Do you always respond to your texts?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by Mindy, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Mindy

Mindy New Member

We all have busy lives. I know of a few people who got angry because I didn't respond to their texts all the time. They would text me twenty times a day or more about nothing, so I stopped responding. When they got angry, I stopped having anything to do with some of them when the boundaries I put up didn't work. Does anyone else have problems like this?

2. argoburn

argoburn New Member

I reply all of the time and I have also same issue but the side is different ,I will be replying ;see you later some other day','bye' makes them more angry .Sometimes I will feel like I should not be replying and paying attention to such things.

3. emilychristine

emilychristine New Member

I'm guilty of not texting people back. Often I'll see a text when I'm busy at work and make a mental note to check my messages later. However, I get distracted very easily as I'm diagnosed with ADD, and many times, I simply forget to reply to messages from earlier. A lot of people have become annoyed at me for doing this in the past, or worse, they assume I'm angry or don't want to talk to them. If they text me again when I'm available in that moment to reply, I always do, but I simply don't have the time to constantly be checking my phone all day.

4. sirlost

sirlost New Member

I don't respond to texts all the time. I don't completely ignore people all the time either. I look at texting as a passive form of communication so I'll respond when I have time. Also, sometimes i just don't feel like talking to people. I am a bit of a hypocrite though, because if I text someone I expect them to reply right away.

5. Mi Mi

Mi Mi New Member

Yes, I respond to all of my text messages, eventually. There are times when someone might text me and a response is not needed right away or the messages was just not important to me; therefore I will make a note inside my head to respond later. I have to admit, I am guilty, there have been many times when I just completely forget to respond until the next day!

Just the other day I had a friend text me very early in the morning and I had not even gotten out of bed yet. I remember reading the message and after I read it I put my phone right back down and went right back to sleep. I decided that I would respond back to her on my way to work and did not remember to do it. Needless to say, before I knew it the day was over and I ended up responding back to her the next morning.

I might not respond to all of my messages right away, but I will definitely respond at some point!

6. allyallen

allyallen New Member

SO I have 23 unread text messages at this time, so no. HOWEVER, I absolutely hate when people do not reply to a question. I always reply to direct questions because it's rude not to. So many people my age (22) don't respond unless you beg them. I know people complain about the rule technology has over our lives but this is our generation and we need to adapt to these tricky societal expectations. Because texting is an accepted for of communication on the same level as email (and possible calls) and should be respected. I've ended a romantic relationship because of this! Don't let this happen to you! Reply to people when a reply is warranted!

7. Mally

Mally New Member

I have a very bad habit of clicking on a message and not really reading it but just seeing it and I also tend to click and read but forget to respond.
    I really wish I could be that person that would respond no matter what but it just doesn't happen for me.

8. Nicole Cudeiro

Nicole Cudeiro New Member

When I receive messages I usually read them, but I only respond if necessary.

9. totalchaos58

totalchaos58 New Member

I always reply to my texts. I have read receipts set up, and I know how it feels for someone to have read your message and then take their time to respond. If I wanted to wait for a response I would email or snail mail.

10. My best friend and I text every single day because she lives a few hours away from me and she understands if I can't text her right back. She knows that I have a son who needs my constant attention and that he comes first. Now on the other hand if my husband texts me and I can't respond right away he gets annoyed, I always tell him to just call me if he ever needs to talk. I don't carry my phone around with me everywhere so if he called I would hear the ringer and go grab my phone.

11. anarodrig98

anarodrig98 New Member

I never respond to text, unless it's my best friend. I really don't mean to not respond, but i just get distracted and simply forget, except when it comes to my best friend. We always have the best conversations and with other people, the convo just turns into small talk.

12. Baylee

Baylee New Member

I don't always respond to text. It depends who is texting me and what it is about. I always read my texts, but sometimes they don't need a reply. I often respond in my head and forget to actually text back. Sometimes I go hours thinking a friend never responded to me when in reality I had forgotten they texted back. I think it is much more time efficient and proficient to call because messages and meanings can be misunderstood through text due to the lack of non-verbal communication.

13. Jaliah

Jaliah New Member

I try to reply to text, but sometimes I will hold off if I'm in the middle of something and then I forget the text was ever sent. I also won't reply immediately if I need some time to think about how to reply--and then that runs the danger of me forgetting to text back, as well! Most of my friends have text conversations to some degree or another, so if I didn't text back at all we'd never talk, period.

14. cannedtuna

cannedtuna New Member

I try to respond to all of my texts eventually, but it doesn't always work out that way. I don't always respond right away - whether it's because I'm preoccupied with something else or because I just don't feel like talking at the moment - but I do try to get back to everyone when I can or when I feel like it. However, sometimes I will forget to reply to a text if I look at it but don't respond right away. And, of course, there are some situations in which I simply don't feel the need to reply (for a variety of reasons). However, if a text seems urgent, I will do my best to respond as soon as I see it.

15. Duckbrador

Duckbrador New Member

I tend to reply to a text message either if it needs an answer or if I have something to say in a reply. If somebody sends me a text inviting me to something, I'll respond because that person needs to know whether or not I'll be there. I hate when people reply to texts with LOL or smiley faces, so I won't respond that way. If a conversation is finished, I see no need to respond and I don't think the sender expects a response.

There is the odd time where I misread a text that I need to respond to. Usually if if that happens, or they are concerned that I didn't receive a text message I should have responded to, that person will follow up with another text. That's when I'll realize I've made a mistake and make sure to respond.

16. Teresa Smith

Teresa Smith New Member

I don't really care to text very often. There are two very good reasons for this. A) I used to have an addiction to texting and driving. It was a horrible addiction. I am now an avid supporter of the no cellular use while driving rule. I despise it. I found out the hard way and got into my first car accident while playing on my phone. My child was with me. It could have been so much worse. Lucky for us, it was just a "fender bender" and no physical harm was done to either of us drivers or my Daughter.

B) I absolutely can not remember to respond to texts. I will be in mid-text conversation with someone and put my phone aside. Three hours later, I pick it up, plan to respond to the text and then get side-tracked all over again.

Oopsies!

17. UCFKnightSteve

UCFKnightSteve New Member

I always respond to text messages that I receive, even if that response is something as simple as, "busy ttyl." It is common courtesy to acknowledge receipt of a message from someone.

Not responding to text messages is a trend I've noticed with my children. I don't live with them, and, so, texting is the main way I can communicate and stay in touch with them. I am constantly hearing the excuse from them that they did not feel it was necessary to respond no matter how many times I tell them I would appreciate a response.

Due to the fact that I find it annoying when I do not get a response to messages that I send, I always make it a point to respond to ones that I receive.