Do you also suffer from anxiety?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Shivam gupta, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Jimona

Jimona New Member

Anxiety is a normal depence mechanism for us humans. Every one of us have anxiety it only differ on how we cope on it. But anxiety for a long period of time is not normal that we need to consult a psychiarist and have some medication for you to help control your anxiety.

2. hengxin

hengxin New Member

I have been suffering from anxiety and depression since I was thirteen. It is a dark path that I didn't choose. It just came to me and I din't even realize that I have it until I started working. Life is really hard when you have it. It is hard to live a normal life. Sometimes I can't enjoy what other people enjoy doing. The worst of all is it mostly affects my job. Sometimes I can't focus and just want to quit. Sometimes I just want to disappear.

3. Phynley

Phynley New Member

I experience anxiety disorder before when my boyfriend and I had a long distance relationship. I felt sad and very lonely because I am not used to it. And there were problems that I need to face before like family problem, financial problem and I had a problem with my career too. So, one day I can feel palpitations, I cannot eat properly and I always over think.

I undergo medications and the doctor said that I need to relax and take a vacation first.

Anxiety is very hard but I know that people with Anxiety Disorder, they can overcome with that and can live a normal life again.

4. Nicole Davis

Nicole Davis New Member

True anxiety is horrible to live with. Many people do not truly have anxiety and cannot relate to what it's like walking into a room of people and having having hives all over your body, feeling slightly nauseated with a strong desire to run
    back to your car. Nothing will convince me that "everybody deals with this." After 40 years of it, I finally went to a psychiatrist and was prescribed Xanax for my anxiety. Now I deal with my family thinking I have a drug addiction because of the the stigma of Xanax and these types of drugs. But they truly have a place in medicine and my life has become 100 times better because of this drug and I am thankful for it everyday, it has given me my life back.

5. KenzoBL13

KenzoBL13 New Member

Hello Guys,

I hear your pain. I feel the same often.

The physical pain your anxiety is causing you is a problem that makes it difficult to live with, the best / almost only way to deal with it is your own mind.

Constant reassurance to yourself is absolutely necessary: "calm down, relax, deep breaths". Another method that has worked for me is to count 10 things around you and each one describe in details in your head or out loud. Its a distraction method that will relax you.

Just remember, Anxiety is the body's way of responding to being in danger. Adrenaline is rushed into our bloodstream to enable us to run away or fight. This happens whether the danger is real, or whether we believe the danger is there when actually there is none. It is the body's alarm and survival mechanism. Primitive man wouldn't have survived for long without this life-saving response. It works so well, that it often kicks in when it's not needed - when the danger is in our heads rather than in reality. We think we're in danger, so that's enough to trigger the system to go, go, go!

The more you know about anxiety, the more you can cope up with it.

You see?Worrying is like a nagging child disturbing their parents from work.I'm neither a psychiatrist nor a psychologist but believe me, talking about or sharing anxiety\panic attack experiences with someone who's experiencing the same symptoms will make you feel better.It will make you feel that you are not alone.

And one last thing, don't ever google your symptoms. Contact your GP for your symptoms because Google is not a doctor hence it will worsen your fear.

Hope this helps.

6. gelo0018

gelo0018 New Member

I don't know if I'm suffering from anxiety because last November I suddenly had a panic attacked which I believed it was a panic attacked since i haven't gone to a doctor yet. I felt cold and as if I'm going to had a heart attack from nowhere. I was really nervous that time and there was a voice in my mind saying that I will going to die soon that's the time I got really scared for two months. I think I got anxiety since I lived in a high rise building and I got paranoid that I will get trap if there's a fire emergency. For now I moved to my parents' house and never had an attack again probably because in my mind I'm safe and I'm with my family.

7. hermioneg

hermioneg New Member

I deal with a lot of anxiety. I get stressed about the smallest things and am always so aware of the future. It's really hard to sleep because of it. I've always been an anxious person but it's gotten really bad lately, as I've started school again. The added pressure of having to do well and making sure I have time for everything is a lot. There hasn't been a moment where I haven't been stressed in the past year (and to be clear I very much associate stress and my anxiety; the stress comes from my anxiety).

As for how I cope with it... I suppose I don't. I ignore it when I can but when I can't I actively try to turn the negative anxious emotions into motivation. It doesn't always work, and when it doesn't I feel even worse, but when it does it can be very positive.

I guess I also try to have a balance - go to the gym, hang out with friends, etc. That helps, but only temporarily.

8. RavZxD

RavZxD New Member

I already suffered from an anxiety , It was due to the girl I really loves the most. I'm not good at girls but I can make a great effort and every time I share it to my friends , I have taste in romantic stuff but I always doubt my capability because I have never really tried to impress a girl with such great effort. But, I fall in love and I lost myself , I become who I'm not. I become a romantic poetic guy, I give her letters, Texting her long messages with all my heart inside it. I really do love her that it made me cry at night. I don't really understand girls logic but she is showing some clues that she's taking a chance on me. Yes, I noticed it but I'm doubting my self that I'm not good enough and I'm afraid of how I can express myself to her family and friends. That it start making negative thoughts in my mind, My friend told me that I'm being foolish that the girl I love is just making fun of me. I read their conversation between my friend and the girl I love. And their I was hurt that she already love someone and also she hated me, she's also scared of me. I texted her saying I will now stopped texting her because I'm worried that she's scared of me and she already love someone. It feels heavy in the head, full of negative thoughts running in my mind. I can't even share it to my classmates, only those friends who are closes to me. Thinking foolish of myself, the "What If's", doubting myself as a person, not trusting myself again, Thinking I'm the most stupid on earth, Thinking why would you leave her if you love her?.. All of those are running in my mind, I can't get it out in my head. And every time we meet, awkward situations created and I always blame myself for not doing anything, I wanted to say sorry and give her something as a proof. One time, we meet in a church and sat beside her. She cried and I wanted talk about us but I just let her cry trying to comfort her with my handkerchief. I don't know what to say and it makes sad of being like this not letting a single word comes out in my mouth. I was struggling with my anxiety where I can't make my activities at school, I can't my projects, I can't focus on everything and I'm just lying in my bed with full of thoughts. And now, I'm fine now because I only cried and cried until it's over. It was an overwhelming feeling I felt and also a experience in life. Just let it out to remove the anxiety by crying or sleep for a day or weeks without going outside. Reborn yourself again like as you were ready again to step outside the world. Even though I still like her, I will continue living and someday I'll be back again.

9. Krizzy

Krizzy New Member

Separation anxiety I guess. With my boss before, she calls it "Sepanx". I do understand that people come and go, but of course, you can't help but to feel sad if someone dear to you has left. I sometimes think that maybe it would be much better for me to distance myself from people, though I know to myself that it would be impossible.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  10. sereee

sereee New Member

I suffer from anxiety and I'm seeing a psychologist to try and overcome this. Main recommendations have been doing exercise, eating healthy and vitamin supplements. I'm still a work-in-progress but I can feel myself getting better day after day.

11. eevieway

eevieway New Member

I do struggle with anxiety and depression. I have some medication and some therapy over the years. It was hard for me to come to terms with my diagnosis because I did not feel like I was so severe that it was obvious, so I always second guessed myself. It was a difficult time, but I have learned a lot about myself. I am able to understand and recognize what triggers my anxiety. I still struggle from time to time, but I feel like that it is an ongoing experience that is just something that I have to moderate. I have found that talking with people who are willing to try and understand me and are willing to listen helps. I also find that I like to help others in a similar situation. I also think that my foundations in my religion have also helped me.

12. edisonnicart

edisonnicart New Member

I admit that i have a big deal of anxiety issues in the past and it makes me feel a weak person. It's like sucking all the life out of me like you're in your own reality and the world you live in dictates your every move. Having this condition for me is like having gift and a curse, why? because the fact that sometimes in your mind you can read peoples thoughts and sense their intentions. Basically what I'm implying here is we should not take this situation lightly because people with that kind of conditions is delicate and sensitive enough to take suggestions indifferently that leads sometimes to panic attacks or if worse suicidal.
    But thankfully I overcome my anxiety with my family and friends supported me and understand me for what I'm going through. So for people suffering from anxiety just seek the comfort of family and friends or just simply talk to someone that understands you because informing your side of the story to somebody uplifts your burden and eventually provides a different views in life.

13. Cranel1309

Cranel1309 New Member

I have experiencing anxiety when there tmare too much crowd or crowded especially in a close room. The feeling is like having a hand struggling you making you stop breathing. I usually be able to dissipate it by going out of the open and walk of being breathless. This is exhausting but you cannot stop it. It just keeps on sneaking up on you and sometimes you just want tobe alone. I personally do think alone this lets me reflect on what happened, what triggered it, and how can I prevent it (if possible). In the end there is God that will always there to guide and make you believe in yourself that you can do it, tha you are strong.

14. gci19

gci19 New Member

The idea about anxiety or depression is very interesting yet people usually neglected it. I suffered from a depression for 4 years now, due to a stressful work. The Doctor said that I have to be medicated for three years. And a miracle happened, it took me only 9 months in taking medicines. How do I cope with it?
    1. I accepted the fact that I was sick and have to undergo medications.
    2. My family and friends had supported me.
    3. I look up to God and surrendered everything in His hands.

15. wackojacko

wackojacko New Member

I've had anxiety since the age of 12. I didn't know that it was anxiety back then, it was just a very uncomfortable feeling in my chest. Now I've been evaluated and it is anxiety. Personally, anxiety is brought on by noise and uncomfortable sexual situations for me. Therapy has been helping me a lot, and I'm excited to try meditation.

16. billwaf1

billwaf1 New Member

First and foremost am glad that am not alone. This condition is depriving me my comfort, sleep and a stable state of mind. There are some sensation happening on my head I can't fully comprehend. Sometimes I feel like there's a pulse on my brain, there is also vasodilation of the the veins in my head sometimes. I get really worried because I feel like I will not live long or collapse the next minute. How I wish I could get rid of this condition permanently. All in all despite the uncontrollable worries I continue to be hopeful that I will get better. I think anxiety is a problem that should seriously be addressed because some people end up being depressed.

17. gelouborlasa

gelouborlasa New Member

I'm sure that there have been an instance in someone else's life where they have felt anxious. Anxiety comes in different ways. What you felt while waiting for the results of a college entrace examination that you have applied for is already an anxiety.

Anxiety disorder, on the other hand, is quite different. I am actually suffering from anxiety disorder as well depression. I've declined taking prescribed antidepressants as I don't want to be dependent on them. I've resorted to daily trips to a psychiatrist for psychotherapy sessions. And I've start feeling even better then. Although, there were still days when I'm feeling detached from the physical world, apathetic to what was happening around me. But, I've gradually learned how to handle it. One of the most effective things that I do is to accept it. I've come to accept that as someone suffering from this illness, there will always be an instance where I will again be succumbing and be crippled by depression and panic attacks, and I shouldn't blame my self for it, as I already have enough guilt to last me a lifetime. We have to learn to forgive ourselves too from all of the guilt that's been weighing us down. And lastly, I always look forward to the time where these episodes will stop, and I'm allowed to be happy and motivated again.

18. joanarc321

joanarc321 Member

I have been suffering anxiety for almost all my life. I felt very depressed, frustrated and even experienced self pity. It is really very horrible, having experience such things sometimes make me realize that it is only me who can actually overcome my anxiety. So little by little, I learned to accept every thing, my weakness, my flaws. I always thought that everyone has its own flaws. Everyone does mistake. Those times in my life were the darkest nightmare I don't want to go back to it.

19. bach26

bach26 New Member

· If you've experienced these symptoms most days for more than six months, and they cause distress in your daily life, then you may receive a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder. Other types of anxiety disorders include separation anxiety, panic disorder, or phobias, among others.

20. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

The last four years was tough for me. I had a lot a lot of problems and so many people let me down. I woke up and slept with anxiety as a result. I felt like a sword was above my head and knife was at my throat. I really felt like the walls were closing in on me.

21. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

No i do not suffer.

22. ginaneriza

ginaneriza New Member

When my first daughter was born it was really a hard time for me on how to be a great mom, I struggle so much to adopt to motherhood I experience PPD, but because I have faith in God he help me to overcome it and enjoy a wonderful gift that he gave me and that's my beautiful daughter.

23. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

No i do not suffer.

24. mvillere

mvillere New Member

I struggle with anxiety from time to time. My brain loves to imagine all of the worst possible case scenarios going into a situation. I try to keep my anxiety at bay by practicing meditation. Clearing one's mind at least once a day helps to process the events of the day.

25. JesReen

JesReen Member

I believe all of us atleast experience or often experience anxiety. Maybe because we think that we aren’t good enough. Maybe because we think that we are lacking. There are times that we can feel that way and it’s something that we meed to overcome. Anxiety is not hood for the health and only causes you stress. When we feel anxious on something, try to talk to your loved ones amd share with them your anxieties or overcome it by yourself. It’s not good for us to linger with it