Do you like to cook or be cooked for?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Adele, Jul 25, 2013.

1. DavidD-QNui

DavidD-QNui New Member

For me its the same as you dear Adèle, I love cooking.
    Am a man but since I was a kid i was cooking with my mother. She teached me how to cook french bread, pizzas, desserts, cakes and a lot of other things and i kept the cooking passion from that time.
    Then when i went to University on sundays i was always trying new recipies and inviting my friend over for a get together.
    It was a good way to have feedbacks on how it tasted even if i know that friends are often to soft on feedbacks because they dont want to hurt you saying your food was not so great.

2. JM5

JM5 New Member

When I was a bachelor I had no choice. I had to do it myself. I learned to prepare quick ‘yummy fixes’. But when I got married I started to enjoy my wives meals especially chapatis. I guess I got a bit relaxed because I now enjoy being cooked for rather than doing it myself.

3. fordhamgirl914

fordhamgirl914 New Member

Honestly, I would like for someone to cook for me. The process, the time, the clean up etc is a nightmare for me. If I do make something, it has to be a quick smoothie or a 5 min meal.

4. Kinsy

Kinsy New Member

I personally enjoy cooking, but sometimes it would be nice if I didn't have to cook.
    Why can't eating just be optional, am I right? haha.
    Speaking of which, it's nearly time to eat again.

5. chdz42

chdz42 New Member

It depends really. I enjoy cooking and baking, although, baking is much easier than cooking. When I cook for my family, I usually cook something simple, such as eggs, rice, or pasta. Half the time its good, half the time its bad. Either way, it's fun to try a new recipe or cook for people. But, while I do enjoy cooking, there is no better feeling in the world than coming home from a long day at school or work to a nice hot meal made with love by my parents. So I definitely have to give it to being cooked for as being better.

6. Deeyhan

Deeyhan New Member

I prefer to choose cooked for me since im not good In cooking. Some people really blessed, they know how to cooked and their cooked foods tasted really good!! If I cook, sometimes It ends up too salty, too sweet, too bitter and too plane.. So I prefer someone will cook for me. Girls really love being served especially when the servants is their love.

7. myturkmen

myturkmen New Member

I like cooking because one can think and relax while doing it. Also, I'm really good at cooking meat stuff.

8. Remziel

Remziel Member

I love to cook for my self and also for my family.

9. rinnezerah

rinnezerah New Member

I like to eat a lot but I don't know how to cook so I like to be cooked for. It also makes me feel loved because someone puts an effort just to cook for me. I know that cooking takes a lot of time and effort that is why I really appreciate and very much love it when someone cooks for me.

10. JPAN18

JPAN18 Member

I do love both since I love eating and cooking too.

11. hunkmenlordy

hunkmenlordy New Member

i like to cook as a couple. my husband and I both love to cook, and we love to get into the kitchen together.one of us is preparing the meal,the other just hang out in the kitchen, and we’ll talk about everything under the sun while the food is cooking.My husband will even watch Food Network with me and actually be interested in what they’re cooking.When you’ve both put in the effort, it gives such a sense of satisfaction to share a meal together, and it doesn’t hurt to be able to compliment each other’s cooking to get the feel-good mood just right.

12. camillephuggins

camillephuggins New Member

I do prefer to cook for my family. Cooking is one of my passion. It helps me feel appreciated every time I cooked for my family and they love it. I usually cook vegetables, pork, and chicken dishes for my family. I also make sure that the food that I will serve is nutritious food as I want all the members of the family to stay healthy. I can say that cooking for my family is one of my way to show them how much I love and value them. I want to cook delicious food for them to make them happy.

13. jlynjanz

jlynjanz Member

i love cooking a lot,searching different types of recipes is a challenge when you do it and when you fulfill that it turn out to delicious menu that is a fulfillment experience. Cooking is a passion its not about you just cook a certain menu and when you finished it you did not mind how was it or is it taste good. Cooking is a happiness for me when i cook step by step its like you are in your comfort zone you feel more relax ,the excitement is there. Cooking is how you express you emotions,sometimes it define your mood or it define your personality. Sometimes when we feel sad ,we cook because cooking makes us feel better ,the food make us feel loved ,it gives us satisfaction and smile.

14. cmll21

cmll21 New Member

If I will choose between the two, I will choose the first one, I like to cook. My mom taught me how to cook different dishes at a young age. I grew up watching my mom cook dishes for our family. Now that I'm grown up, I want to be one who will cook for them. Surprisingly, they all love the foods that I cook for them. Seeing them happy whenever I cook for them also makes me happy. Cooking food for my family is one of my way of showing how much I love them. Also, I want to make sure that everything that they eat is delicious and nutritious.

15. Sharmaineggt

Sharmaineggt New Member

Food for me is your disposition in life. What you eat is what you perceive and become in life. I would choose someone cooked for me. It's on how I assess that person think about me and that way makes me realize my importance and value as a person. I'm blessed having someone that cooks me heavenly taste food everyday I can certainly distinguish quality and inferior, I become wealthy compare to others whenever I eat something made out from great standard and effort.

16. jyousey

jyousey New Member

I think it really depends on the day. I love cooking. It helps me relieve stress (usually). It helps me control how healthy my meals are for both myself and my family. I have been known to be a bit of a picky eater so if I cook, then I know it's going to be something I will eat.

However, there are times when I've had a long day. I'm tired and the last thing I want to do is cook anything. On those days, I don't mind if my husband cooks. I also don't mind ordering food either. If we want something cooked on the grill, I'm am all for my husband taking care of that. After all, he calls himself the "Grill Master".

I also enjoy having meals with friends and other family as well. This past weekend we had dinner with my parents and brothers. Thankfully this time, my dad did not grill anything. He overcooks everything and dries it out, but I"m not one to argue about a free meal.

17. Minnzy

Minnzy New Member

When I was a little watching my Mom cook our favorite dishes was really inspired me to try out and learn more how to cook. I like to cook for my family now because I love the idea of spoiling them with my specialty and of course I will never worry about them for having a bad tummy. Hearing their compliments and praises motivates me to cook even better and come up with a new recipes on my menu. I am not an expressive person but cooking is my way to express my love and I will never get tired cooking for my love ones.

18. leodavid09

leodavid09 Member

I learned how to cook since I was a kid so now I cook for my family. I'm quite an average cook though and I haven't learn baking.

19. Khim18

Khim18 New Member

Sometimes we buy and eat cooked by others but if I have a free time for cooking,I want to cook by myself.I want to cook because it makes me happy especially if my husband and my son love it.It makes me feel proud and happy for myself.

20. mariebernadette

mariebernadette New Member

I want to cook but I want to be cooked for better. Well, who wouldn't want to kust laze around and do anything you want and then when you feel hungry food is already for you, no need to prepare and no need to clean up after cooking, right? But sometimes, it is also fulfilling to receive nice compliments regarding the food that I cooked, it motivates me to cook more good food.

21. jinghongzhang

jinghongzhang New Member

Oh I cook all the time. I like to keep my body in my own control rather than putting it to someone else's hand. As a body builder and fitness enthusiast, I like to balance my diet by appropriate nutrition intake incorporating with my daily training. Plus, for me, cooking is a process of a lot of funs!

22. snesz08

snesz08 Member

Cooking is my passion. I love cooking for my family because I feel like I'm serving for them and it makes me happy. But I don't stop that because I wanna learn more and try new recipes.

23. dtortal71

dtortal71 New Member

When I have time I do enjoy cooking at home. I feel like it’s therapy for me and when I cook for the family I enjoy watching them eat what I have made. It brings out my creative side as well.