Do you like Rick Riordan Books?

Discussion in 'Books' started by HoneyPretty, Mar 5, 2019.

1. HoneyPretty

HoneyPretty Member

I'm a no.1 fan of Rick Riordan's books. My fave book to yours? Let's talk about his books, the stories, the characters. What made you decide to be a fan of his books?

4 people like this.
  2. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

i don't like DsKOjydX4AEpgkd.jpg

1 person likes this.
  3. Arzu123

Arzu123 New Member

i've never read his books before but his books seems interesting to me. They should bring out a movie about the actions that happened in his books.

4. Honeyjuicebox

Honeyjuicebox New Member

They already made a movie adaptation for The Lightning Thief and The Sea of Monsters but the movie were way different from the original story. The ideas of the book might be there but there are still so much lacking because they've cut so many scenes and even changed details. I do understand that they did that because they can't handle the cost of production so they made it in a simple way but i'd say, they might as well not made it into a movie if they we're not able to make the real story because for us readers, it's so painful to watch. I know in Harry Potter movie adaptation, the producers also cut scenes and change details but atleast you can see the efforts made in the production. These book's movie adaptations might also make a lot of money if they only make a good production. I suggest you read the books, it's way interesting more than you can imagine. I've read almost all of Rick Riordan's book and it's a highly recommended one.

3 people like this.
  5. Seriphif

Seriphif Member

I am a big fan of Rick Riordan. I love his writing style it sounds a lot like people actually talk. I love that he wrote these books for his son. I also really love the subject matter. However I will agree the movie adaptation of the books were wanting. I know movies have limitations but to try to combine stories and change details that are intricate to the plot is not worth the disappointment to the fans; especially since it was unnecessary. If each book's story was adhered to the movies would have been much more satisfying.
    Since the stories are so good , I'm sure they will try again.

6. renzobusmion

renzobusmion New Member

. The ideas of the book might be there but there are still so much lacking because they've cut so many scenes and even changed details. I do understand that they did that because they can't handle the cost of production so they made it in a simple way but i'd say, they might as well not made it into a movie if they we're not able to make the real story because for us readers, it's so painful to watch. I know in Harry Potter movie adaptation, the producers also cut scenes and change details but atleast you can see the efforts made in the production. These book's movie adaptations might also make a lot of money if they only make a good production. I suggest you read the books, it's way interesting more than you can imagine. I've read almost all of Rick Riordan's book and it's a highly recommended one.