Do You Give Up On People?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Warren1967, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

It is easy to stand by people when they got it all. When the chips are down, things are different. People become too far and too few. It's during these hard times that we find real friends who don't give up on us. I would like to us if any of you have ever given up on somebody? Why or why not?

2. kirbycorpin02

kirbycorpin02 Member

[​IMG]

We found ourselves happy at first in such a relationship. We sometimes think that he/she will change but the fact that people do not change. This type of relationship affects us emotional, physical and even spiritual because you do everything while the other never cares about you. I am not happy with the relationship anymore. I have changed because of him. I do not know who I am today compare to the first time we met. It comes with threats, black mails and mental abuse. It is better to give up than to stay in a bad relationship.

3. emax2000

emax2000 Member

Never give up on people, no matter how many times the let you down or disappoint you.

4. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

I do not easily give up on people. It depends on what type of person I dealing with. If that one person is very special to you, and he/she is giving up on his self/ her self. Don't give up on that person. Be strong for that person. He/She might not have anyone. Be strong for them, even if you feel like giving up too. Save that person. Stay by their side. But if a person in your life is so toxic to you and it affects you, leave. Toxic people don't deserve a part of your life.

5. vlmrspns

vlmrspns New Member

Yes! Know when you need to give up on people. It's not that you don't care for them anymore nor thinking about them but it's just letting them to do things on their own now. We need to think that we are all different. You need to teach yourself that you do not own these people. They just need to do something that will make them feel at ease. And with that they will not have any regrets after. I know this from mt experiences. People will always commit mistakes. You just need to be there, when things fail and don't go accordingly on their plan. Always choose to stay on them but leave them things to comprehend on their own.

6. yetyet

yetyet Member

It may be a difficult decision but I did. Yes, I gave up some people in my life. People that was once close to me but sad to say as time passes by they started to forget me I think because they can't be reach anymore. Those people that you once trusted but suddenly hate and leave you without telling you the reason why. People whom I thought was my relatives but they choose chaos rather than peace agreement. I know I'm not perfect, there may be a lot of mistakes that I'd made but sometimes it's better to gave up on those type of person rather than staying with them that doesn't make you productive anymore. Life has to go on and I always bring lessons that I learned in every person.

7. justyhet

justyhet New Member

Yes I gave up also on people. I have to keep my standard and I know my worth and that I am not just an option. I gave up those person that gives me nothing but stress, think that I'm useless and dump me after what I did, and those who makes me feel that I'm not good to keep. All my life I always tried to please people that surrounds me, so that they will count me as one of their company but one day woke up knowing that most of them just betrayed me. Since then I decided to cut off certain individual in life, I am very careful in mingling with other and I never let my guard down. Toxic individual are just around the corner and I don't want to be with them anymore, I once gave up on them because they hurt me so I'll never let them in came again in me.

8. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

Yes. If it is worth it, give it up. I remember when I was still young, whenever I had a big fight with my friends that usually causes FO (Friendship Over), when i reconcile with them, I want to bring back the relationship we had before. But As I grew older, I realized that you can be okay with someone without being friends with them, again. Just give up on people if they became toxic to you, if you are not growing with each other.

9. teresac0726

teresac0726 New Member

Yes, I have. You can only reach your hand out to help, so far. But if they are not reaching the rest of the way, despite your many attempts, then it is time to let them go. Maybe they can take this time to really hit rock bottom and realize what they have lost.

10. Zirizir

Zirizir New Member

Sometimes it's not easy to keep holding on to the people who do not value or appreciate the efforts we put to make everything work.