Do you Cheat when gaming?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by empivee, Aug 3, 2018.

1. edwardppaolo

edwardppaolo New Member

Some of my games is already been patched. I'm sorry to say that most of my games (not online) but I only use it if I'm not capable of buying a coins or VC that the game needed you to buy. Some games are taking advantage to the user so that they can earn more money. But yeah, I'm using cheat engine on my laptop, sometimes it's not working to other games but most of the time it it really working.

2. no, if I cheat, its no fun, you keep winnig you'll get bored (like my freind)

3. ballez123

ballez123 New Member

No, I'm completely against cheating in any kind of video game but I must confess I once did in the past. Me cheating in that particular game led me to lose interest in playing anymore. The challenge is what brings you back to a game and overcoming any obstacle in it, that satisfaction is what games gaming so great. Cheating will only give you satisfaction for a short time but eventually, it will become boring to you.

4. mero

mero New Member

I like this question, it made me ask this question to myself for the first time. I never try to cheat when it comes to online games I never thought about it in a morality way, I just play online games for challenges and cheating simply take that away because what is the point if I beat someone while I am cheating it just takes the fun away.

But I do use cheats sometimes when I play offline games, sometimes I just want to get it over with.

5. ZombiiHyena

ZombiiHyena New Member

I think it personally depends on the game and situation at hand.

Are you playing a game like Overwatch or CS:GO where the appeal of having special skins items is that they are hard to get? Hacking yourself some cool skins might make some people jealous if you got an item quickly, but if they're able to trace back that you cheated, your validation doesn't exactly stand.

maybe you're playing the Sims and your character's job is going nowhere. Going into the system and just making him a millionaire takes the fun out of it the game. If you automatically are able to get anything in game just by typing in "Motherlode" multiple times until you think your sim is rich enough... whats the point in having sim jobs in the game at all? The actual process of building your characters up and seeing how far they've come is the point of The Sims.

If you're playing a game where you're solely cheating to get past a part you simply cant get past, or adding mods to fix glitches, cheating seems more valid. Not to get street-cred for something you actually didn't achieve the right way.

6. Patrickray

Patrickray New Member

there too many game that i played and i never wanted to cheat in every game. It is because the concept of the game will be destroy and the excitement of it will disappear. I play online game such as Rules of Survival and gues what there are a lot of cheater. I dont know why the developer of the game cant stop that but even they are a lot of cheater they became its a challenge for me to beat them so every time i encounter a cheater i motivate to play not because i challenge my self but i love to play and i love what i am doing.

7. NGear

NGear New Member

Well, I've had a few run-ins on some of the most infuriating obstacles in numerous games that I so willingly took on under-prepared, and due to that, I was forced to cheat my way through.

Although it relieved me of the virtual hindrances that I faced, I was forced to play all the way with those cheats, immaturity in full display as I finished the game with the aid of cheats.

Although the concept was thrilling at first, it gradually made the whole-gaming experience dull for me, until one day, I completely stopped playing, mainly due to losing my drive/motivation that made me engage in the fun adventures offered by the games that I play in the first place.

I eventually came back, but this time, I've learned my lesson. I don't use cheats anymore, not because it's "bad", but because I'll just hamper with my gaming potential, as well as ruin all of it for me.

8. NGear

NGear New Member

Well, I've had a few run-ins on some of the most infuriating obstacles in numerous games that I so willingly took on under-prepared, and due to that, I was forced to cheat my way through.

Although it relieved me of the virtual hindrances that I faced, I was forced to play all the way with those cheats, immaturity in full display as I finished the game with the aid of cheats.

Although the concept was thrilling at first, it gradually made the whole-gaming experience dull for me, until one day, I completely stopped playing, mainly due to losing my drive/motivation that made me engage in the fun adventures offered by the games that I play in the first place.

I eventually came back, but this time, I've learned my lesson. I don't use cheats anymore, not because it's "bad", but because I'll just hamper with my gaming potential, as well as ruin all of it for me.

9. AiMisaki

AiMisaki New Member

Whenever I play, I honestly don't cheat. I loved doing challenges and making challenges inspires me to play more and it makes me want to achieve a certain goal and makes me more competitive. And, using a cheat makes me get tired of the game instantly.

10. Animeboy102

Animeboy102 New Member

I cheat only on dead games that i used to play just because they arent fun to play anymore. Cheating adds a new concept of hiding your hacks ( im talking about online games like cs:go and gta where the getting money part is too boring) on games that are fun at the moment i like to play legit and for fun. :D

11. Aspiring_Fella

Aspiring_Fella New Member

When I was younger, i.e. about 14 years of age, I would most frequently use cheats, especially in games like GTA or Elder Scrolls or similar sandbox, open world kind of games. I didn't really develop my cognitive functions and I didn't realize that cheats were gamebreaking in most cases. Since then, I have not typed in a single cheat, at all, and I'm grateful that I have overcome that with such ease.

12. alexis.ternate

alexis.ternate New Member

I used cheats before for an open world game and that's only for fun. But when it comes to online games or any games that other players are playing with me I definitely never used a single cheat. Cheating on a games like RPG, MOBA & etc. are so unfair for other players because those games are made to be fair for everyone to play. I consider cheating as answer for those who are lack of skills.

13. anvidal

anvidal New Member

Honesty is the best policy. It should be practiced at all times

14. Jelhablado

Jelhablado New Member

No.. cheating is not good because you're taking advantage. If you want to get new characters and increase your level you should do it in a right ways. You are also cheating to other gamer and you are being selfish already. No one deserves the winning if they did not do the right thing.

15. jack18

jack18 Member

Game Genies and Game Sharks are a cherished part of our gaming history, when it comes to single player games practically everyone is a cheater at some point. My personal rule with game cheats has always been to only mess around with them once I’d finished the game legitimately at least once. In the days before you could change difficulty levels mid-game or easily acquire walkthroughs, game cheats were also a way to get past a seemingly impossible section of the game. In both cases using cheats is about having fun. Either you’d exhausted the legitimate fun you could have or the game had stopped being fun for some reason and you wanted to generate some more. These days, single player cheats have largely been replaced with custom mods, which are even better. Long before your first “pure” playthrough is finished, some genius will release a mod that does exactly what you need to get many more miles from your favorite game.Virtually no one has a problem with this, since cheating and modding in a single player game doesn’t hurt anyone. Your increase in personal enjoyment doesn’t come at the expense of someone else’s. At worst, you are simply cheating yourself, but since the point of a game is to have fun, it shouldn’t matter as long as that’s your experience. Cheating in a multiplayer game, on the other hand, is a different monster altogether...

16. peraperic

peraperic New Member

No, i hate cheat !

17. jerahmeeltayag

jerahmeeltayag New Member

I do not use cheats in gaming may it be an online or an offline game. Cheating takes all the fun out of the game. It removes the thing that we call "challenge". That challenge as well as the things that I could learn from the game is the greatest reason why I play the game in the first place. Pure, fun and the best experience can be achieved without using cheats, but with your strategy and muscle reflexes. I play Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and players here who play that game knows the struggle.

18. Kate C

Kate C New Member

Sometimes I cheat. I remember cheating in games like Zelda and Oblivion as a kid because the quests were just too much to get my head around at times. Over time, though, I stopped cheating in quests because I learned to take my time and think really listen to the hints the game throws at you. I believe that cheating takes the fun out of gaming and I only really realised that after I stopped looking up tutorials.
    On the other hand, I've never cheated in terms of using things like wall hacks or aim bots in games like CS:GO or other online shooters. I think using a bot to play the game for you is redundant and takes the fun out of it not only for you, but for the other people playing the game too.

19. Haslamendo

Haslamendo New Member

Depends on what your definition of cheating is...

If your definition of cheating is limited to old-school button inputs that unlock aspects of the game that would otherwise be inaccessible, then I would say rarely. I'll occasionally use those types of cheats in games like Grand Theft Auto and strategically not save afterwards. Sometimes you just want to mess around in a game without worrying that it will affect the progress of the game's plot.

But if your definition of cheating is looking up walkthroughs for a game when stuck in a certain spot, I will look up the walkthrough every time. I only have a limited amount of time to play games and feel no guilt when I have to get past being stuck.

20. Coderboy

Coderboy New Member

Anyone have used cheats at least once in their life. When you play offline games it's really okay to cheat sometimes specially if u want to have some fun or etc but cheating to accomplish levels and challenges and getting higher levels in a game isn't that fun. In online games when u cheat u ruin the game for all the people who are playing with u, so don't do it.

21. Mr. Friendly Trendz

Mr. Friendly Trendz New Member

I love playing games and I like this post!

Cheating can, of course, be a good thing. We've all entered cheat codes into games to unlock special modes, to obtain weapons, to give ourselves infinite ammo, or extra lives.

The reason those cheat codes exist is that the developers knew their prospective players would want the option to play the game in those ways: to skip levels and open up options.

This kind of cheating isn't really cheating at all, it's more like an admission by the game designers that the rules they've made might as well be bent, and even formalised with specific keys to unlock them as the player sees fit. They're an extension to the original game.

But cheating, in the strictest sense, means not playing by the rules of a game, and benefiting from your actions as a result. There are several cases where cheating isn't simply a cheeky secret hidden inside the game, but an outright violation of the way we expect games to be played.

22. Macizit

Macizit New Member

If it's an online game where my cheating would affect other players negatively, then no. I used to cheat quite a bit in online shooters when I was younger, but winning by cheating completely sucks all the sense of accomplishment out of the victory.

On the other hand single player games - especially ones you can mess around in? Absolutely. I find playing games like GTA boring without the use of a trainer and additional "cheaty" mods. Or perhaps in something like the Sims where you cheat in a bunch of money and just go wild.

23. Lyke1308

Lyke1308 New Member

I never cheat when gaming simply because it kills the thrill. When playing games my number one reason is to feel challenge, the thrill and the will to win the game, of course.If you cheat it just destroy the excitement but sometimes i am being tempt to cheat especially if the game has levels and i'm on a certain level that seems to be really impossible to pass, i choose to ask for some help from others instead of cheating. Second it is more rewarding and when you know that you finished the game, you won, without cheating

24. dokmc

dokmc New Member

Sometimes, it good to be the villain! LOL. Honestly, I do cheat on games for fun. But if I do know that the punishment and the moderation of a particular game is extreme such as lifetime ban, I am not doing so. :)

25. borjamarien

borjamarien New Member

I don't like to use cheat when I'm playing games because I want to play a challenging game but if I use cheat basically the game will become uninteresting and no challenge because I will depend on cheating andIcan do what I want even if I lose many timesBut if you don't use cheat, the game will be very interesting for you and it can even make you addicted with that game because of the challenge you're facing.

26. borjamarien

borjamarien New Member

I don't like to use cheat when I'm playing games because I want to play a challenging game but if I use cheat basically the game will become uninteresting and no challenge because I will depend on cheating and I can do what I want even if I will lose many times, so the game will become boring. But, if you don't use cheat, the game will be very interesting for you and it can even make you addicted with that game because of the challenge you're facing.

27. manilene.paunan

manilene.paunan New Member

Yes. I tried to cheat in Cooking fever game. My fried told me about the cheat of getting many gems and she sent it to me. I tried to use it and I realized that cheating will lead me on removing the game because there is no challenge anymore.

28. michaelpaladino

michaelpaladino New Member

I never really understood the point of cheating in a video game. What's the point? If you're playing for fun, then just play for fun. If you're playing competitively, then train hard, practice, and be the best you can be to win. If you're willing to cheat in a video game, to me, that is a recipe for cheating in other areas of life. Do you cheat when you go to the gym - i.e.) taking steroids? Do you cheat in school? Do you cheat at work or on your spouse?

It's really the same thing - cheating in video games is a topic that will never make sense to me. I play CS:GO competitively and professionally. If you're caught cheating - you're banned for life from all major events. What's the fun in that? If you need to cheat in a video game to be good at it, my opinion is don't play at all.

29. DanM08

DanM08 New Member

If I answer "no" I'd be lying, lol. Now, I normally don't cheat at video games, but I do when I finished a certain game. I want to experience the good and the bad times of the game that I'm playing.

30. iblissian

iblissian New Member

If I'm playing multiplayer on any game - then no, it would be a cheap cop-out and dishonorable. Doing things like that directly reduces and ruins the fun of others, and I have a pretty low opinion of people who do that. Singleplayer games, however, that's a different ball game. I have used cheats in single player games, I guess because the case is different with them - I am not reducing anyone's enjoyment, and I myself am enjoying the game more.