Do you still watch cartoons?

Discussion in 'Television' started by owlwright, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly New Member

I watched cartoons well into my twenties without ever considering them a guilty pleasure. I can still catch some of the old Warner Brothers Cartoons every once in a while on Facebook. I still look for some of the newer Marvel or DC animated features on Netflix and Youtube.
  2. zuzo55

zuzo55 New Member

Oh yes! Cartoons are what I live for! I believe you're never too old to be watching them. I am a babysitter and sometimes I find myself watching some of they favourite cartoons with even more interest than they do.
    I do agree that cartoons are still great. I love "The amazing world of Gumball" and "Adventure Time", but most of all - "Spongebob Squarepants". Who dosen't like our good, old, smiling spongey? ;) Am I the only one singing with the captain at the beggining of each episode? :oops:
  3. yup im still inlove with cartoons
  4. reyrey13

reyrey13 New Member

I will never grow tired watching cartoons! I am 26 years old now and whenever I get hold of the TV's remote control, expect a long hours of cartoon shows. At this age, I still love to watch Tom and Jerry, Ben 10, Justice League, Spongebob and many more. I love the humor and actions. It gives me the chance to escape reality for a while and revisit my childhood.
  5. musawar

musawar New Member

I still watch cartoons because they feel me happy.
  6. quin29315

quin29315 New Member

Watching cartoons was one of my childhood memory. But until now, I used to watched them most especially Tom and Jerry, Mickey Mouse, and a lot more. I'm an adult now and I love watching them though not most of the time.
  7. Sandip Pan

Sandip Pan New Member

I'm a 26 year old guy and I still watch cartoons and anime. There are certain characters who have inspired me time and again when I've given up all hope. Example is Ash from Pokemon and Goku from DBZ . It has happened to me many times that people made fun of me for still watching cartoons.

One incident which happened in class 10 when I topped board exams unexpectedly. I was asked about my inspiration. I told it was Ash from pokemon who inspired me to never give up , everyone laughed and made fun saying how can I be inspired from a cartoon character.
  8. Anastasija

Anastasija New Member

YES i am 21 and i love to watch Cartoon Network especially when I lie down to sleep
  9. bill900

bill900 New Member

Without a doubt I still do but it really depends with the genre. I tend to like cartoons that focus more on family life like Family guy, The proud family and Fatherhood. As much as I love cartoons am not really into those with action scenes like Ben 10.
  10. martray434

martray434 New Member

Yes! I'm 24 still cartoons are really entertaining and can decrease the level of your stress but make sure to watch those shows that you are interested with. It can take away problems for a while, make you laugh and the best way to do watching cartoon films is being with your nieces.
  11. morecules

morecules New Member

Yes I still watch cartoons, because it does have any age limit. People usually say that they dont watch cartoon, and they also incouraging me to stop watching because they believed that they are old for that kind of stuff.

Watching some old cartoons like Mickey Mouse Club House gives me nostalgic. It takes me back to my childhood and the happy memories i have built with my childhood friends.

Cartoons is not just for kids or children, anyone can watch it as long as no one is forcing you.
  12. ana22

ana22 New Member

Not as much as I used to when I was younger. My taste had gravitated towards more "serious" subject matters and still watch shows like Bojack Horseman which is in animated form. I still watch some Spongebob and Amazing World of Gumball whenever I see it on tv but I don't follow it like my regular shows.
  13. cleoclara

cleoclara New Member

I love cartoons. My daughter is only 5, so I'm always watching kids cartoons all day long anyway! I am a bit of a kid at heart, and I love all of the Disney stuff still. I'm not into the action cartoons so much, however I love the fun cartoons like Mickey Mouse, Tom and Jerry and more of the classics.
  14. Aeron Joe

Aeron Joe New Member

I still love cartoons! I can list many cartoons that I have watched from my childhood like Danny Phantom, Kim Possible, Winx Club, Totally Spies, etc. of course I started with cartoons like tom and jerry and spongebob. But as time pass by these cartoon may not be enough to satisfy my craving for cartoons. Thankfully, Cartoons evolve and become better than the last. Right now I watch Rick and Morty, The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Adventure Times and many other cartoons. Well that is to be expected to cartoons to continue to have profits on their end and continue to entertain many people.
  15. fathusername

fathusername New Member

I watch anime and I love cartoon. I used to when I was younger, but these days I only watch animated movies from Disney or Pixar, like Tangled or Kung Fu Panda. I also occasionally watch some anime if it's good, which means I stay away from most mainstream stuff and only pick the more mature-oriented movies like Sword of the Stranger, Jin-Roh or Perfect Blue. Those anime movies are often more intelligent than cartoons.

I see nothing shameful in it.
  16. daryl2114

daryl2114 New Member

Yes, I still watch cartoons. The cartoon movies that I watch are Kick Buttowski & Phineas and Ferb. I watch Kick Buttowski because he is a daredevil like me, who always wanted to pull a stunt. Also I watch Phineas and Ferb because I'm to amazed by both of them that I'm wandering what if someone like them do exist.
  17. Sherry Hardin

Sherry Hardin New Member

Yes, I still like to watch cartoons. Especially with my three year old son, it is a special time together. I like to be able to show him older cartoons that we got to watch growing up. It is nice to still be able to enjoy the simple things in life sometimes.
  18. ajwise123

ajwise123 New Member

I have to admit that I indeed still watch cartoons. I grew up on cartoons. I've been watching cartoons for as long as I can remember. Although I am a grown adult now, I never lost interest in cartoons. I absolutely love the animations of a lot of cartoons.
  19. Christian Aguilar

Christian Aguilar New Member

I'm 17 yrs old and I do still enjoy watching specific cartoons, at my leisure, that is. Tom and Jerry and Spongebob are some of my personal favorites. I also enjoy Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Rugrats.
  20. wgchild

wgchild New Member

I love cartoons! Watching Saturday morning cartoons was such a treat when I was growing up. They made getting up early, without the necessity of going to school, a well-rewarded exercise.

I still watch cartoons. I recently purchased the original, first season of Scooby-Doo. I have also recently viewed "Star Trek: The Animated Series" and all 173 episodes of "Ghostbusters". I grew up watching Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Yogi Bear and Speedy Gonzales and I still enjoy them but, given the choice, I tend to watch cartoons that were more popular during my teen to young adult years.
  21. xtine1101

xtine1101 New Member

Yes I do still watch cartoons.
    I know that I'm a young adult already but the small little kid in me still knocks into my heart to watch cartoons. Since the joy that I can get in cartoons is far different from more matured and sophisticated tv shows. It helps me relax and think in a childish way like there's only fun and no more problems in front of you. Cartoons can also be an outlet in escaping the real world for a short time. Therefore, whether your still a child, young, or even old enough? I do believe that age doesn't matter in watching cartoons.
  22. Marvin05

Marvin05 New Member

Yes I still watch cartoons whenever I have free time to consume. As a kid a grew up watching cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory,Scooby-doo Where are you!,The Powerpuff Girl and many more. But know I dont watch cartoon series I just watch cartoon movies now that I am old with my child.
  23. jhayc06

jhayc06 New Member

Yes, At my age of 24. I still watch cartoons. You know why?, Because I enjoy watching cartoons like Spongebob Square pants this cartoon is so Funny at all Because of Spongebob and Patrick. Their conversation is so funny and how he acts and also their voice. and in this cartoons you learned about life, like how to be a good person, a good friends and how to respect in others that's why i like this cartoons show. and if i have a children i told to my child to watch this cartoons. I also watch teletubbies when i was a kid haha this cartoons was so very funny too. I continues to watch cartoons even if i grew older and older.
  24. eliza83

eliza83 New Member

Ofcourse...When i watch cartoons with my son i feel my childhood time is back..
  25. kpretomazi

kpretomazi New Member

I love watching cartoons. Tom and Jerry is my favorite.
    Ruminatress likes this.
  26. Ruminatress

Ruminatress New Member

Rick and Morty is considered an adult-targeted animated series but it's still cartoons. My type of cartoons, that is.
    I liked to think I've graduated from watching cartoons but then again, we all started with Tom and Jerry. So whenever there's re-runs or videos of them in the internet, I still find myself glued to the screen.
  27. ItsJess

ItsJess New Member

Cartoons are SO nostalgic to me. I'll watch them when I'm feeling sad or sick because that nostalgia factor makes them comforting. I'll watch anything from disney movies (I'm listening to the Tarzan soundtrack as I type this) to Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, or even Boomerang shows.

I went through a phase of trying to make it through all 800+ episodes of Pokemon while studying my freshman year of college. I'd split screen my homework and the show. I didn't fully pay attention to the cartoon, which was perfect. It was nice, upbeat background noise that I could stop and watch for a little bit without getting too absorbed in the show, while still being able to look away and work more. Now that I talk about this, I might keep up my endeavor, I think I stopped around episode 300!
  28. Creashia

Creashia New Member

Yes! I still watch cartoon I mean who doesnt?. Growing as a kid I always love watching cartoons like Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo,Where Are You!,and lastly SpongeBob SquarePants.I enjoy watching this cartoon series but now that I am growen up I prefer watching cartoon movies like UP, Frozen, Despicable Me and many more.
  29. Regina K Johnson

Regina K Johnson New Member

I will not reveal my age but yes, I still watch cartoons. My favorite of all time is The Flintstones!
  30. Stax11

Stax11 New Member

I love watching cartoons because of my nephew who loves cartoons and keeps on asking questions as the program goes on so i keep him company and try to answer all the questions.