Do you like animated movies? Or are they just for kids?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Wealth4ever, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Wealth4ever

Wealth4ever New Member

1. Do you like animated movies? Or are they just for kids?

2. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I like animated movies but the problem is that they are getting redundant. Also animated movies in the U.S. are mostly for children, This is why I prefer anime movies. They go beyond children's themes. They have genres for adults to appreciate.

3. hlabajosa1966

hlabajosa1966 Member

I loved animated movies, sometimes I like pictures are manipulated to appear as moving objects. I find it interesting to watch those FILMS. I believed we always had a childlike behavior even we are already adult.

4. breego

breego New Member

If it's an animated short then I'm more likely to enjoy it than if it's feature length. I mostly like live action movies especially fantasy, sci-fi and superhero movies. But I did like The Incredibles (2004) from PIXAR and while it's an animated movie, to me it has a certain live action feel to it. Also, given how much variety there is among animated flicks they can either be for everyone, for children or for adults only. Like The Incredibles is a family movie but Sausage Party (2016) is definitely for adults.

5. Catutzy

Catutzy New Member

I love animated movies. I remember the Cars series, Finding Nemo, Frozen ...

6. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

animated movies its good

7. lydiaxyz

lydiaxyz New Member

I love animated movies! Often I even like them more than live action movies, because I think that so much more world building and creativity can be incorporated into animated movies. Animated movies often have more room for detailing and for extraordinary and out of this world character design and actions. The premises can sometimes be ridiculous, but will still lead to thoughtful, heartstring-pulling results. Also, because they often have less pressure of writing for an adult, I find that animated movies can often be more honest and genuine, with less focus on the worries or pretences that moves sometimes are laden with in order to please their idea of an adult viewer or market.

Some of my favourite films of all time are include Pixar classics like Ratatouille or Ghibli films like Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I also love the film Red Line. These films left me breathless, fulfilled, and with a whole new world to explore. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Bess14

Bess14 New Member

Animated movies aren't just for kids. It is also for kids at heart. I love animated movies. In fact, I find them more entertaining because of the animation that was used. They also have lesson you can learn from. Besides, animated movies never gets old. It may or may not be everybody's favorite.

9. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

I do get annoyed sometimes when some of my friends tells me that cartoons are just for kids. They have the guts to tell something like that but they didn't even know what is the difference between animated movies and cartoons. And mostly I prefer watching animated movies than those movies with poor story quality, I am overjoyed about how much creativity those creators put in their work to make the movies very engaging. And most of the time it is the lessons learned that makes the movie shines.

10. Serdiek

Serdiek Member

I so much like animated movies from my childhood till now. They are really amazing.

11. kennanpnt

kennanpnt New Member

I've come across a quotation from Walt Disney, he said that he was inspired to create movies not just for children to watch, but also for all the children within ourselves no matter how old (non-verbatim). And that has struck me straight to the core. I am 22 years old as we speak, and I've cried from watching both 12 Years a Slave and Frozen. The art of animated filmmaking, its ideologies, its reflections of reality, its implication on you as a complex emotional being does not remain on the blissful ignorance of childhood, it will impact you for the rest of your life - only if you know how to consume it.

12. pcanlas20

pcanlas20 New Member

Growing up doesn't mean you won't be a kid at heart. This is the reason why most of us still appreciate animated movies. There will always be days where we will be wishing we have superpowers so we can do wondrous things. It gives us a free ride to escape for an hour or two from reality. Not to add the creativity it gives to directors and writers since their only limitations on making stories is their imagination.

13. JesReen

JesReen Member

Animated movies are not just for kids choice only i must say. Not because they’re made from cartoons and comics it doesn’t mean that it wont suit the taste of adults anymore. There are many disney movies and anime movies we can still learn from it and we can still enjoy. I’m 21 years old now and i have watched too many anime movies before. I enjoy d them a lot and will continue watching it

1 person likes this.
  14. fikaaaa14

fikaaaa14 New Member

No they arent. The new animated spiderman is amazing and also they can be watched as a child but you can not say it doesnt hold attention to grown ups to.

15. jilibido

jilibido Member

Cartoons is my first love. As a kid, my love for cartoons and animated movies is a bit more exceptional than that of the other kids whom I watch cartoons with. Because my relationship with cartoons didn't begin and end with me just by watching it play. I could still vividly recall, like it was just yesterday, that after a "cartoon watching" session with other kids, I feel the need to look for a pen and paper right away and try to recall how the characters look like, so that I can draw them myself! My favorites were "Chip" of Disney's "Chip & Dale","Bambi"-whom I first thought was a girl! "Alice" of Alice in wonderland, "Tinkerbell" of Peter Pan, and last but not least, Bugs Bunny! Personally speaking, Animated movies are not just for kids. And adults who never grew tired of watching it and instead even grew fonder to watching it are the unique, creative and artistic individuals who possess higher "Intelligent Quotients" and are, basically, happy people who enjoys spreading good vibes to help make this world become a better place to live in.

16. jaykenth

jaykenth Member

Absolutely not only for kids, there are a lot of movies that has a good story and different things you can learn to and realize after watching it. In learning its not only limited to kids, other still appreciate and eye-opening information given on movies.

17. quercitron

quercitron Member

Animated movies are not only limited to kids. It is another form of expressing creativity in motion pictures. I, myself, have always been a fan of animated movies.

Like in paintings, there are all sorts of paintings. Whether it be surrealism or abstract expressionism. Same goes with the materials used for it. It varies on the preference of the creator and the audience.

18. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

I to say that i like them is an understatement. I barely watch live action films or series anymore. Two years ago I “discovered” anime (i knew it existed, but never really gave it a chance) and it got me instantly. It was attack on titan, and it showed me what is possible to do with animation. The animation films and series I had watched up to that point, was well made, no doubt about that, but the things japan used in their 2d animation is vastly different from the west.

And to answer the second question. Some are just for kids, but there’s a lot i wouldn’t show kids. You can find animated series that are too complex, too violent, or just straight out too erotic for kids. Animation can be enjoyed by everyone, you just have to find the right genre.

19. WilliamFowler

WilliamFowler New Member

I love animated films, and as someone who has studied filmmaking, I find them to have the best written screenplays. Since film is a visual medium, and animation is purely visual, the screenplays themselves play out so wonderfully. For example, the screenplay for Finding Nemo is one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I feel like I could write an entire dissertation on it alone!

20. snowvocaine

snowvocaine New Member

Of course, animated movies aren't just for kids. There are a lot of animated movies that have more mature topics, so obviously, they're not rated G. But for me, it doesn't matter if they are for kids or not, if I like the plot enough or the subject it's talking about, I would definitely watch it. And I think it should be like that for others, too.

21. MelvinAngelo

MelvinAngelo Member

For me even now i am watching animated movies somehow it brings relaxing and stress reliever so i watched past time in Youtube or DVD

1 person likes this.
  22. ctemple85

ctemple85 New Member

I like some animated movies , personally i liked them more as a kid. I would still enjoy one to pass time with the family ,but they're not my favorite.