DO NOT

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by Kelly Griffin, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Rochelle P Gablines

Rochelle P Gablines New Member

Dating online needs extra supervision and a tantamount precaution. You really dont know what might be the outcome be but you if you really wanna pursue and take risk on engaging a date via online and do an eyeball,just make sure you have a back up plan if something goes wrong that may be a peril on your life

2. Arthurks

Arthurks New Member

I am wary of online dating as I've heard of many disastrous events. I have heard of a few that appeared to have turned out well, but I think that those people were possibly so lonely that they would have accepted almost anyone, but that may my bias directing my thinking.
    I forced myself to get out to meet people when I was on my own in a strange place, and it has worked for me, even in countries where I didn't speak the language. There are people who just can't do that, and that must be a hard place to be, so perhaps, online dating is the best option for them.

3. simonborne

simonborne New Member

the best way to find something which is not fake is by taking time on it. if you want to hurry then online dating may cause harm to you. the reason being most of the cases we don't try to find out the original identity of the person i am dating with. and this sometimes lads us to any unfortunate circumstances. so take your time, go slow. dating will cause no harm.

4. Bruce Kelly Bronzal

Bruce Kelly Bronzal New Member

Just don't be angry and bring smile everyday and share moments to your happiness life and memories do you have.

5. Rob.Iraheta

Rob.Iraheta New Member

Online dating should be more simple and flexible than normal dating. You get to meet more people and don't have the barrier of nervousness of meeting them in person at first or dealing with all that in the beginning. You can select and pick the person you would actually date, or get plenty of dates and decide who you are staying with. State that you want no commitment or that you want full commitment. Never trust strangers! Obviously you have to take measures to ensure nothing is going to happen when it gets to the point to meet them in person. Go to a public, open space and hang out, a place other than his house or yours or an empty movie theater at 9am when it's dark and they can do about anything to know and no one would know.

6. ElGuapo123

ElGuapo123 New Member

Man, finding a partner over the internet is such a weird thing. Especially because everybody is trying their hardest too look different than they do in real life. All that make up, followed by angles, lightning and filters, you just cannot trust anyone. I'm not really about that life,sorry girls :D

7. DocWebster

DocWebster New Member

My ex met her soon to be latest ex on Plenty Of Fish. Word of warning, if they say they like to get high on life, there's usually alcohol or drugs helping things along

8. GrayOne

GrayOne New Member

People always want to put on a good face during the dating period, and online is a piece of cake to do just that. Who knows what anyone really looks like when they're online? All of the photos they post or what's sent to you could be fake -- or stolen from another person's webpage. You may not even be talking to the potential date. I know one person who hired a writer to chat with potential online dates. They were witty and clever online, while in real life they were not anything of the sort. So many films have that as a subplot -- impersonation of another.

It's a crazy world out there, and even though you might be disappointed with a date you met at work or through a mutual friend, at least you're sure that the person in front of you isn't a total fake or a crazy person.

9. ZLL

ZLL New Member

Do not assume a friend as a boyfriend. Many girls depend on thier emotions which brings disaster in the journey of thier life. Communicate guys with bounderies and soon he will realize your true worth. If he really likes you, nothing can keep him away. Don't let your actions be the reason why true love didn't exist. Be a type of girl who knows the rules how to treat a guy, so that every stage of love nourish your soul.

10. ammabee

ammabee New Member

Online dating is one of the dangerous type of dating. Why? because you don't really know what is the intentions of the person you're talking to. I would not recommend it to my friends and family members. If you really want to date online, just wait for the right time knowing him/her and it does not happen overnight.

11. Clemensau2

Clemensau2 New Member

I agree with recents comments about internet is a very scary place, specially if you don't know where to find out or most of times mislead your searching purpose. I am a happy married man and dad of three beautiful sons, I met my wife ten years ago by internet, so I think that my circumstances maybe and not at all may differ from others', giving it a chance interacting with people on dating sites trying to pursue spontaneity resulting in a person to person contact, perhaps if you are up to a long term relationship. Everything in life is a matter of attitude.

12. redwarriorist

redwarriorist New Member

Do Not? What is a pointless question but base in my reading in every post here. For online dating, the do's and don'ts are do not claiming to be someone that you are not. Always showed your true picture that you are. Always double check the profile that you're dating someone if there are many pictures uploaded in one person and the information of her/his profile is authentic and not fake. Of course, you put your best real picture so that he/she love at first sight on you :) . The important is do not put to all your personal details like your home address and your names of family members.

13. maryannborela1222

maryannborela1222 New Member

adaszgvbfcnjhgjnmhbmkjh

14. Angielashawn

Angielashawn New Member

I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with online dating. Of course you are going to always take risk and anything that you do so it's really your decision. I met my husband through online dating and we have been together for three years.

15. shantel733$

shantel733$ New Member

You can never be too cautious, not in this world. It pays to be careful you can bet your life on that fact. So many children and women gone missing, never found, found dead, raped, trafficked. It is a dangerous world out there, no matter where you are, who you are , your status or security level your life matter. you only get one be warned, be careful.
    Not to mention you can get your heart broken. All in love online, finally meet and you are not at all what he or she expected, everything changes.

16. SoloStratus

SoloStratus New Member

Just love yourself. It's safe.

17. mike37

mike37 New Member

Do not believe people on thier sweet words.Mostly people use that kind of tactics to get their interest.Be alert! use your brain to think in multiple times,use your heart to feel their intentions and use eyes to figure out.

18. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

Well it all depends on what extent we are are revealing our personal details and the way interact with the other person, also no matter how good the other person sounds, we should always keep an eye on them.

19. seyerelagsti

seyerelagsti New Member

I just noticed that majority of Online Dating Relationships are not that serious but some of them are successfully married and in love. It still depends on a person's preference but if you are trying to get into Online Dating, please be careful, do some research, open your mind not just your heart. It's like thinking before you click.

20. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I rather build a relationship with somebody face to face. I would like to know that person and interact with that person in the real world rather than on my phone or laptop. To literally see that person smile and hear that person's laugh in real life would warm my heart. It would be nice to take that person somewhere special to show how much you care. That is what I think.

21. Treveez

Treveez Member

through their social circles or work/school functions. However, these pools can be relatively shallow. In the search for a potential date, more and more people are switching to less traditional methods.

Online dating is really popular. Using the internet is really popular. A survey conducted in 2013 found that 77% of people considered it “very important” to have their smartphones with them at all times. With the rise of apps like Tinder (and the various copycat models), who could blame them? If you want to think about dating as a numbers game (and apparently many people do), you could probably swipe left/right between 10 to 100 times in the span of time that it would take you to interact with one potential date in ‘real life’.

With the popularity of sites like eHarmony, match.com, OkCupid and countless others, the stigma of online dating has diminished considerably in the last decade. According to the Pew Research Center, the overwhelming majority of Americans suggest that online dating is a good way to meet people. Online dating services are now the second most popular way to meet a partner.

22. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I rather go for the old style of dating where you really get to know the person both at their best and worse.

23. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

Do Not forget to smile everyday and thank God for the blessings that you have. Also, appreciate everything in your surroundings.

24. Jack96

Jack96 New Member

I think that online dating is getting more and more popular. I wouldn't say DO NOT. I would say be really cautious and don't be very trusty with people until you get to know them better. By this I mean, just date at open, public, safe places, at least until you get to know the person. I also wouldn't accept a ride home. I know plenty of people who have been online dating and have never had any issue. They have even found the "love of their life" and live happily together. So I would say that online dating works, but be really cautious. Do not assume that you can trust someone too quick.

25. Thesease

Thesease Member

I think the original poster is just basing it on her own experiences with regards to online dating. It can be scary going to online dating, mainly due to people trying to pretend to be someone they're not.

However, there are also success stories of people meeting online, and now they're living a life of happy marriage. Some of them even have kids now.

So, the take on online dating really depends on how it went on the individual giving his/her opinion. A person might say it is the best way to meet someone, while a person will say the opposite. It's all up to their experiences on the matter.

26. Akintoye01

Akintoye01 New Member

online dating should be embrace for those that lack self confident to woo a Lady

27. nadiia11

nadiia11 New Member

online dating is meaningless and a waste of time but actually nowadays when everything can happen tho i mean who knows!

28. Beerlover

Beerlover Member

The problem with online dating is the fake pictures. They think a Calvin Klein Underwear Super Model is showing up. Instead, they get me, which is 1000% times better.

29. Beerlover

Beerlover Member

Do you guys think this is the girl I am talking to on the dating website? She said the picture is 2-3 years old.

Attached Files: