Do you drink coffee?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by kimbo, Nov 12, 2013.

1. chillea

chillea New Member

I started drinking coffee during college because of my roommates. They were semi-coffee drinkers, meaning they drink at least thrice a week. I got used to its aroma which I liked, and so I thought of trying it. I found it to be very helpful especially during the exam days, or when staying up late to finish paperworks and other requirements. From then on, coffee became my preference over the milk and chocolate drinks I grew up drinking. It keeps me alert during the day even if I lack sleep. It is definitely a good starter for the day.

2. TheCashTipSociety

TheCashTipSociety New Member

Between going to grad school and trying to stay fit, the amount of coffee that I drink is ridiculous. I sometimes feel guilty about the sheer amount of coffee that I drink, but I know I'm at the point where if I don't drink...I don't think.:D I have been looking in alternatives recently, but it is very difficult to get over the hump of actually switching energy sources...my question to all of you is what alternatives to coffee have you tried? CBD oil is a hot topic in the news on facebook profile pages. I wonder if it would be a good alternative to the usual bitter wake-up I currently encounter.

3. romilda

romilda Member

Yes, I drink coffee but not too much. sometimes i only drink decaf. coffee makes me awake but too much coffee will sometimes elevate high blood pressure and creatinine level for those who have high blood pressure and kidney deceases.

4. snesz08

snesz08 Member

Yes. I drink coffee moderately, because of the benefits of this like, it relieves my stress, increase your fiber intake, lower the risk of Alzheimer disease and a lot of more. drinking coffee makes me feel active and increase my energy. I know if you drink too much it has bad effect in your body like palpitation. so drink moderately.

5. Stalcius

Stalcius New Member

Personally, I don't like the idea of being addicted to something. So I quit after 3 years of perpetual coffee consumption. I feel much better, sleep better, my energy levels are more consistent and my digestive system is normal.

6. jcosmos

jcosmos New Member

I personally have grown to love energy drinks. Red Bull makes me jittery, but Monster is where it's at. The all-black with green lettering, not the other ones. Remember though that there is always a crash when caffeine is involved! I read in an article a few days ago that coffee, particularly caffeine, has the crash effect because of the dehydration activity that occurs. This is fixed by drinking more water!

7. romilda

romilda Member

Sometimes, to help me alert all the time.

8. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

Yes i love coffee i cant go though a day without coffee its make me awake especially in the morning and afternoon. I drink coffee every day.

9. rbeat7

rbeat7 New Member

Yes I do and I would miss it if I didn't. Am I addicted to coffee, possibly but I believe I could stop if I really had to but it would be hard. I do understand they are health benefits to drinking coffee in moderation so I try to average it out on a daily basis and not over do it.

10. Kyan03

Kyan03 New Member

Yes, I seldom drink coffee. There are many who said that the world runs on coffee. While some also say we are addicted to coffee since it provides energy to our everyday task in work, school, business and recreational activities. Caffeine is a highly addictive substance that a lot people have come to depend on for the perception of increased energy. Caffeine operates by preventing the chemical "Adenosine" from telling the brain it's time to relax. The result is a surge of unnatural energy; but, over time, the brain becomes accustomed to the threshold and requires more caffeine to provide the same alertness. To prevent this caffeine addiction, I substituted grain coffee and herbal tea as a tea instead, since it is a natural caffeine and toxin free. Grain coffee is a ground mixture of grains, nuts, and dried fruit and provides only natural flavors. Grain coffee is available in regular drip coffee-maker and instant brands. These coffee substitutes come in a variety of flavors and can be used with regular coffee. If you normally use 4 scoops of ground coffee, then try 3 scoops of coffee with 1 scoop of grain coffee for the first week. Continue to transition gradually until you have eliminated your consumption of regular coffee altogether. I also do enjoy a cup of organic coffee from time to time but when I do drink instant coffee I always take 1 capsule of Mega Hydrate before I drink it, to help neutralize any potential toxins or volatile oils.

11. iwisting

iwisting Member

I can't say I don't but rather I choose to drink coffee depending on the situation. For regular days, I don't drink one but if I have to stay awake because of work, yes I do. The last time I drank a strong coffee was 2 years ago. It was the time when I was reviewing for my board exam. I really have no choice because the mere reading of the first two sentences I could really feel my eyelids being that heavy that I need to close my eyes. In fact, a friend actually pushed me to study at a fastfood chain and drink strong coffee and that he will accompany me just to review my notes. I was thankful for the gesture because believe me that was only the time that I studied long!

12. mahleen

mahleen New Member

Have you heard about the bulletproof coffee? A mixture of brewed coffee, butter and coconut oil. That is the kind of coffee you wouldn't be guilty drinking. It still has the same effect of boosting your energy without the sugar intake. Also, it tastes better than regular three-in-one instant coffee.

Aside from it being a tasty drink, it also has a lot of healthy benefits. The best benefit it gives me is that it helps me mentally and physically. It stimulates my brain to be more focus because I'm an easily distracted person. If I take this in the morning, I get to finish task earlier. Physically, it improves my metabolism and great for weight loss. I can claim that it made me weigh lighter now.

Coffee is a like an essential especially to the working group. It won't make you feel the hunger before lunch time or be sleepy at work by noon. It keeps you moving throughout the day. And so I recommend drinking bulletproof type of coffee everyday.

13. mkrisdc

mkrisdc New Member

[​IMG]
    When I was in high school, I used to drink coffee (either hot or cold) together with or after all of my meals: breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and midnight snack. However, I noticed one day that I become startled very easily. For instance, I can see a person walking towards me, but I still jolt when the person stops in front of me even if they don't say anything. So I decided that I need to stop drinking coffee. I didn't try drinking coffee again until I started working. However, after giving the drink three or four tries, I had to cease my coffee intake again, because I found out that it now gives me diarrhea :thumbsdown::oops: and instead of helping me stay awake, it makes me sleepy. :sleeping:
    Some of my friends say it's withdrawal effect and I just have to increase the caffeine content of my coffee for it to "work as intended" again, but I don't think it's worth it. I don't want to be addicted to coffee again, neither do I want to be dependent on it to stay alert. So I just try to maintain healthy habits and get enough rest so I don't have to resort to anything just to stay up.

14. dojemi10

dojemi10 New Member

I do, I drink coffee twice sometimes thrice a day.

15. Franco22

Franco22 New Member

Oh man, my wife and I can't get enough of the stuff.
    We have our favorites like Healthy ones or Solid pick me up Espressos.

Coffee may have some bad side effects, but those are mostly associated with sugars and creams that are added.
    So we usually go with Brewed Black coffee, and I really recommend it to people rather than instant ones.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  16. Aileen635

Aileen635 New Member

I only drink coffee once a day. And I absolutely need that one cup of coffee because if I don't, I usually end up being cranky all day. The only time I don't drink coffee is when I'm nursing a headache because I find that it usually makes me feel worse. And I don't know about you guys but when I drink more than one cup, I get sleepy.

17. I started drinking coffe when i was 15 years old, i used to drink coffe to wake me up for reviewing my notes for the exam and it can really help me to put some energy for my review maybe because of the sweetness and bitterness of the coffe thats why im wake and really active in my review

18. glenda18

glenda18 New Member

Like so many foods and nutrients, too much coffee can cause problems, especially in the digestive tract. But studies have shown that drinking up to four 8-ounce cups of coffee per day is safe. Sticking to those boundaries shouldn't be hard for coffee drinkers in my country since most drink just a cup of java per day.

19. ninotermulo

ninotermulo New Member

I really like to drink coffee. Coffee is a very great way to start your day. By drinking coffee, it refreshes my mind and always prevent me from being sleepy all the time. Whenever I did not drink coffee in the morning, most likely I always feel sleepy in class and often got scoldes by my teachers for not participating in class. Overall, I really really love the taste of coffee

20. Savalas

Savalas New Member

I try to stay away from coffee unless one of the following is true:

1. I have to pull an all nighter to pass a college test, and I'm doing well till 3 AM, when my pillow looks invitingly at me

2. I have a headache in the morning, and I have to look like a human (rather than like a zombie)

3. I'm at a Starbucks and realize that, when in Rome...

Otherwise, coffee rots the liver. Which is sad, because nothing tastes as good.

21. raiwenkai

raiwenkai Member

I'm already 33 even before I do not drink coffee... it's not that I don't like the taste but I am afraid of what I've heard its bad effect in our body, now I'm drinking hot water in the morning it has alot of good effects it cleans and releases toxins of you have problem in urinary tract infection just drink one to two glassess of hot water every morning.

22. Tonio2017

Tonio2017 New Member

Coffee is life for me...My day will not start if i have not yet sipping my coffee in the morning!It makes my system awake and alive for me to move lively and happy.

23. harlina

harlina New Member

I stopped drinking coffee months ago when I started experiencing palpitations. But I could not do it anymore now that I am working and needed a little boost when I get sleepy. I don't think a cup a day would be that bad, right?

24. YayiLilet

YayiLilet New Member

I have been drinking coffee since college. You don't get enough sleep and you just need that caffeine to keep you going. Been addicted ever since. I got to a point where I was drinking five cups of coffee in a day. My stomach didn't agree with that habit of mine, not to mention the palpitations. I knew I had to lessen that intake or suffer the consequences. So now, I usually have two to three cups of coffee a day. I think that's pretty safe :laugh:. It's like my only food addiction. Just got to have it.

25. ewi102

ewi102 Member

yes,i drink coffee.i drink coffee three times a day.coffee is very addictive so its not good to drink more than one cup.right now i only drink one cup a day.

26. Ana81

Ana81 New Member

Coffee is life for me. Starts my day with a cup of coffee and that completes my morning. It doesn't just taste good it also have health benefits espcially if you want to lose weight just make sure not much sugar added. My favorite time having coffee is when i'm on my balcony watching the sunrise by the beach.

Attached Files:

27. jeanmichael

jeanmichael New Member

I recently stopped drinking coffee. It caused anxiety in me and also depression. Since I stopped, I have been able to focus more on the things that matter in life. I do miss, having coffee though. :)

28. kycei

kycei New Member

Firstly i love coffee because it is very tasty i drink at least 3 times a day the reasons i drink coffee are
    -Coffee is a potent source of healthful antioxidants
    -Caffeine provides a short term memory boost i usually drink coffee before studying
    -Coffee helps to protect cognitive decline
    -Coffee is very healthy and it prevents us from heart diseases
    -Coffee also help curb certain cancers
    -Coffee also prevents certain lung cancers

But some say coffee is not good for health here are few points that they talk about

-Too much caffeine in the stomach causes stomach ulcer
    -Some also say that it causes hallucinations
    That is all i can say for my drinking of coffee

But still THUMPS UP FOR COFFEE:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

29. mimi93aly

mimi93aly New Member

I too drink coffee sometimes. But years ago i hate coffee because i used to palpitate everytime i drink or eat with a hint of coffe. But when i get older i got used to drinking coffee.i drink coffee sometimes like 1 or twice a week 1. I need to drink coffee because I'm a sleepy person. I need to stay awake so i can take care of my baby.

30. sar

sar New Member

No, i am not experienced of it,but i listen about this that is a good thing.