Do you like to cook or be cooked for?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Adele, Jul 25, 2013.

1. OzachG

OzachG New Member

I have been a cook for many years. I feel that im pretty good even though I dont like most of the foods that I cook. I am very picky and dont like alot of normal foods that everybody else does. So when it comes down to answering your question. The answer is id much rather cook for somebody else than to be cooked for.

2. mfc_25

mfc_25 New Member

I love cooking since I was a kid. I always look for cooking shows on TV and I will watch it diligently. Every weekend my mom loves to cook something special for the family and I was her little side kick. So when I was about to choose the degree that I will take in college I chose something that is related to cooking.

Now that I am an adult I still love cooking. My family loves everything that I cook for them maybe because they are my family in the first place. For me it is a form of art that needs passion and precision. Even if my sister will just ask for a simple midnight snack, I will whip up something special for her.

Cooking is like my love language. I am really happy whenever people tell me that they love what I cooked for them. It makes me feel that they appreciated the sincerity that I have put on their plates. But there are also times when other people cook for me and I love it too. Sometimes it is nice to be the one being served and just to be able to relax and not do the dishes after.

3. ljas

ljas New Member

• I love cooking! It is not just my hobby, but as well as a Passion.Passion in every steps of cooking. I want to let others eat my cooking products. I want to see their face with a smile when they feel my foods are tasty and good. I would feel happy when I see their smile and eating happily. Since those foods are being cooked by my hard, heart and most especially love!

4. grezelann_24

grezelann_24 New Member

Cooking is one of the best thing that I really enjoy. Doing the things that you loved to do is the best and the result will see from the food you prepare. I used to cook different dishes for my family and for my man. I always make sure that the food that I prepared is tasty and healthy.

5. MhicaF

MhicaF New Member

Well it sounds easier to be cooked for however, to be cooked for means you are giving someone a permission to put something in your stomach which is sometime can be dangerous because you don't know what exact ingredients they are putting in their dishes. Dishes might look good on the outside and might taste good however still we don't know what exact ingredients did they use. And if our body is not familiar with those ingredients we might have an allergic reaction. Studies says that our gut health is associated with our overall feelings, it gives reactions to our brain. For example, Leaky gut syndrome can give us a lot of symptoms like headaches, brain fog, memory loss, excessive fatigue etc. So we might think that leaky gut is just an intestine problem but that gut problem can actually affect our overall body. So I would like to cook my own food because in that way, i know exactly what i'm putting in my stomach. We have to protect our health and our body because that is where we live and we will spend the rest of our lives with our body FOREVER! :D

6. belleamau

belleamau New Member

I like to cook for someone. It sometimes gives you a feeling that when they love the food you prepared, you gained their heart. I love to watch cooking show where I can learn a lot of techniques on how to make your food more enticing and the taste to be more flavorful. I wanted to show my skills in cooking and to be appreciated on what I did for them. It is somehow a feeling of fulfillment. Though cooking can really be very tidious because of the preparation of the ingredients and the tools you need to use to make that special recipe of yours.

7. Airra

Airra New Member

Cooking is one of the skills that I am passionate about. So for me I like to be the one who cooks. The reason is because it is happiness for me to go to the supermarket and buying the ingredients that I need, preparing the equipment and condiments and cooking the food. I considered it as a stress reliever house chores. Knowing that my family member will be satisfied to the food that I cooked, all my hard work will be paid off. Aside from that, you will not worry about the cleanliness of the food and the ingredients that used to it.

8. klarus

klarus New Member

I don't mind cooking but I do love to be cooked for. My girlfriend, cooks our meals most of the time and shes pretty good at it! She keeps it simple and healthy, which I in turn love... since I get to eat more. She definitely knows the way to my heart! hahaha! (cringe)

9. writeside1

writeside1 Member

I like food to be cooked for me. I am a great foodie at heart. I don't find cooking easy and so it is a tough task for me. But, I liked to be served food to eat. I like to eat food prepared at home and sometimes I enjoy eating food at good restaurants also. I have less patience to cook food on my own and so it is boring activity for me.

10. kleanguy

kleanguy New Member

One thing I have noticed about myself is that I look healthier when I prepare my dish. I would try different recipes until I got a perfect delicacy and mostly I googled the nutrient value of the foodstuff I was going to use for the dish.

11. MiaManimbo

MiaManimbo New Member

As an HRM graduate, I personally love to cook. I discovered my cooking skills way back in high school when I used to cook dinner for my family. And now, my cooking skills are very useful because I have cooked food for other people specially my own family and in-laws. I am also planning to use my skills in putting up my own food business.

I also love to be cooked for because somehow, it makes me feel special. But other than that, I would rather be the one who's cooking because I wanted to discover new recipes and cooking techniques. And for me, cooking is fun! :)

12. jeremiahogaga

jeremiahogaga Member

I really do like cooking, its fun and your needs are met when you are in charge instead of being at the mercy cooks.

13. judie_rose

judie_rose New Member

Aaaahhh the never-ending cycle of cooking and eating.

Honestly, I prefer to be cooked for haha! But in life, especially for married people, should be based on the concept of give and take for a harmonious interaction. One must sometimes cook to be cooked for with joy.

I am not a fan of cooking per se, but I know I can cook well. I just don't like the tedious process of listing all the ingredients needed for a recipe, going to the market to purchase, preparing the meals for cooking, cooking and then setting up the table. But in the rare moments when I am in the mood for cooking, the food I prepare are delicious haha!

14. Willy1984

Willy1984 Member

For me these are the advantages of cooking at home. First, you can save money, eating and cooking homemade foods is usually much cheaper than eating at a restaurant. Second, you can save time, if will drive going to local store or at a restaurant it will consume a lot of time especially if the parking is full. Third, healthier ingredients, we can choose if what are the healthy ingredients we want for our food than in the restaurant we have no any idea if it the ingredients that they are serving are grew organic or not. Lastly portion control, the tendency if the serving is a lot we consume all the food that we ordered even though we knew it is too much already, unlike if we prepare food in our home we can control and limit what we intake.

15. anjie2288

anjie2288 Member

I want to cooked for someone but because i hate inions i would like to be cooked by someone then.. My husband is the one who cooked for me and for all of us.. And i am the one who will prepare all the ingredients that he needs base on his instructions though i am the woman he still prefers to cook for me. we are happy of our style..

16. khian

khian Member

in our house i am the one that cooked our food everyday ..i love cooking and i enjoy to preapare a meal fo my family and it my way to show my love for them.

17. crystal05

crystal05 New Member

I love to cook! I love to cook for my families and love ones. Cooking is a stress reliever to me. I love preparing the ingredients and making something not only will take my stress away, but eat some delicious, healthy, and clean food as well. Nothing beats the satisfaction of having something that you have just made and the compliments of others.

18. Inputss

Inputss New Member

I like cooking but I prefer someone cooking for me. It gives me a special feeling, sense of being appreciated. I can feel how they treasure me, my presence, my existence.

19. Kim_Maralit

Kim_Maralit New Member

Well for me, cooking would be better. I started as someone who doesn't know anything about doing stuffs in the kitchen. I always battled with the extremely hot cooking oil whenever I am frying something. But it's my determination that strived me to learn about cooking. It's really rewarding when someone had appreciated the food that you cooked. It's really overwhelming when you see them eating 'till their tummy's already full. And I think cooking is something that I will never get tired of doing especially it it is for my loved ones

20. Kim_Maralit

Kim_Maralit New Member

Well for me, cooking would be better. I started as someone who doesn't know anything about doing stuffs in the kitchen. I always battled with the extremely hot cooking oil whenever I am frying something. But it's my determination that strived me to learn about cooking. It's really rewarding when someone had appreciated the food that you cooked. It's really overwhelming when you see them eating 'till their tummy's already full. And I think cooking is something that I will never get tired of doing especially it it is for my loved ones

21. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:50 am

I like to cook because I want to let others eat my cooking products. I want to see their face with a smile when they feel my foods are tasty and good. I would feel happy when I see their smile and eating happily. Since those foods are being cooked by my hard, heart and love. I hope that they can feel it.

However, I do not like to clean and wash the dishes and tools. It is because those dishes and tools are oily and dirty. They are different to clean and wash.

Therefore, I always have the problem of cook and clean. I love cook, but I hate clean.

22. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

(S | E | F | I)
    Hello,
    I like cooking because I take pleasure in sharing what I make, and I like particularly making cakes for my colleagues.
    And you, do you like cooking ? Do you have your specialites ? Do you like trying new recipes or recipes from other countries ?
    Enjoy your meal !
    calvinc

23. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

bluegiraffeSenior Member
    Nottingham, England
    English - England
    You can use either "Do you like cooking?" or "Do you like to cook?" with no difference in meaning, however you can't say "Do you like cookig?" as that is not a word.

24. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

I like to cook because I want to let others eat my cooking products. I want to see their face with a smile when they feel my foods are tasty and good. I would feel happy when I see their smile and eating happily. Since those foods are being cooked by my hard, heart and love.

25. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Do you like cooking? Have you ever learned how to cook? Who does most of the cooking in your family? What kind of dishes can you cook?

26. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

[​IMG]

FOOD & DRINK
    The Very Real Psychological Benefits Of Cooking For Other People
    A little altruism can go a long way.
    By Julie R. Thomson
    07/17/2017 12:01 PM ET
    |
    Updated Oct 17, 2017
    In this fast-paced life, it’s hard to find the time to cook, especially if you’re feeding a family. Sure, baking for other people can be fun (and beneficial, it turns out), but cooking meals can feel more like a chore. People are always looking for ways to make it easier to fit cooking into their busy schedules, and that’s why the popularity of easy recipes like one-pot dinners, sheet pan meals and two-ingredient recipes has soared.

Easy recipes can help, but maybe what we’ve been missing all this time is some real inspiration. Because it turns out that cooking, especially when done for others, comes with some positive psychological benefits. And these positive effects could be enough to get us into the kitchen.

27. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Cornbread, Blueberry Cobbler and Vanilla Ice cream. At the end I was exhausted and my husband asked me why I do it....well, I love it! Yes, I could have had a potluck but for this particular day, I WANTED to do it all....I love to cook for my family and do it quite often. So which do you prefer? Cooking or being cooked for? Is it a control issue to sometimes just want to do it all so you have full control of the menu?

28. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Easy recipes can help, but maybe what we’ve been missing all this time is some real inspiration. Because it turns out that cooking, especially when done for others, comes with some positive psychological benefits. And these positive effects could be enough to get us into the kitchen.

29. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Performing an act for another human being, like cooking for them, is a form of altruism. And altruism can make people feel happy and connected to others.

“There’s a tremendous amount of confidence-boosting and self-esteem boosting, performing an act like cooking for others,” explained Julie Ohana, a licensed masters clinical social worker and culinary art therapist. “And that’s part of what lends itself to those psychological effects about being able to do something that you feel really good about.”

But when it comes to cooking there’s this other element of actually feeding someone, which is necessary for survival, that comes into play. Cooking for others is nurturing, it is sustenance, it is helping keep them alive.

30. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Do You Like Cooking by Yourself or With Others?

by Emma Christensen

March 6th, 2009

[​IMG]
    Image Credit: Apartment Therapy
    It seems that most home cooks we know tend to be solo flyers. We might occasionally cook a romantic dinner with our honey or invite friends over for an afternoon of pasta-making, but when it comes to the day-to-day cooking, we're happiest working on our own. Is this true for you?