Do you believe in prayers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jilibido, Apr 28, 2019.

1. jilibido

jilibido Member

How do you pray? Have you experienced having your prayers answered?

2. Nytstalkerabby

Nytstalkerabby New Member

Prayers yes they do affect you if you made prayers to a living Man God

3. hlabajosa1966

hlabajosa1966 Member

YES, I believe in Prayers it is a way to communicate with GOD. Prayer is an honest way to talk to the LORD especially coming from your heart then worries will be free and GOD will guide you always.

4. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

Yes, God answers out prayers. Remember, when you don't get your prayer, it doesn't mean God doesn't answer them. There are times tgat God has to say no to us because He has bigger plans form us. But it doesn't mean that we have to stop praying and just wait for His grand plans. You also have to remember that the door will not open if you don't knock. Seek and you will find.

1 person likes this.
  5. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Yes I do. They have helped me get through the bad times. I give thanks to the Lord for the blessings that He has given me. I pray for certain things and ask that He guide us and stay with us as we make our way through life. Believe and have faith and everything else will follow.

6. veronica lucob

veronica lucob New Member

How can we believe in prayers when we don't have someone to pray to? When we believe in God, we have unlimited access to Him through prayers. Prayers draw us nearer to the One who is an Amazing, Magnificent God worthy of praise.
    #watch this: God is indescribable!!!!

7. MikeyB

MikeyB Member

As a non-believer of any religion I consider prayer as a placebo. It only makes one feel good about oneself, but not the circumstances one is praying for, nor the one who is being prayed on.

Statistically, praying is a hit-and-miss routine. You can always put it to the test and try it. Try gathering a million faithful believers together into a giant prayer circle. Have them all pray together in <insert-your-god-or-gods-here> name that it cures every case of cancer on the planet tomorrow. Pray sincerely, knowing that when your god/s answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify that/those god/s and help millions of people in remarkable ways.

Will it be answered?

Take note: If your prayer fails and you put an explanation that that divine being/s works in mysterious ways, just demonstrated itself as a failure. If it is, or they are, real. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    1 person likes this.
  8. alexgonzi

alexgonzi New Member

Prayers are true especially if it is done with all sincerity and truthfulness. I have experienced problems which was solved through prayers. I was skeptical before as a carefree man but experienced some real future threatening problems that seemed unsolvable at the time but it was "miraculously" solved to what i sincerely believe was supernatural intervention. Just keep the faith and all will be answered in the right time. Because God's timing is perfect.

2 people like this.
  9. MikeyB

MikeyB Member

I doubt. I've seen a lot of family members and friends who are all so sincere and truthful in their efforts to ask for intercession in anything when they pray, and I'm pretty sure they are.

what's the statistical results?

I have count 17 of them from immediate family members alone. 10 didn't work, 5 worked, the remaining 2, let's say the "answered prayers" are just partial.

Are they not sincere enough? Like I said, I observed them and I am pretty sure they are "sincere and truthful" in their prayers.

Again, it's a hit-and-miss roulette. If it worked, you may well say it's a "miracle" and "god Bless". Otherwise, the believers still have a euphemistic way of explaining it: "God works/answers in mysterious ways/have other plans".

One prayed for a cure for cancer. One luckily survived. The other pray-overed fellow died anyway. So what's so mysterious about it? The other is more favoured than the other? There was 'another' plan for the other - maybe the plan was to get that person to die ;-).

One more thing, if everything already HAS a "plan" - then what are you praying about? Certainly if that divine power exists and has a defined sked in his plans, he definitely won't let you ruin his plans with a 10-cent prayer book, Let alone disrupt his perfect 'timing'.

Think about it.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. kirbycorpin02

kirbycorpin02 Member

upload_2019-5-18_19-20-20.jpeg

Whatever I ask for in prayer, I believe. It gives meaning in our life because God is always on our side. He gives us love, faith, hope and strength and comforts us when we need it. Prayer reminds us that we are not in control and keeps us close to the one who is above and greater than us. I believe in prayer because it is the best way to draw strength from heaven.

I believe in the power of prayer. I have no doubt that God has answered all my prayers. I pray because he allows me to wake up and to see another day. No matter what others may think or say, I will pray. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24

1 person likes this.
  11. MikeyB

MikeyB Member

I don't pray but whatever it is, as long as I work hard for it, I get it. Not 100% all the time. Maybe, 99% ;-).

I wake up and still see another day, even without praying. I just believe that I have or will receive it, and gets it.

No problem at all for people who pray.

Since you believe in it, go!

Just saying that you still need to work for it to get it. Just like the rest who doesn't believe. And still gets what they want. Most of the time. ;-)

1 person likes this.
  12. AprilDeOcampo

AprilDeOcampo New Member

Yes, prayers do work. You just have just take a leap of faith and trust Him. I had a lot of answered prayers. Most of the time, I am overwhelmed because He answers my prayers just in time when I need it. Just be patient, He will not forsake nor harm you. Worrying doesn't help, instead divert your effort and time to prayers.

Pray until something happens. God bless you.

1 person likes this.
  13. Kurty

Kurty New Member

Very interesting question because it is the first time that I am not asked "Do you believe in God." Yes i believe in prayers as a way to talk about our worries, dreams and failure but I still prefer to believe in myself.

14. Yes I believed in prayer as I believed in Jesus. Prayers can make the impossible to possible. Have faith and everything is possible.

15. kumarsunil123

kumarsunil123 Member

Yes. I believe in players. it is very good question whom ask this. I like MS Dhoni is the best player. He is good player in India. Indian players are good and play very well and defeat another team.When Indian players win the match, I joy and happy. Players do play and hard work and play honestly. So, I like players and believe in.

16. MikeyB

MikeyB Member

How about people who believe in prayers because they believe in Krishna/Buddha/Confucius/Allah/Thor/Zeus/Hercules/Baal/Belzeebub/etc.

Anyone? ;) Only Yours is Right .jpg

17. jilibido

jilibido Member

I, for one, do believe in prayers. Recently, God has answered some of my requests. His answers, at first glance, seem to be so broad and senseless - but when you think back on how you asked for his help, soon you'd realize the profoundness of His answers which could make your jaw drop out of amazement! God feels my yearnings and my eagerness and I know that's one thing no human being can fake, and when He feels that from you, He immediately answers your questions if He knows that you are worthy and able to receive it.

18. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

Yes of course i believe in prayer. Specially now that my mom just died last month. My faith un GOD din not chane and i became more faithful to him.
    Prayer also is the only way i think that i can talk to my mom. For me it is the way to communicate in heavea whether it is the saints, God, od tour died love ones.
    Though some on my prayers did not happen the way i want it to be. But Gods way and i really believe in that.

19. vanessadespe

vanessadespe New Member

YES! I believe in prayers! Prayers made our faith strong like a metal. In my experience and faith God answer our prayers in three different ways. It was by telling this three specific answer while you are praying. It was telling you to wait, yes and no. If God telling to WAIT, just WAIT! and your prayers will solve in the right time. When God says YES definitely it was answered prayers. When NO, it was a BIG NO and you must to accept it, because God planning your life in very best way.

20. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

Prayers can move montains. I keep praying everyday, giving thanks to God, coz He give us authority to anything top Him, sometimes the answer is No,coz God has a better things or plan for you, sometimes Yes, coz you deserve to have it, and sometimes Wait, coz it is not the right time. keep praying everyday we do not know the time of our death.

21. petersfavgirl

petersfavgirl New Member

I’ve been a Christian my whole life and wittiness most prayers get answered According to God’s will.

22. phoedom

phoedom New Member

YES! I do believe in prayers. Prayer is an expression of mankind’s unity and relationship of
    love with God. It is also an expression of mankind’s affirmation
    of and participation in God’s purposes. Prayer is the involvement
    of one’s whole self with God.

23. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

I do believe in prayers. Speak to him with all your heart, and he will answer your prayer. Trust the lord, and let him do his job to have your prayers answered.

24. CherryMae1821

CherryMae1821 New Member

I believe in prayer ! To pray with the Lord means I believe in you. Just talk to him and tell him all your burden and suffering. Have faith on his plan. There are miracle when you believe.

25. vlmrspns

vlmrspns New Member

Prayers are the most powerful weapon an individual must be equipped.

26. Raykeep

Raykeep New Member

Yes I believe in prayers because prayers works for me, prayers is the communication between human being and divinity (God), the Holy bible says pray without ceasing, this means prayer has got power in it. No matter the religion of a person there is always a super being that one believes and pray to.

27. yetyet

yetyet Member

Yes, I believe in prayer. It's through prayer where I can say things that I want to say to my maker and not to others. Through prayers I can be the person that I want to be. Through prayers all the hatred I have slowly lessen. Life may turns us up side down but we should not forget that there is someone out there watching us that knows what's really inside our heart. As He said that our journey may not be easy but rest assured that He is always be our company simply means as long as we acknowledge Him through our prayers everything will be fine and nothing to worry about. Prayers move mountain just believe in it, just have faith and pray and He will provide.

28. kumarsunil123

kumarsunil123 Member

Yes, I believe in prayer because it provide peace in our life. I pray to " God" and i believe in Budha and Krishna. Someone who pray to God and God give free gift to the prayer. We have unlimited access to reach God if we pray to God honestly. God is everywhere and live inside the creature.

29. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

Yes. And you should believe in it too

30. raiwenkai

raiwenkai New Member

Yes I do believe in prayers but I also believe that you must work in everything you want and then pray for it.. sometimes we prayed but we don't get it it's just because that is not the right time just wait work and pray for it Im sure God has a big plan for you always believe in HIM..