Do You Love Your Work?

Discussion in 'Nonfiction Writing' started by Roslyn, Aug 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Roslyn

Roslyn New Member

If you have given the opportunity to be part of the team, 'Postloop', don't waste it instead enjoy it, love it and be thankful for it. If still haven't got the rating just like me just go with the flow, enjoy the process, sooner or later you will be notice.

It is difficult to find great opportunity nowadays even if you have the qualifications as competition is very stiff. Apply in private company or government sector where you like to stay for good because you believe in its principles, vision and mission rather than transferring from one to another habitually, because it would mean another adjustment - new environment, new culture, new policy, new standard and new people to work with. Do not stay because of high salary or whatever fringe benefits but because you are happy, secured and fulfilled.

I don't raise the expectation, but I will exert every effort to reach the qualifications to have a good rate.
    THANK YOU POSTLOOP...Lovelots:love:

1 person likes this.
  2. JepoyBadua25

JepoyBadua25 Member

I work as a DJ here in Manila, and I love what I am doing, I go to different Clubs to share my Music and I am happy every time I see the crowd like the songs I am playing. For me DJ is my passion. More gigs more fun.

3. ayobobo

ayobobo New Member

I absolutely love my job. I'm a PhD candidate and even though the salary isn't great, the opportunity to freely explore and test different ideas whilst still guaranteed a monthly income is something invaluable. Before enrolling for my masters degree I had a job at a consumer goods company. I didn't last 3 months before I quit. I knew back then that I could only thrive in a research job and 3 years after quitting, I ended up in a PhD position. Writing comes to me fairly easily and Postloop seems like a decent way to make a little money while I allow my hands to type out my thoughts.

4. gconcha

gconcha New Member

I am currently unemployed right now so I will be speaking about my past work. I was part of the housekeeping department in one of the companies in the UAE. It could have been a good job but I thought I was doing a dead end job. I loved it at first, but there came a time that I was not happy about it anymore. The job was okay, but I felt like I wasn't going anywhere. There was no chance for advancement, no cross training for a a different position whatsoever, not even a chance for a raise. I finally decided that I need to resign or else I would lose my mind because I had the feeling that I was dragging myself to work every single day. I did not like that. I wanted to go to work energized, happy and looking forward for another workday but it wasn't what I was feeling anymore. I quit and went back to the Philippines and right now I am looking for new opportunities. I have high hopes that I will be working in a place who values its employees. I am also glad that I was able to find Postloop so that I can earn something, while doing something I love which is writing.

5. Prachipriya

Prachipriya New Member

To be honest, the love for my work is only there until it is treating me fairly and compensating me in the same proportion as per my work. That's the main reason, I have always felt that the specialization of the course in my college would only take me so far and get me into a reputed company, but after that whether I stayed in the same field or not was totally as per the new opportunities I saw and grabbed, no matter if it was a different line of work than I was used to.

If I may tell you about how my professional career turned out to be, then it started from Aerospace Engineering, then moved to modelling and simulation and now I am a program manager. So, as I mentioned before, the love is there until I feel I am paid well and given due respect as well. Once I feel the absence of any of the above two things, I switch to a new role. It’s not easy to get out of your comfort zone, and keep doing this forever, but then as you might know, love can happen twice, right?

6. DreddZ

DreddZ New Member

As for me, I can't say really that I love my work. But I love the company and the bosses because they treat you like you're a family and of course I won't say that I'm being compensated poorly because that's not the case.

My current job is not my first job. I was previously connected with another company. I loved the people that I was working with there and I can say that working was really fun. There was never a day where I can't wait to report for work because I can't wait to see may co-workers. I really had fun there and I can say that I was in a second family. But the management is not that great and the compensation is not very high either thus my reason for transferring because let's admit it money still matters plus I was offered a higher compensation.

In my current job, I won't say it's not fulfilling because in a way I am able to help people. And the reason I'm still there is because of my bosses and I have a hard time resigning because they might get disappointed in me. But I know that I should start making decision very soon. I know it's just a matter of going out in your comfort zone and go to you courage zone. I have a plan of putting up a small business and try to find work online for another income.

Love for work is a decision. You decide if you want to quit or decide to stay with it. It's just a matter of decision.

7. No! But I have to. Cause of the rate where I currently work ,is higher than my passion.

8. kreizett

kreizett New Member

I think this train of thought is okay, provided two conditions are met:
    1) You do not hate the job.
    2) You are not planning on doing it long-term (short-term work you don't love is fine; but if you start committing years of your time to a job you don't like, then you are literally wasting your time).

Life is too short for us to spend our time on things we don't love. True, you'll never love 100% of your work. That's impossible since there are always certain areas about your work that you'll find either tedious or irritating. But as long as you love about 80% of what you do, IMHO you're set,

9. jevis665

jevis665 New Member

I mean yeah , although Im just new here in postloop still got hyped me up like writing my ideas, posting your thoughts which is i love to do, making more lit because u can earn something just doing what you love, so i can tell you that i love my work which is postloop. But sooner I will pursue my dreams and achieve it all I have a big high hopes on my self man postloop so lit. Pray guys that I will advice my dreams and me advices of daily routine in life peace out.