Do Video Games Stress You Out?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by kervymestiola, Jan 3, 2019.

1. bbon1125

bbon1125 New Member

Hi,
    In my own opinion it depends on what kind of game you are playing. There's a lot of game out here who can relieve your stress. But if you abuse it and you are addicted to that game/s, it will add to your stress. Just enjoy it and it will help you relieve the stress.
    Thank you

2. ivanjudge

ivanjudge New Member

As a gamer, you cant remove the fact that sometimes you can get stress sometimes due to intense gaming.But most of the time playing video games is like listening music to me.It helps me escape from reality also.Whenever i have a problem in life or feeling sad, i don't hesitate to play games in order to relieve my sadness.In short, playing video games is my stress reliever most of the time.

3. jaykenth

jaykenth Member

If it is freaking hard! Dark Souls is the answer for me. I have known this game for a while and I know it is difficult but I like this game even I did not play it yet. I have liked it for a couple of years until I bought my own PC and install it. Man this game really is hard to play and I just realized that it is different from what I imagined.

4. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

Yes, video games stress me out sometimes. Mobile Legends and Dark Souls Series are driving me nuts sometimes. It is hard to carry a team full of newbies on a ranked game and if you lose the game, your star will diminish and it will take a long time to reach the upper tier division. They also holds me back from rising to the upper tier division. And Dark Souls also stresses me out for this is the hardest game that I play my whole life. But it is fine with me because I really want a challenging game for me and this game doesn't bore me. Dark Souls stress me out but I also love this game so much.

5. Fornari

Fornari New Member

It depends on the game. If I'm playing a game competitively, then I get stressed sometimes. If I'm playing a game for fun, it's a great stress reliever.

6. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I may get tired but not stressed out because I enjoy playing video games.

7. cozhart

cozhart New Member

It relieves me from stress in real life IF I get to win. If I lose often then I'll be as down as ever. So pick your games right and play your games better.

8. Carrillo62

Carrillo62 New Member

Video games shouldn’t stress you out. I mean they’re for entertainment. Unless you’re a professional gamer, I can why it would stress you out. It’s like you either do good in a tournament or you start until the other tourney comes around. But like I say video games are for entertainment.

9. LightPatch

LightPatch Member

Video games stress me out only when it becomes a feeling of being responsibility (for example, when there's a boss raid specific time and I need to be online.) but what if I am busy? It stresses me out.

10. benwriting123

benwriting123 New Member

Video games are a double-edged sword.

If I am playing against other human players I am stressed and competing.

On the other hand, when I play vs AI I actually enjoy the game and video games give me a break from reality.
    My video game time is "mine". When you are a husband and a father you do not have too much that you identify as "mine".

To boot, I get to interact with friends online while gaming.

So games can be stressful, but they can also be a huge stress relief.

11. angelogero

angelogero New Member

No its a stress reliever from all things it makes you forget your problems. And focusing on the game itself If your hobbies are playing games well rest assured that Games can make you relax and happy. There are some challenges in playing a game but its fun.

Playing games makes me feel alive because ever since i was a kid i loved playing games my first was gameboy and been playing a lot then switched to console games. Playstation 1 all the classic games like final fantasy.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  12. ymcfar

ymcfar New Member

I haven't gamed in years but I distinctly remember being 6 or 7 throwing a tantrum while playing a toy story game on playstation 1.

13. Kiyen96

Kiyen96 Member

I can say sometimes, love playing games so every time i'm playing i look always to win or i can say i't must end in my imagination but of course in playing games not every time you will win. that makes me stress.. hehehe i'm a competitive person so i prefer in winning. Just saying ^_^

14. Baggie

Baggie New Member

I think it can be both. Depends on the person who plays. If he/she takes the game serously? Than it can be a stress source. If he/she just playing with friends it can be a stress reliever.

15. Rinkukrksth

Rinkukrksth Member

Yes, I play video game when I play video game stress is out and is mind is active.

16. shermarie

shermarie New Member

This is a great question! I have been stressed out to tears by games when I couldn't beat a level. Sometimes it would make me angry and so frustrated. Depending on the game, they can be quite calming and a great escape from reality. Animal Crossing is/was (I haven't played in a while) always very calming for me.

17. pintado2001

pintado2001 New Member

No. But it pulls me in. Especially if there is a story to the game.

It would actually be a great stress reliever only if I can control myself from playing endlessly.

18. dindodc8888

dindodc8888 New Member

Yes, for me video games can cause stress, but the good kind. The kind you feel when you're facing an exciting challenge or playing sports, or reading a book that's so good you can't put it down. But in general, research shows that video games appear to reduce people's overall stress levels

19. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

Yes! Video games always test my patience and it's really frustrating to play games that I don't win. I'm short-tempered so video games is not really for me. I'd rather read a boring book and fall asleep instead of playing video games and get stressed all night long.

20. megie02

megie02 New Member

Yes its my stress reliever. Specially when i`m going back to my home from the work and so tired. Video game makes my tired gone. And when i`m alone nothing to speak. Video game make me happy. that`s why i considered playing video games is the best stress reliever..

21. ravac

ravac New Member

Not really, I'm very relaxed when it comes to gaming, offline gaming that is, but when there's more than one player, me, I tend to be a bit pissy, but not in an explicit manner, because I don't typically type in chat, like ever. What usually grinds my gears are repetitive and simple stages of the game which I fail for the slightest mistake, and people being outraged yet hypocritical can really get me going.

22. itsJD08

itsJD08 New Member

Yes video games stress me out specially when you're giving your best but suddenly your teammates don't the same it really is a stressful thing because in order for you to win you must give your focus in the game so you get emotional cause you feel connected to the game, so whenever you lose you will feel sad because your heart is in the game.

23. thegoddamntree

thegoddamntree New Member

It really depends on the kind of games you are playing; to me, gaming is a leisure activity, not a rest activity. Games I'm in to are Overwatch, Destiny 2, Path of Exile, MTG Arena, Warframe, and maybe the occasional indie game here or there.

It's fun to game. Frankly, I enjoy being competitive and winning games. Winning is fun. But IF I'm stressed out and tired out from work already, I wouldn't game. I'd take the time to rest, because I'm exhausted and need to recharge myself.