Do money will really makes you happy?

Discussion in 'Magazine Article Writing' started by Leirad, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Leirad

Leirad New Member

Do money will really makes you happy?

2. Xane911

Xane911 Member

We often revolve our lives on money. We can't live without money, we can't buy food without money, we can't dressed ourselves without money, we can't buy our own house without money. Money is one of our basic needs, but does it really makes us happy?

Well consider the aspect on how we use money. If we use money through gambling, the result will be addiction, more gambling and on the later part, you'll lose a bet and you'll have no money left. Experiencing these types of events will eventually make you dumb, useless and broke. On the other hand if you're capable using money or putting money to good use then for sure, you'll be happy. By good use I mean the idea of helping other people. There are many people that does not have money, or can be considered as financially disabled or poor. Got some extra cash? Why not buy the beggar at your street some foods or clothing. It will definitely give a smile on his/her face, and that smile can give a joy in your heart. Money is a blessing, you worked hard for it, why not share it because it is the right thing to do.

1 person likes this.
  3. antonToledo

antonToledo New Member

YES, money can make you really happy. I grew up in below poverty rate family when I was growing up money is always a problem even though my parent has a stable job it is still not enough my parent always fought with each other because of money issues and I had a rough childhood because of that. There are things money can't buy but most of the time we need money, cash! Every day we spend food clothes transportation fees and other expenses my point is money has a very important role in our life for it to be balanced and functional.

There is a study in a university the study says that for you to be financially happy you need to earn $75,000 per year. exceeding that amount doesn't have a gradual increase in your happiness. in short, The study says a person who is earning a $75,000 per year has the same or nearly the same happiness as a person who is earning $1,000,000 per year.

here is a link read it if you like.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/20/how-much-money-you-need-to-be-happy-according-to-wealth-experts.html

My final thought is that scientifically proven happiness increases correlation to wealth. Just think about it how can you help other people if you can't help your self? Money is not the root of evil money is nothing but a piece of paper it depends to the person using it. use your money to help others and spread the love.

4. Ric

Ric Member

Money is a necessity. When managed properly at any level it can bring you comfort. Money cannot bring you happiness. It can present a false feeling of contentedness when in abundance and things of essential value are sacrificed for it. If you do manage it right you can use it to impact someone else's life.

5. danok05

danok05 New Member

Money can't buy happiness but it could buy things that could satisfy us. Example: You can buy a house because of money but you can't buy a home. Indeed, money can't make us really happy.

6. anachoret

anachoret New Member

Money itself might not make make someone happy, but it has the side-effect of making many problems go away. It really is just the question of what kind of problem you have. Some can be solved with many, some can`t.

7. Elmae1976

Elmae1976 New Member

In my own opinion, yes money makes me happy because if I have money I can provide a good future to my family. I can give them a comfortable life. They can get what their hearts desired and their happiness was my happiness also.

8. danmike25

danmike25 New Member

Of course money can make people happy and that's not something new. It's simply very much answerable by a "Yes" or a "No" and probably the obvious answer would "Yes." And this leads me to think what the real question should be. I think it should be " Can money make me or my life complete?"

Obviously, if we do have money we can buy a lot of things, things that make life easier and could help us achieve what we want to achieve. We can somehow say that money is such a great tool in life. But if we look at it in a deeper sense, not all rich people are happy. They may have lots of cash look happy whenever we see them outwardly with all their riches, but what do we know when their alone in their room?. Having a lot of money doesn't guarantee exemption from problems nor is it a guarantee of a person's happiness. Money can never buy true happiness. And this is the kind of happiness that stays with you even when you're alone in your room having no worries, grief, anxiety, nor any concern. No matter how much people spend or invest their time and money on things they might think could make them happy, still there would always be a feeling of asking and craving from within continuously searching for "better things" just to make them happy and it is an unending cycle. It goes on and on until the person finds out that the longing for happiness and feeling of being complete and contented does not come from his/her purse.​

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 11:20 PM
  9. Elmae1976

Elmae1976 New Member

I was a mother of three, two boys and one girl. I believe that as long as we are together life is happiness but as soon as my children grows old I realized that I need to make sure of their future. They have a lot of needs from material things to tuition fees. Personally for me money makes me happy because it makes my children more secure in life. My children are my everything and I need money to fulfill their dreams in life. Mother does everything to make their children happy and if I have a lot of money I can buy their needs and provide to them properly. Of course I know that money is not everything in this world but still it was a biggest reason for us to be happy since if we are depress, we can just use it to divert our attention to other things like watching movies with our loved one and eat out with them. But I i know that we should not depend on money we also need to strengthen our faith.

10. elirose7890

elirose7890 New Member

Does money matter? Yes, but it depends on what you mean by “matter.” You may be more satisfied with your life if you have more money, but this doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be happier. Happiness and satisfaction are simply different things. Being in the upper echelon of the income distribution won’t necessarily put you in the upper echelon of the happiness distribution. But engaging in meaningful activities and surrounding yourself with engaging friends might go a long way toward getting you there.