of their time.

6. jaclynkate0427

jaclynkate0427 New Member

Yes social media nowadays is very useful, and its the easy way when talking about marketing. Online marketing is very fast, you just have to post, share, and tag your family, friends, relatives. And most specially, you doesn't
    need to spend that much money, unlike before you need to advertise through radio, magazine, televisions for you to able reach your market, and it can costs you too much. Unlike now most of the people buy through online or by using Social Media.So for me, when you have a business you should consider Social Media as one of your marketing tool.

7. Yes in our generation, we keep using social media.It is one of the strategical manner in our business nowadays, It will immediately open up when someone likes it or share it. It really does answer their further question about your business, they will contact you urgently, they will see all the information about your business. More market will be known your business.

8. Syafiq Jahari

Syafiq Jahari New Member

25 years ago, I would proudly said 'Yes!'. Now, I feel obligated to hit you with a pitchfork if you say "No'. Social media took the world by storm while the traditional advertising only waiting for someone to bury their graves. My mom used to sell cookies from house to house and as the years goes by, this method is not relevant anymore. her sales dropped and in no way she is making money. Then, I made her a Facebook account to promote her business and voila! 5 Jar of cookies ordered in a mere 24 hours. This is but another example of how the social media are of the utmost importance in business, especially pertaining to promotions and advertisements. So, do you guys want a jar of cookies?

9. shack

shack New Member

Nowadays social media makes a significant impact on the development of business. It helps to gain valuable customer insights, increase brand awareness and loyalty, run targeted ads with real-time results, generate higher converting leads, provide rich customer experiences, increase website traffic and search ranking, find out what your competitors are doing, share content faster and easier, geotarget content, build relationships and do many other useful things

10. manstar

manstar New Member

Yes, aside from the mainstream media, it is the most powerful way to promote your business and it is a lot cheaper.

11. Rachellecd

Rachellecd New Member

Well some of us depending on our age were not born into social media and managed to survive just fine. The real question is if one in business does not use social media are they missing out on business? Social media is how people get the word out quickly about new products, announcements and services. It is how families and friends keep in contact and communicate. So, if you want to get the attention of many than it is a necessary entity. Let's face it people have replaced mailing information from physically to digitally. Overtime it has been shown that if you don't change and evolve with the times then you may cease to exist. This principle goes for business practices and other relationships as well. Since many people constantly have their face in their phones one would think that they could not live without social media. I would say this idea applies to the younger generations. In many cases it may be the only way to get their attention.

12. Rosamistika

Rosamistika New Member

Yes, of course we need Social Media to share and advertise our business. And this is the fastest way to reach out to people everywhere and all over the world. But we also need to be vigilant especially in times like this. We need to be wiser in order to let our business florish just like other businesses.

13. Maricris Dechavez

Maricris Dechavez New Member

Social Media is very much needed in promoting our business because it helps us to reach out to other people through advertisements using facebook, twitter, or instagram where we could post our products and everybody could see. By using these social medias not only we could talk to our clients through phone calls but as well as we could show it too through the use of video call like the Facebook Messenger and discuss to them about it. Social Media also helps us in gaining a lot of profit and not only making our products or our company well-known.

14. meaesteves878

meaesteves878 New Member

Social media is very powerful if you want to promote your business because most of the people are already into social media like facebook, instagram, twitter and whatsapp. You can easily connect with them through those websites. You can gain more followers and profits and your business will become known. There are a lot of possibilities when you use social media. All the impossible will become possible.

15. ellamcasi

ellamcasi New Member

In search of faster growth, more engagement and that elusive return on engagement, you've tried tactic after tactic and tool after tool but it's just not working the way you'd hoped. Tactics can be great. And tools can save you time. But if you lose sight of this one simple principle, it'll be all for naught: Social media at it's core is social. It's about real relationships with real people.

16. JiLaurelle87

JiLaurelle87 New Member

There are many ways that social media can impact conversions and help you increase sales. Social media helps get the word out. First and foremost — social media does, in fact, help get the word out about your business. But even more important than the exposure, it provides you with the opportunity to grow relationships with your target audience. You don’t need to be a dedicated reader of tech blogs or an expert in online marketing to know that social media is really popular among consumers.

As more social networks add algorithms that filter what users see in their news feeds, your organic content may get lost in the shuffle. Take advantage of the low-cost advertising features offered by the social networks to promote your content and special offers.

Most social media advertising is cheaper than traditional advertising, so you don’t have to spend a lot of money to reach more people, increase your audience, and grow your business.

Social media gives you the power to learn more about your audience, their interests, and collect feedback.

Ask your customers to share their thoughts, questions, and ideas to get to know them better. You can respond just as fast, without having to pick up the phone or worry the customer isn’t seeing your response.

17. kendyke

kendyke New Member

Social media is very important in any business today. When we compare digital marketing which is the use of social media in marketing and traditional marketing which relies on conventional means of marking, we discover that social media is important in any business. The use of social media in business is cost effective. Most of the social media cost nothing to set them up. With your computer and phones you can join social media and reach out to your clients. Social media in business helps you reach to a greater and wider audience which can help a business to grow.

18. Gail Laxa

Gail Laxa New Member

Social media is a need in business this generation. You can survey first before investing,you can ask before selling. In this case no money will waste.

19. Ailyn Talavera

Ailyn Talavera New Member

In today's generation social media has a big part in anything that we do. So for me its a big YES we need social media for our business, we can share everyone what's inside the business. Also we can save the cost of manpower, what I mean to say is instead of hiring a marketing person we can just use the social media as the business marketing site. There is so much thing we can in terms of marketing strategy.

20. tamss

tamss Member

We have come to understand that making money is not a linear process that happens slowly. Rather, making money is a process of using online alternatives, being aware of different possibilities and having the urge to use them practically. This mindset makes it possible to make money online from home or wherever you want by using your time and energy efficiently. It also reveals the key answer to our favorite question of making money, which is to act quickly and discover what Internet has to offer.

21. nanette-pxmB

nanette-pxmB Member

No matter what you sell and who you sell it to, using social media as a marketing tool can help you grow your brand and pad your wallet.

At this point in the game, not having an active social media presence is kind of like pulling out a flip phone at a business meeting and then not understanding why your boss keeps giving Brad all the new accounts.

22. nanette-pxmB

nanette-pxmB Member

You can also use social media as a tool for connecting with complementary, non-competing businesses, thought leaders and tastemakers in your space, as well as journalists who cover your industry. Sometimes, becoming besties starts with a simple retweet.

23. racethebar

racethebar New Member

Yes! Social Media is a powerful tool that every business can use to maximize its potential earnings. Considering that almost everyone from all ages and with different socioeconomic status are using the social media, its a good venue to advertise to the target audience of your business. Moreover, compared to the traditional media, Social Media is relatively cheap!

24. tahnieee

tahnieee Member

Yes. I feel that social media is a very big key in making or breaking a business in this day and time. If I am looking up what specific business to go to for any reasons I narrow down my options by many different things, but the first one being social media. Websites, Instagram, Facebook page, etc all influence my decision as a consumer and I am sure I am not the only person that thinks that way. Another reason why social media is so important if because it is used for advertising. If you make an account on just about any social media site, you will gain followers/friends or peak interest about your business.

25. GFlorce

GFlorce New Member

I think almost everyone uses social media or has social media accounts. With this, you can use this to your own advantage because your target customers can now be reached instantly without paying ad fees for tv and radio commercials. This new media will help your business be seen by anyone interested with your products and services. Also, you can just update your customers by letting them hit the like button of your page. Sounds convenient for a determined entrepreneur.

26. Davisho

Davisho Member

I say yes to social media in business, it's just the new day and age of promoting and getting new ways to do business and growing business. ti's always recommended that the way to find what any business is up to is to go online.

27. Couleskha

Couleskha New Member

I think it would be an error in judgement to say that your business would be even nearly as successful as it could be if you did use social media. People like to be related to, they like the option of seeing businesses on their level, they also like knowing that they can communicate with businesses in more convenient ways.
    The world has evolved technologically. Imagine if all you wanted to do was fax people and everyone unplugged their fax machines and only used their phones? At some point, you would be too far behind the times.
    Consider it a good thing; it's a doorway to communication that can only strengthen your business by really getting down to what people truly need/want from it.

28. This onething you need to remember people in social media is billions of people all over the world people uses social media if your business is to attract people of customer for your business then social media is a key to grow your business. Many businessman used social media to advertise thier business to get more customer. Like a big online shopping or famous blog and sites also used social media to grow thier visitor in thier sites social media have a big impact in business because its a place where billions of people enjoy in thier life. Choosing a social media to advertise your business is best strategy you chosen.

29. JoshFloress:/

JoshFloress:/ New Member

Yes, so that MORE PEOPLE will see what business do you have or what product/s do you sell and nowadays many people use social media for leisure and some others for business so why not use social media as a platform of early success.Many people or company has been successful by using social media platforms to introduce their company or product/s and it can also save you alot of money because instead of creating banners or posters that you will stick to walls just create a social media of your company or your product SHABANG! you have save alot of money from that and thats why I believe you really really need AF! social media accounts for your company or product/s.

30. dcjaybee@gmail.com

dcjaybee@gmail.com New Member

Yes, because nowadays social media is the best and fastest way to manage your businesses.