Do you think that being contented is happiness?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ranieerikasuba, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Do you think that being contented is happiness?

2 people like this.
  2. BigEyes

BigEyes Member

Yes,being contented is happiness.It involves appreciating the things u have and enjoy it than wishing things you can't have.

3. snesz08

snesz08 Member

Yes! I am always thankful for what I have. there is a times, I cannot buy what I want, but I always think that I have what I need. I appreciate things and people around me. happiness for me is not about material things, but being contented is true happiness.

4. michpiong

michpiong Member

Yes! I believe that being contented is a happiness. Being contented in life means you don't need anything because all you already have what you want. Having all you want means you are satisfied. When we are satisfied, means we are happy enough. For me, all I need is a simple life with my loved ones.
    upload_2019-3-22_14-30-56.png

5. eyahserrano

eyahserrano New Member

Yes, because if you are not contented on what you have or where you at right now, I believe you won't be happy and look for options to reach or to achieve the things where you will be contented. The moment you reached it, then that's when you'd be happy.

6. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

Yes i think so because if we learned how to be contented we can be happy even in such a little things and we tend to appreciate everything that we have.

7. Twinklebisnar

Twinklebisnar Member

Yes because you will appreciate the things you have and it will make you happy. You will not look for the things that you don't have. You will not feel insecure to others. Being contented will make you happy because you are satisfied with what you have.

8. snesz08

snesz08 Member

Yes! you appreciate what you have. you value things. you are not complaining for not having what you want but what you need. you give smile to other people to show that you are contented and happy.

9. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

Yes, being contented with what we are and accept from who we are while in a natural state of being, we will be happy because nowadays, people find their pursuit of happiness in luxurious things which is expensive and can drain our energy to feel the temporary effects of happiness. This can drain our energy finding the pursuit of happiness in here and we will not have more energy to find which really matters for our happiness. But by being contented, we will have more energy to things that gives us real happiness like travelling, visiting your parents or your grandparents, doing the things that you love or anything that gives you real happiness and these things cannot be bought by money and time.

10. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Definitely yes. When you reach the level where you feel that you finally attained everything that you want or you found what is lacking in your life, then you can say that you are happy and that brings contentment. Being comes with satisfying a need in you. When you are content, you are happy.

11. gwenmariecar

gwenmariecar New Member

Yes. Nothing certain in this world and nothing is perfect. So what you can do is just be contented of what you are, what you have and accept that you can't have everything that you want in this world. But don't stop trying until you get to the point that you accept being truly happy with contentment.

12. Dledg

Dledg Member

No content for me is not happiness that’s just what you can get from a bad medium situation

13. leidelacueva

leidelacueva New Member

Yes, indeed it is. There's nothing in this world that can make you happy but being content in what you have. Being contented is like making you do not want anything else, the fact that you already have everything you need to be happy.
    Contentment let us feel like we're more than just enough of yourself, being free from the insecurities, it's more like peaceful ease of mind. The fact that there's nothing else that can make us happy but having peace of mind.

14. kirbycorpin02

kirbycorpin02 Member

[​IMG]

Happiness is being contented with what you have. A satisfied life is better than a successful life. Success is measured by others, but our satisfaction is measured by our own soul, mind and heart. It is about being real, being humble, being strong, and being able to share our lives to touch others. It is only then that we could have a full, happy and contented life. Happiness isn't about getting what you want all the time. It's about loving what you have and being grateful for it.

15. emax2000

emax2000 Member

Yes,being contented is the path to true happiness.

16. Ken Templin

Ken Templin New Member

17. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

Yes, i believe that being contented is happiness. Because what can you asked for. Your are now contented in your life and that means your are happy in your life right now.
    Like me, there's nothing more i could asked for i have a good a smart kids and loving and hard working husband. Yeah we have not enough money but i did not measured it with that. Because i am happy with the time i spend with them. Just looking at them specially my kids make me feel contented and happy in life.

18. Teambits

Teambits New Member

Actually from my own perspective I can say that it depends with each and everyones definition of happiness.Like for me happiness is when am highly succesful in every field of my expertise

19. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

for me yes, being contented are avoiding many problem,...

20. Zyrylrago

Zyrylrago Member

If you are contented about your life instead of whining about your problems, why won’t you feel happy? Happiness is up to you, not up to your problems. It is you who will decide if you want to be happy, or if you want to feel sad and just stay in your room. So, yes. You’ll definitely feel happy.

21. CherryMae1821

CherryMae1821 New Member

Yes it is ! Being contented now a days is a true definition of love for me. When everyone is busy talking, liking and seeing beautiful girls in social media. The temptation is highly increase than before. You can only count on your fingers the man who are truly faithful with their woman. But if a man is truly committed and contented on you. He only see you as the best. For him their NO OTHER SEXY OR BEAUTIFUL GIRLS who compare to you. In his eyes your flaws is the definition of PERFECTION. He will love you with all of his heart. And being contented will make you truly happy through ups and down.

22. yetyet

yetyet Member

Happiness is just a state of mind so with contentment. Being contented with what life gives and offer brings happiness. Asking for more in everything will make us feel insecure and demanding which is not healthy for our living. Be contented and always prepare for surprises, happiness is always there and gives you peaceful sleep at night because you know everything goes well and you're very thankful for what's going on. For me contentment is the synonyms of happiness.

23. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

Yes. How can you be happy (truly) if you're not contented. Say, you have all the things you like, you can buy anything, but you can't reconcile with friend you lost. You're not contented with that kind if life, aren't ya?