Do you drink coffee?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by kimbo, Nov 12, 2013.

1. kimbo

kimbo New Member

I quit coffee a few years ago and am still amazed at how much healthier it has made me feel. I SO miss the flavor and comfort of a warm cup of joe though. I also really miss iced coffee on hot summer days! [Yikes no alcohol, no caffeine- I'm so boring!] :)

2. Christina Curtin

Christina Curtin New Member

I don't really need to drink coffee, but I like to drink it once a day. it give a nice change from the tea. Latte are my favorite

3. benmajer

benmajer New Member

I usually drink tea but whenever I get the chance for a nice cup of black coffee from Wayne's I just can't resist it.

I used to drink like six cups of coffee a day but then my coffee machine broke, which is a good thing for my health I think. That much coffee screws over your stomach badly.

ryllecent and Jafet like this.
  4. Themba

Themba New Member

Oh yes!! my favourite is nescafe. I love smell and the taste is great. I don't see myself quitting drinking coffee any time soon, love it.

5. KKrage

KKrage New Member

I do not drink coffee or tea. Easy reasons; it can stop growth, it tastes horrible and I believe it is not healthy. Why would I drink it when i wouldn't want to. And it is not healthy so what's the point drinking it? Some people might like the taste of coffee but I do not.

Jafet likes this.
  6. SunnySkies57

SunnySkies57 New Member

I used to drink many cups of coffee as a night nurse until I developed such a bad case of palpitation and I ended up with a holter monitor for 24 hours and an EKG done. My physician told me it was time to give up coffee and so I did. Unfortunately, one of the withdrawal symptoms for coffee is severe migraine. My head hurt for seven straight days non-stop and then I was home free.

Every once in a while when I am on one of my cross-country trips, I end up drinking coffee because I truly enjoy its taste but I pay the consequences with a headache for at least three days.

I now drink lots of caffeine-free teas but my favorite drink is the Teeccino Hazelnut coffee which is a healthy replacement for the real deal. I simply love the Teeccino and the Yogi products.

Jafet likes this.
  7. A. D. C. Gamani

A. D. C. Gamani New Member

Yes! why not. I drink black coffee every evening. Becouse, It is flavour & non-alcoholic drink. If we tired, will refresing after the drink cup of coffee. Also, have an other shape as ice coffee. The get used to for welcome drink of wedding. Milk & brandy mixed with coffee for ice Yes! why not. I drink black coffee every evening. Becouse, It is flavour & non-alcoholic drink. If we tired, will refresing after the drink cup of coffee. Also, have an other shape as ice coffee. The get used to for welcome drink of wedding. Milk & brandy mixed with coffee for ice Yes! why not. I drink black coffee every evening. Becouse, It is flavour & non-alcoholic drink. If we tired, will refresing after the drink cup of coffee. Also, have an other shape as ice coffee. The get used to for welcome drink of wedding. Milk & brandy mixed with coffee for ice Yes! why not. I drink black coffee every evening. Becouse, It is flavour & non-alcoholic drink. If we tired, will refresing after the drink cup of coffee. Also, have an other shape as ice coffee. The get used to for welcome drink of wedding. Milk & brandy mixed with coffee for ice coffee.

Jafet likes this.
  8. A. D. C. Gamani

A. D. C. Gamani New Member

Yes! why not. I drink black coffee every evening. Becouse, It is flavour & non-alcoholic drink. If we tired, will refresing after the drink cup of coffee. Also, have an other shape as ice coffee. The get used to for welcome drink of wedding. Milk & brandy mixed with coffee for ice coffee.

Jafet likes this.
  9. TakeSomeTime

TakeSomeTime New Member

I'm absolutely addicted to coffee! I definitely drink less now than I did in the past when I worked at Starbucks, but I still seek out a hot cup of java every morning. I probably rely on it a bit more than I really should, but nothing makes my morning happier than that first splash of coffee on my lips.

Jafet likes this.
  10. Mirza_

Mirza_ New Member

Love coffee! I drink about 3 or 4 cups of black coffee a day. It refreshes me, gives me a good kick up the behind when I need it and most of all it tastes great.

Though I admit I don't have real discerning taste. Coffee from a Nespresso machine, instant coffee, and coffee from the gourmet cafe on the corner all taste roughly the same to me. I wouldn't change it for the world, it just means I can enjoy coffee no matter where I am.

Admittedly it isn't good for me. I do live an otherwise fairly healthy lifestyle though, so why not indulge myself every now and again (4 times a day:p)?

Jafet likes this.
  11. incan

incan New Member

With the amount of calories in coffee, it's one of the drinks I wish I liked..

VerySeriousDave and Jafet like this.
  12. scalloway1

scalloway1 New Member

I am most certainly addicted to coffee. I can not function without a cup of coffee in the morning and usually drink 2-3 cups a day if not more! The warm coffee first thing in the morning just soothes the soul into making you believe its going to be a great day, even if you know its not! Not to mention the 3 pm pick me up that is almost unavoidable, I definitely rely on coffee probably way more than I should!!

Jafet and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Frozen Vulture

Frozen Vulture New Member

I am a pretty devoted Starbucks junkie, I have a triple shot mocha a least 2 or 3 times a week. I'm pretty young so I don't worry about the health effects (live hard I say), but I do spend like $50 or $60 a month on coffee! So for that reason I will likely not make this a long term habit, although coffee does get me going in the morning.

Jafet likes this.
  14. simmyao

simmyao New Member

I simply don't like the taste of coffee! It makes my breath awful too hahaha...
    It gave me tremors if I drank too much, so I can safely say that the cons outweigh the pros here. No to coffee!

Jafet likes this.
  15. brutal37138

brutal37138 New Member

I love the smell of coffee! My father use to brew a pot every morning, but I never picked up the habit. I'm still a caffeine drinker though. Mountain Dew has always been my morning, afternoon, and evening source of energy.

There have been times in the past where I have tried to cut back and I don't drink as much now, as I have in the past. I just can't give the caffeine up! Ironically though, I can't get on the band wagon for all the energy drinks they have out on the market. I guess that's where I drew the invisible line.

Jafet likes this.
  16. Tonya Sunderland

Tonya Sunderland New Member

I love the taste of coffee and also rely on it for the caffeine. However, I do have to agree that it always seems to smell better than it tastes.

Jafet likes this.
  17. niteowlz

niteowlz New Member

Wow...I love that so many of you are like me and worship coffee! The smell, the taste, the variety...and of course the "pick me up". Coffee it one of life's greatest pleasures. If I had to choose between coffee and chocolate, it would be tough, but I would choose dark, robust-flavored coffee!

Jafet likes this.
  18. niteowlz

niteowlz New Member

Be careful though, I remember reading that certain combinations with coffee can cause migraine headaches.
    One of those being chocolate!
    Red wine doesn't fare well into the mix either.

Jafet likes this.
  19. seraphinne7

seraphinne7 New Member

The only thing I like at a coffee is the smell.
    I once drank the first coffee of my life, with a night before an important exam. I went our with my friends and I wanted to try this magic potion that everybody uses to stay awake. Though the amount was small, I asked the bartender 5 sugar cubes. I couldn't even taste it so I went to the bar for 5 more times and after I drank it I felt sick for 2 days. It was horrible.
    Btw, a friend amused by my sugar cubes counted how many I had in my coffee. I reached the beautiful sum of 23!

It was my "first time" and only time.

Jafet and Meds like this.
  20. petesede

petesede New Member

I try to only drink coffee in the morning. Caffeine can have a beneficial affect on digestion, but can also cause headaches if you are dehydrated. Each person has a difference tolerance as far as its effects on sleep, for me, any within 3-4 hours of trying to go to sleep will keep me awake.

freesub78 and Jafet like this.
  21. niteowlz

niteowlz New Member

I have been looking into getting a single cup or k-cup coffee maker. The prices on some of these are almost laughable. No, they are laughable!

Jafet likes this.
  22. niteowlz

niteowlz New Member

I still want one though!

Jafet likes this.
  23. Rydomus

Rydomus New Member

Man, I love coffee. And I know I drink too much of it. I'm to the point where I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't have it in the morning.

I've considered going cold turkey next year (I've done this with alcohol and meat actually) and see what happens. I've heard some water and citrus (for vitamin C I imagine) results in the same alertness. We shall see.

Jafet likes this.
  24. chrissyhme

chrissyhme New Member

I love coffee. I have been trying to limit it a lot because I can't just have a cup, I will drink it all day! With lots of sugar and cream, so good! But at the same time, so bad. I try to have only 1 small cup a day but being honest, I do cheat most days and have 2!

Jafet likes this.
  25. newslang

newslang New Member

I've never noticed an energy boost from coffee - I just like the way it tastes! I drink it every day.

Jafet likes this.
  26. ajchick

ajchick New Member

I'll have coffee if it's "socially convenient;" there are quite a few little coffee shops around that make convenient meeting places for casual dates or catching up. At home, I'm more of a tea drinker. I've found several types that give me the boost I need on occasion, and I feel like it's probably better for me.

Jafet and VaivainenSiili like this.
  27. beachday

beachday New Member

I don't think a cup of coffee in the morning is bad for you. I have my coffee every morning while I am getting ready to start my day. I don't always drink it on the weekends but during the week I wouldn't want to be without. I for the most part cut out sodas and don't miss it but not giving up the coffee.

Jafet likes this.
  28. Verity Darkwaters

Verity Darkwaters New Member

Coffee is not actually bad for you. It is a natural laxative and suppresses your appetite. It is all the creamer and sugar you put in it that can makes you ill and gain weight. I drink it once in a while if I need a pick me up or occasionally I have a craving for it. I use to drink it a lot, but I somehow got sick off it after ordering it from Starbucks and have been weary of it ever since. Perhaps it was bad milk, I am not sure, but I have been scared to drink it all the time since.

Jafet likes this.
  29. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yes, I know you would miss it. I drink coffee, but only occasionally. Coffee increases your concentration, but also carries the side-effect of burdening your nerves. I find that many things that we label as bad however, can have a positive effect on us if only we learn and study how to use them in moderation. Cheers :)

jennoel_25 and Jafet like this.
  30. keanmo40

keanmo40 New Member

I'm guilty of drinking coffee, in fact I drink about six lattes a day. Are those still meant to be as bad for you as just drinking regular coffee alone? I wouldn't have thought so because of all the (healthy?) milk (lots of calcium) and the fact that they aren't very strong.
    I'm not really sure if coffee affects my nerves beause as a parent of six my nerves are already shot! ;)

Jafet and (deleted member) like this.