Do you drink coffee?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by kimbo, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Finman0507

Finman0507 New Member

I used to be addicted to coffee to a point that I thought it was dangerous. I couldn't start my day without at least two cups in the morning. I would find myself having between ten and fifteen cups a day. It did start to give me some health problems so I had to make a choice to cut down. I am at 3-4 cups a day now and it really does make a difference. Although I will never completely stop drinking coffee I do believe that to much is not good for you. Coffee has it's benefits and I will stick to my 3-4 cups

2. Soupralu

Soupralu New Member

I've started drinking coffee in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. I love it, it tastes good and it gives me a boost to do what I have to do during the day. I am not addicted, there are days when I don't drink it and feel fine. It's a supplement, not something that I need on a daily basis.

3. Janthea

Janthea New Member

I used to drink gallons of coffee. I could easily get through a four ounces jar of instant in two days. Then I began to feel dizzy when I changed my position from sitting to standing, or lying down to sitting. I visited the doctor who told me I was poisoning myself with the caffeine.
    I cut down the coffee immedately, but I must be a caffeine addict. I've now built back up to fifteen cups of cofee a day. My kettle never gets a chance to cool down. I have to stop drinking it at seven in the evening night though. One cup after this time keeps me awake all night.

4. meriem

meriem New Member

Yes, but just a little bit everyday in the morning. I hate being addictive to caffeine

5. challakartheek12

challakartheek12 New Member

I think I am quite habituated to drinking coffee as the first thing in my day. It's been a habit for almost 15 years now and I just can't imagine my day without drinking a coffee in the morning. I absolutely love it.:laugh:

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk New Member

As a student, I think coffee is essential to my everyday life. 'Till now, I still need coffee to wake up!

7. John Boye

John Boye New Member

I recently have noticed that I've been drinking a lot more cold-brew coffee than hot coffee. I have a cup or two regardless of the temperature and I really enjoy brewing it myself. I prefer cold-brew because I don't feel the need to add anything to it and I feel that it really helps my overall health. When I would drink hot coffee before I found that I had the tendency to pour rather large amounts of milk and sugar into the mix. I have a very mild reaction to lactose and I do not feel that adding the milk to my coffee was helping my health. Ever since I let go of the hot coffee I've been feeling a lot better :)

8. Michaelam543

Michaelam543 New Member

Sometimes I will drink coffee! I like Starbucks if I'm buying coffee out of the house, if I'm making it I really like Donut Shop in my Keurig :) with lots of sugar and cream..

9. Keith Zicri

Keith Zicri New Member

Well said about the psychoactive substance caffeine that is incredible and a bunch of health benefits pop up with the though of it. Seriously, I cannot do without coffee especially after the morning jog two cups of coffee sets the pace for my day.

10. pikix

pikix New Member

I used to work the graveyard shift at a restaurant that mostly served coffee (Tim Hortons anyone?) so I drank well over a pot a night, trying to not fall asleep from boredom. I liked coffee before but now I find myself drinking multiple cups a day where before I would rarely have one a day.

11. Ginnyire

Ginnyire New Member

I was addicted to coffee big time. Now, I feel like I just drink it out of habit. I recently stopped drinking hot coffee as I just lost my taste for it. Iced coffee is so yummy.

12. Hesposito

Hesposito New Member

I love coffee! I grew up on a good cup of cafe con leche. Even though growing up on it, I never used to be one of those people that needed it to get my day started until I had my third child. I'm the one that can drink coffee and then go to bed. Funny how life circumstances can change things!

13. missmilo

missmilo New Member

I love coffee. I know I'm addicted because I get headaches if I'm not able to drink it. I used to drink WAY too much, six or seven cups a day. I've cut back a lot and currently have one cup in the morning and another at lunch. I've been drinking coffee regularly since I was 12 so I'm not sure I could completely quit :p. I can't function at all in the morning without it, I've never been a morning person.

I figure two cups a day isn't too bad, especially since I don't add creamer, sugar, or other sweeteners. I brew it at home so it's not too expensive, either. Plus, my plants enjoy the grounds.

14. Gogonykol

Gogonykol New Member

I only drink decaffeinated coffee. I suffer from occasional anxiety attacks and from my experience caffeine tends to make them worse. Caffeine can also contribute to heart palpitations and dehydration.

15. ByLilOneG

ByLilOneG Member

Funny enough, I didn't start drinking coffee until about 4 years ago. Being in the work force for over a decade, you would think I would've started a long time ago. I only stick to the 1 cup in the morning though. I'm sensitive to caffeine as it is, so I have to limit myself. I generally drink coffee to wake myself up, but I also really like the taste of it as well. The only downside is that I really need to cut down the amount of cream and sugar in it.

16. CharterSchoolForums

CharterSchoolForums New Member

I cannot seem to function without coffee. I used to drink a lot more, about 2-3 cups a day but I've toned it down to about 1. The best is waking up early on a Saturday morning to drink a nice warm cup of coffee. Who else hates Keureg cups though?

17. stef015

stef015 New Member

Hi Kimbo, So what do you drink instead of coffee. I am a coffee addict unfortunately and don't intend to give it up. But I admire you. What I have been doing lately is adding half a teaspoon of raw molasses to my coffee as well as a tiny (just the tip of a teaspoon of fine cinnamon.) I love the taste and both are very healthy with many nutrients. I don't suppose anybody else drinks their coffee like I do.

18. Rezthera

Rezthera New Member

I do drink coffee! I usually drink mine from a specialty Keurig brewer, using Nantucket Blend or Tim Horton's brew.
    When I was younger, probably age 15, I was ordering a medium sized coffee by the drive-thru with 8 milk and 8 sugar. Since then, I've tried to tone it down. I went from 8x8 to 6x6 to 4x4... and now I'm at a 3x3 when I do happen to buy coffee from a shop.

19. Jekaterina Maslova

Jekaterina Maslova New Member

Yes, I'm a complete coffee addict! At one point I started worrying that i drink too much coffee and read some articles that said that 3-4 cups of Joe is okay and won't harm me in any way. I love putting cinnamon sticks into my coffee, some almond milk and no sugar. YUM!

20. Scott Pechacek

Scott Pechacek New Member

What a great thread! I absolutely love coffee. I agree with those of you who say that it smells better than it tastes, but I still do love drinking it. I probably drink it 4-5 days a week, and I only drink it iced. Even in the winter when it's cold outside, for some reason I just love drinking it iced every time.

I remember the first few times I had coffee, I only pretended to enjoy it because I was hanging out with people who loved it. However, over time, I began to develop a taste for coffee, and now I love it.

Does anybody else share my love for iced coffee? I would love to hear your thoughts.

21. DeButters94

DeButters94 New Member

I drink coffee every morning and every night. My mom did it, my sisters do it, and so I do it. It is most certainly an addiction.
    It is for comfort because I still don't fully enjoy the taste. Nothing can beat curling up on the couch with a warm mug of coffee while watching TV or reading a book.
    I really should switch to tea for health reasons but unfortunately I'm stubborn and an idiot.

22. Sabinna

Sabinna New Member

Coffee is very nice and relaxing. But too much is a catastrophe! I was not really in to coffee, but then I had my German boyfriend who drinks coffee like water! We started hanging out by having a nice cup of coffee then it became more and more each day until I realized I had 4 cups in a day and couldn't sleep the whole night! As days passed, I think my system finally adapted to it and I can now fall asleep (after drinking coffee like water). But hey, there's also decaf :)

23. Keke

Keke New Member

I prefer tea and hot chocolate to coffee any day. Coffee just makes me so hyper and scarily alert. Then when I crash, it's so bad. So yeah. I don't like coffee I guess :/

24. Jessica Thompson

Jessica Thompson New Member

Do I drink coffee? That's like asking do I breathe! I will admit I probably drink a bit over the recommended daily intake. I normally have two cups before lunch time. I try not to have any more than 4 cups a day. I make more of a conscious effort to drink herbal tea instead of a coffee all the time. I don't have any sugar in my coffee so that has to count for something right?

25. nima.aravind

nima.aravind New Member

I love coffee i cant live with out coffee i drink coffee 4 to 6 times every day its best than alcohol i will drink coffee when i am in stress its a very good stress buster many people do many things while they r in stress but i will go and have a cup of coffee

26. Allegro

Allegro New Member

Yes and I should really stop. I've found too much coffee leaves me with a headache, or nauseous and yet I'll still grab a cup (or two ) of iced coffee. If it didn't leave me feeling miserable so much I'd drink it a lot more.

27. K Marie

K Marie New Member

I love my coffee! There is nothing like fresh brewed coffee aroma! Iced coffee has become my favorite, I make my own at home, saving a ton of money. Hot coffee on a hot day does not sound good at all, but for sure will I pour a glass of iced coffee and enjoy the heck out of it. It also helps with the energy level for sure. Two cups are my max then I switch.
    My kitchen is decorated in coffee decor I love it so much!

28. errdo19

errdo19 New Member

I just recently started drinking coffee a few weeks ago. I went on a trip to Africa and room temperature water and hot coffee were really the only daily beverage options. I use to be a huge Redbull drinker so the switch to coffee is actually a healthy choice for me. I have been sticking to drinking it black with maybe a little bit of natural sugar every once in a while. Hopefully once school starts back up the coffee gives me enough energy that I don't go back to the energy drinks. Anyone else made the switch from energy drinks to coffee?

29. Sergio borges

Sergio borges New Member

Although there are many myths that come and go with time about coffee, I keep leal to this beverage. It is good for the central nervous system, migraine, scientists say prevents Parkinson and Alzheimer; on the other hand is bad for the digestive system, causes gastritis...But is good to the soul, and that is enough to me. The diferent ways to prepare coffe are infinite, the important thing is to perceive its aroma and enjoying its flavor peacefully. The rest is atmosphere and the sense of the moment.

30. mhague15

mhague15 New Member

I never use to drink coffee. My go-to was McDonald's caramel frappe. After seeing how much sugar, fat & calories were in one of those drinks, I decided to cut them off completely. I usually only drink coffee 2 or 3 times each week. Coffee isn't something I need to have everyday & I feel it is better if I don't make it something that needs to be in my everyday routine.