Do you research the meaning of KPOP songs or just listen to it even when you don't understand?

Discussion in 'Music' started by clarisseblogs, Nov 8, 2018.

1. clarisseblogs

clarisseblogs New Member

No, I don't bother myself finding out the meaning of the lyrics. I listen to KPOP songs even when I don't understand it. In fact, their music is my mood booster every morning so I only listen to upbeat songs. Add to that, KPOP singers and groups have a distinct charisma. I find them all cute and the lyrics don't matter anymore.

2. SaraJenn1

SaraJenn1 New Member

I speak for myself as a fellow listener to this genre when I say that I indeed research the meaning behind the lyrics. I take time out of my day to find out the message the artist is trying to portray because I know many put their heart and soul in to their lyrics, which is why they want to become artists in the first place. I do try my best with every song I like, but it's hard to connect with some lyrics when it's obvious companies just wants to mass produce more songs from certain groups. I am not going to drop names or bash anyone, everyone has their own opinion, but I must say I am for sure not the only one that thinks this way.
    Albeit looking up the lyrics to songs, I don't have the best memory in the world so I do often forget what the song is about. I can remember certain phrases or so but by not being fluent in Korean it makes it hard to remember the meaning of every single song downloaded on to my phone, which is more than five hundred for sure. So even if I do put effort in to searching the meaning behind the songs, that doesn't mean I can't jam out to it when I forgot the meaning, sometimes it's all about the beat or the melody and that's all you need.

3. lavitabrea

lavitabrea New Member

Maybe i listen to kpop not even knowing that im listening to kpop.