Do you also suffer from anxiety?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Shivam gupta, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Shivam gupta

Shivam gupta New Member

Hello everyone,
    In today's racing world,our health is also suffering.Mental illness is growing at its own pace.
    Do you also suffer from anxiety and depression which is affects your daily life?If yes then how do you cope up with these?

Jafet likes this.
  2. ftwblg0000

ftwblg0000 New Member

I have been suffering from anxiety for almost twenty years. Most of the members of my family suffer from anxiety also. I have this feeling of constant fear at times. I have had situations to where I have had to pull over to the side of the road just to catch my breath in times past also. Sometimes the fear is worst that at other times. I avoid large crowds because they trigger my episodes of anxiety. I have taken Ativan before, but Ativan seems to make the problem worse if you miss a dosage.

I have turned to herbal alternatives such as Valerian Root and Kava Kava. These herbs are pretty effective when it comes to dealing with anxiety. I have also found that B-Complex vitamins are also very effective in calming the nerves.
    I would suggest that anyone with anxiety try B-Complex vitamins in their daily routine.

Jafet and singularityxsoul like this.
  3. Shivam gupta

Shivam gupta New Member

Thank you for your valuable response..
    I have gone through stressful situations in past 4-5 years,earlier I only had anxiety but afterwards it accompanied with several illness as the time passed by like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Social phobia.It got worse without medication but now it's OK.I know its Genetic.My mind has learnt how to overcome.I am taking Clofranil SR since 2 years which helps me to control social anxiety.

4. Sally Day

Sally Day New Member

I have a diagnosed panic disorder as well as depression. I've had it for over half my life and there are days where I just take it in stride and work past it - I do deep breathing or I do something like go outside, change the scenery, change my mindset. Of course that doesn't work every day. I'm on medication, and that helps a lot as well to keep things steady. But there are days when I simply can not - absolutely can not - move forward. I feel like those days are like getting the flu or a stomach virus. I just have to let it wash over me for the amount of time it takes, and then I "wake up" a few days later and I'm better. I've learned that that is something that has to happen as well - and not to beat myself up over it.

5. Hedgers

Hedgers New Member

I have suffered with anxiety prior to a breakdown, I now take 10mg of Citalopram which is a small dose of a serotonin booster. I had a breakdown or as i now refer to it ... a breakthrough 12 months ago, it was caused through PTSD, with the help of a superb therapist I was able to see life in a totally different light. I can honestly say the breakthrough as been a complete turning point in my life and I am actually glad that it happened. Live in the moment.

6. tonimolly

tonimolly New Member

Anxiety and depression can be pretty disabling and affects your day to day living. Coping with this mental health problem whether through medication or not depends on the individual needs or situation. I'd sayif your just stress out and the problem isn't link to neurochemical imbalances stay out of the drugs because they come with side effects. Remember that anxiety if worst tpcan lead to panic attack can make you feel as if your going to die. Remember when you have this attack that its all in the mind and you will get through it, take a deep breath relax and think that this feeling will past and you will not die. When you are depress try to the hardest that you can to push yourself to do you day to day routine even if you don't feel like getting out of bed. Just get up, take a bath, clean, cook, eat. Most especially live in the moment, its your life, it's your choice to be happy. Be the person you want to be, don't let everyday stress of other people ruin you.

7. Clyde Gambrel

Clyde Gambrel New Member

Anxiety haunted me while I was growing up. Luckily those days are in the past. I had to do some reprogramming of my mind. Anxiety comes completely from within ones self. As a result we can control anxiety and over come it. One awesome tip I had was to never accept anxiety. Rename that excited can't set still feeling as being excited instead of nervousness for insistence. Don't accept that you have anxiety is the key. Let go of the idea that you have a problem and relax. Force yourself to look at life positively and things will change for you quickly.

8. chuckandrews

chuckandrews New Member

There is a lot of great advice in here! I struggle with anxiety, mostly related to social situations, and have found deep breathing and directed thoughts to be quite effective. Valerian root has helped me a lot with sleeping in the past. I will have to give that and B-vitamins a shot for general relaxation. One tool I have found to be very helpful recently is to always carry a small notebook and pen in my pocket. Whenever I am feeling stressed or anxious (or, ideally, more positive feelings like creative or inspired!) I can jot down thoughts related to the situation. Sometimes I will go back and read entries to try to identify what was causing the anxiety, but generally just getting the cyclical thought patterns out of my head and onto paper is the most effective step.

9. Until recently I never thought about how I cope with anxiety. One day I was talking to my therapist, because my husband insist that I have OCD, the topic got brought up. If I feel disorganized on the inside I obsessively organize everything around and everything has a pattern it has to be done in. I also paint, draw and write poetry if the mood strikes. Sometimes I just lay in bed and take a break from life for a moment. For as long as I can remember though my number one outlet has been singing.

10. singularityxsoul

singularityxsoul New Member

I've been trying to find good ways to cope with anxiety throughout my life. I've had mild periods and severe periods, it feels like a constantly fluctuating thing. I've found trying to be mindful of what is going on in my life during the periods of exacerbation to be very useful, like trying to find the root of a tree. If I see what's aggravating the feelings sometimes I can explore it in my mind and figure out what will best alleviate it. Of course, it takes practice and sometimes it feels like a three steps forward, two back scenario. Just being kind, understanding, and willing to go within yourself helps a lot.

Jafet likes this.
  11. Ronnele Reyes

Ronnele Reyes New Member

Anxiety is a normal reaction of people from different factors. I am experiencing anxiety in my everyday life because there are so many instances in my life that contribute to my anxiety. For instance, I am driving my car in going to school, while I am driving, I am anxious if I am driving in the right speed so that I will not get a speeding ticket. That is why, I think everyone on our planet is experiencing it in their everyday lives.

Jafet likes this.
  12. TNMoon

TNMoon New Member

I began having severe panic attacks when I was twenty-one years old. I had just gotten married and everything was fine until about the six-month mark. For whatever reason, I began to feel strange. I would have heart palpitations, feelings of disorientation, and a feeling of dread. I thought I had something wrong with my heart or a brain tumor. I went and had a complete medical exam and I was fine. The doctor mentioned anxiety, but I brushed it off because my sister's husband had it and my symptoms weren't like his.
    One night, in the middle of the night, my husband got up to use the restroom. I sat up and was going to say something to him when he came back to bed, but when he got back, something hit me. It was the most intense feeling of complete terror for no reason. My heart began to pound so loud I could hear it in my ears. I was sweating, my mouth was dry, I was trembling and I felt like I was underwater. I thought I was dying. I was crying and my husband held me all night. They (these spells) would come and go all night. At 6am, I called my sister. Her husband got me an appointment with his doctor, a psychiatrist, that very morning. The man came in on his day off.
    From that time on, I've had anxiety. I haven't had a full-blown attack since 2013, and I again thought I was going to die. I can only thank my family and doctors for their support. This is something you can't just get over. It's a disorder just like if someone had a stomach disorder. I urge everyone that is going through this to reach out to someone and get help. There are answers for everyone.

Jafet likes this.
  13. James Woakes

James Woakes New Member

Experiencing Anxiety disorder is like the sound of a train coming. Once it started to sound, it continues until you cannot hear anything but the sound of the train passing by. It covers you with fear and terror. Literally! Now I am coping to let those thoughts slide and will try to ignore them as much as possible. But there are times that it can easily control my mind.

Jafet likes this.
  14. Janae117

Janae117 New Member

Early on, I've experienced the troubles of anxiety. I've been through counseling, prescribed drugs, and so on. Nothing really stops the overwhelming feeling of constant fear, confusion, and indecisiveness. I've simply learned to deal with it. I often vent through watching videos, reading, or music so that I do not exactly have to feel for myself. I think depression often comes as a side to anxiety as you can often miss out on social events and opportunities depending on the severity. Panic attacks come occasionally. I realized that anxiety is something I have to face head on to conquer as it comes from within. I need to address the issues in my life for that. I believe one day it will be a thing of the past.

Jafet likes this.
  15. Quirah

Quirah New Member

I think a majority of the people on Earth have anxiety at some point in their life. Unfortunately, some people, like me, have to deal with it for a long time. Usually, it never goes away. I just recently had to be admitted into a mental health hospital, or behavioral health hospital as the nurses call it. My anxiety was terrible and I was having anxiety attacks while also being extremely depressed. In the hospital, I met a lot of girls who had anxiety, maybe 80% of the girls there. It's extremely common. At the end of the day, if you're having really bad anxiety you need to go see someone before it becomes worse. If I wouldn't have went to the hospital I wouldn't have got the help I needed or found out that I'm bipolar.

Jafet likes this.
  16. Cornelia Yonkova

Cornelia Yonkova New Member

To my great regret I suffer from anxiety. I have never had depression but my mental illness is called chronic fatigue syndrome and it is really distressing most of the time. Lorazepam is a good medication against anxiety but I myself prefer healthy diet. I avoid eating beef and pork or drinking full fat milk. In today's world many of us have mental disorders and the problem will be getting more serious, to our great regret.

17. QuinnEvans

QuinnEvans New Member

I've had it for a long time. I balance it with medications and diet now. I found that some of my panic attacks reduced when I stopped drinking milk with lactose; I was lactose intolerant, which spurred IBS and anxiety. Now that has healed and I'm on the way to fewer attacks all around.

JimLon likes this.
  18. Dnice237

Dnice237 New Member

To be honest, I have never been diagnosed with anxiety or depression but I definitely need to speak with a professional. It's hard for me to sleep because my mind is always racing and I hate my job. I was plagued with a slight depression after the failure of my business and I had to work for a boss again. It sucks a lot but I choose to have my sanity over a paycheck. Currently I am searching for opportunities in which I can work for myself and not be stuck in a cubicle all day.

19. AlexandraBodine

AlexandraBodine New Member

I do not suffer from anxiety, but I know several people that do. Some people feel anxiety is not a real medical condition. AFter seeing what it does to several of my friends, I feel it is very real and can cause serious health problems if not treated and dealt with as soon as possible. It puts stress on the heart and has even caused some of my friends' hair to fall out.

20. Sarah Mccurter

Sarah Mccurter New Member

I have suffered with depression and anxiety for many years. I have tried everything under the sun from anti-depressants to natural remedies, and I must say natural wins every time. I found that anti-depressants always caused more issues and never fully worked. I have been able to successfully manage with magnesium, calcium and meditation.

21. melissany

melissany New Member

My doctor prescribed me Wellbutrin XL and Aderall for depression and ADHD. It has truly helped with both. I began planning and cooking meals, exercising, and I have more motivation and I focus much better.

I highly recommend Wellbutrin XL. I used to suffer from major depression, but thanks to the Wellbutrin, my depression is almost nonexistent. Another great thing about it is I don't have any side effects. In the beginning, I lost my appetite and everything tasted bland. I was fine with that because I wanted to lose some weight, but thanks to my other medications my appetite came back. Darn! Maybe if you take it & want to lose weight you will get lucky as long as you don't take other medications to counteract it.

22. Chichi773

Chichi773 New Member

Yes. That is one of my hardest battles. I was diagnosed before with Hyperventilation because of my anxiety. It was so hard. That feeling when you feels like you cannot breath worsens your anxiety. I even collapse because of that.
    What I learned in the situation was, I must release everything that worries me. I realized that I cannot do it on my own and even the doctors because you must be the one to control yourself mentally and emotionally. But no matter how much I tried to get out from the situation, I really can't! So I prayed to the Lord Jesus and surrender all my worries and fears to Him. I served Him and learn to love Him everyday.
    He said "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10
    I feel like I am not alone. God is my partner, my strength and my greatest Hope from my every disappointments. God is my assurance. If you think you cannot change on your own, run to your God and He will not let you fight alone. :)

23. Chichi773

Chichi773 New Member

Yes. That is one of my hardest battles. I was diagnosed before with Hyperventilation because of my anxiety. It was so hard. That feeling when you feels like you cannot breath worsens your anxiety. I even collapse because of that.
    What I learned in the situation was, I must release everything that worries me. I realized that I cannot do it on my own and even the doctors because you must be the one to control yourself mentally and emotionally. But no matter how much I tried to get out from the situation, I really can't! So I prayed to the Lord Jesus and surrender all my worries and fears to Him. I served Him and learn to love Him everyday.
    He said "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10
    I feel like I am not alone. God is my partner, my strength and my greatest Hope from my every disappointments. God is my assurance. If you think you cannot change on your own, run to your God and He will not let you fight alone. :)

24. Rachelle1993

Rachelle1993 New Member

I suffer from anxiety and i have for a long time. I used to smoke marijuana but now I just grin and bear it. I refuse to take pills and I try my best to stay away from triggers. I hate it and it interferes with my daily life but these were the cards I was delt.

25. Kaitlynmau

Kaitlynmau New Member

In January of this year I had my first panic attack. It was awful. I had no clue what was happening and ran to the ER thinking I was having a stroke. After that incident I've had panic attacks at least once a week. I tried yoga to stop them, and it helped a little bit. I was under a lot of stress at school and I feel like I wasn't able to get a hold of my anxiety until I took a break. Summer vacation has really helped me relax. I'm seeing a therapist now and my doctor gave me anti- anxiety medicine. I've been feeling a lot better, but I know the biggest test will come when life starts getting hectic again!

26. Maria Hernandez

Maria Hernandez New Member

I manage both depression and anxiety. I go to the psychologist if I feel my situation is getting out of control, but most of the time I keep a journal to vent, I exercise, eat healthily and I'm trying meditation. There are ups and downs and some days it's hard to breathe and not stay paralyzed. I'm learning to snap out of it, by trying to pinpoint what is causing the anxiety and baby step my way out of it.

27. Maritzpm

Maritzpm New Member

I absolutely love this thread! Yes, I manage both depression and anxiety on a daily basis. While reading through the thread I've noticed some things that really made me smile:

• People who don't have anxiety simply has no idea what it is. It's nice to be somewhere that people understand. The mere though of 'I am not alone and I am not completely crazy and making these things up' helps, a lot! I wish the world, as a whole, would seek to understand rather than judge.
    • Have you noticed the positive use of words in general, in this thread? 'I manage..', 'I'm trying...', 'I've learned...' This is something I've learned very early on. I do not 'suffer' from any 'disorders'! I 'manage' my 'mental health' and I'm prepared to talk about it and share my experiences in order to help others.
    • Focusing on healthy habits and healthy living helps. :) I know a lot of people who hate going to the gym and prefer fast foods to healthy stuff. My genetics coded me to want a healthy life and to work hard for it. I want to do everything possible to prevent both anxiety and depression - I guess that gives me an advantage over those simply wanting to keep fit for the sake of it.
    Thank you guys for adding your bit to the discussion - you made my day better. And chins up! You are all doing a great job at managing your mental health. Keep up the great work.

28. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda New Member

Yeah, I have problems with anxiety. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it still pops up here and there. Before I used to have full blown panic attacks that always happened around 3 A.M. and they were usually triggered by certain thoughts that I had been obsessing about. Then they started happening during the day as well. I managed to get rid of these attacks with the help of a psychologist, but I have a theory that my anxiety takes different forms with time.

I was a hypochondriac for a while, then I obsessed over dying, now I have weird angry outbursts that come out of nowhere (usually when I'm stressed). I'm trying to modify my dieat and I'm thinking about taking up meditation. Oh, and exercising definitely helps! I think anxiety is something that I will have to learn to live with, unfortunately.

29. J N Morris

J N Morris New Member

After each child I had, my anxiety grew ten fold. I would feel as though my heart was going to explode right out of my chest. In fact, up to this day, I still get those panicked rushes that consume me. I've gotten better at learning to cope over the years. I had to learn the hard way that certain things simply do not agree with me. For example, I had to lay off of my caffeine consumption. I even tried meditation! The right combination of small tricks ended up working for me in the long run with bringing my anxiety down to a manageable place. I wish you the best because anxiety is certainly a terrifying experience!

30. Angel275

Angel275 New Member

I have been an anxious person my entire life. It is exhausting. People simply don't understand it unless they have experienced it themselves. I have tried medication, which helped for a bit because it numbed me. However, it got to the point that I was numb and not caring about anything. I also felt disconnected and withdrawn. I stopped taking my medication a couple of months ago and I definitely feel more clearheaded. I have been exercising, drinking more water, eating really healthy foods, and focusing on my family and hobbies. Overall, I feel really good. I know that not everyone can stop taking their meds and they can certainly be necessary to help us relax and focus on learning the essential strategies. I also know that at some point I might need to return to them! I am just feeling more peaceful right now and embracing it.