Do you think cellphones and tablets are good to children?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by michpiong, Mar 13, 2019.

1. michpiong

michpiong Member

Do you think cellphones and tablets are good to children?

2. Jeahan08

Jeahan08 Member

Depends on what purposes. If tablet is for educational but of course you must give time limit for it.

3. MarcFrancis

MarcFrancis New Member

Yeah, that's right, as long as you can monitor your child/children when he/she is using a device. You can also modify the settings of your internet so that your children can not access any prohibited websites such as "Adult sites".

4. chillea

chillea New Member

Yes, such gadgets are good for the children, but it is the parents’ responsibility to control the kids to avoid abuse. Many kids nowadays are already wearing prescription glasses with very high grades not due to inherited optha conditions, but because of the frequent exposure to gadget monitors.

5. patreng

patreng New Member

For me, children below 10 yrs old should not have an access to any gadgets at all. Technology is getting more advance and parents can't monitor their children 24/7. There are no limits when it comes to internet and technology. Let us not teach children to stay at home just tapping at their phones/tablets. Let them play outside and make friends.

6. Joel2019

Joel2019 Member

Well. it depends on how you manage your gadgets for your children. It will cause them a lot of negative and serious effects when not attended properly. Many kids these days are not anymore attentive to their parents because of such dependence on gadgets. There's a lot of fun games inside it of course. One thing is radiation, children put their face really near the gadget screens and it is receiving large effects of radiation that can cause cancer forming diseases. But not all issues with gadgets are negative, we can always use it as an educational tool for our children based on their needs. I have a son, I let him use the gadget but since his still about 2 years old, I let him use it with guidance. He learned the alphabet song because of it, and many other things that is good to him... After using the gadget, We then both play outside, it's one of the sweetest thing that your children needs, it's your presence.

7. aycee21

aycee21 New Member

Well, it depends on the purpose your child will be using their gadgets like cellphones and tablets. if it for researching and studying its good but if it's more on games and youtube I think it's not appropriate.

8. BigEyes

BigEyes Member

well for me it depends on how long they are using those gadgets.Just like my daughter has her own gadgets but she's not allowed to use it on school days.She can use her tablet for doing some research but not for games.and I let her play educational games on her Tablet too.and I even teach her to earn points by just reading news in Snippet Media using her Tablet.

9. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

No they are not! Because at their age they need to experience life without gadgets they can still play outside doors enjoy sinole things in life and it helps them make friends they can learn so many things that they cannot learn from the gadget.

10. No! Sometimes you must have limit, using gadgets to your children, specially if they are only playing video games. it will make them more addicted, not eating their meal at the exact time. they become more aggressive. you should teach them how to use gadget in a good way like, if they have home works or school activity they can use cellphone and tablets to search their assignments. you must monitor, guide and teach them always.

11. sanangelo

sanangelo New Member

Remember that cell phone and tablet radiation can cause cancer. No doubt, wifi radiations are very bad for human health because this may reason of headache, stress and more.

12. Techpro

Techpro New Member

Yes . It's good for educational purposes only and we must use some kind of blocker to block those inopriate stuff and cell phone radiation can cause cancer but it's not good for us too we must keep them out our beds because even under the pillow it can hert you .
    Some companies produce cell phone cases that blocks radiation from going out but it blocks WiFi and Bluetooth.

13. janeabiquibil

janeabiquibil New Member

I personally think no. While the children are still below 10yrs old, I think they have to learn to play outside rather than playing on gadgets. At this age, this is a crucial stage of growing up for a child thus he/should experience connect with other people in person rather than behind the screen. You can also let your child listen to videos through dvd players, tvs so that you can supervise what they watch.

1 person likes this.
  14. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

For me kids under age of 10 years electronic gadgets are not advocated for so I disagree.

15. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

Children don't particularly need high-end mobile phones. Even low price mobile phones are a great pick for kids. One of the most important advantages of smartphone for children is that it is a great way for kids to improve their knowledge. Almost all the latest mobile phones offer access to the internet.

16. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

I don't prefer my child to use cellphones or tablets at an early age. They might get addicted to it and they might not able to communicate or play with other children outside. Plus I am aware about the momo challenge and my children might play that game on cellphones so I don't prefer it. I prefer doing the old style of raising children. Teach them to go outside and socialize with other children, read fantasy-based story books and teach them the basics of math and english.

17. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

Good message! Totally agree with you :)

18. Kiyen96

Kiyen96 Member

I think no because teachers in schools are complaining of increasing indiscipline in class ever since young children started bringing mobile phones and tablets to class. According to these teachers students who bring cell phones and tablets to school talk on the phone or tablets during class and send messages. They do not pay attention and play on their cell phones and tablets during class hours. They thus miss out on lessons being taught and fall behind the other students. Their entire concentration is on the mobile phone and tablets, and not on their studies. The teachers say that students with mobile phones and tablets are uninterested in studies during class hours. Their attention is more on the mobile phone and tablets rather than on the blackboard.

19. ewi102

ewi102 Member

its depends how you restrict the app that the children is using example is youtube and browser.there things on those app that are not suitable for children.

20. talagirl

talagirl Member

Nope, cellphones and tablets are no good to children, especially on early age. Some of the parents gave in to their children's tantrums by letting them use cellphones/tablets just for the sake of holding up their emotions, and I don't think that's a good parenting skills. The parents should know how to discipline their children, they are the superior ones and not them.