Do you use Youtube to learn things?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Danielle R. Gonçalves, Jan 22, 2018.

1. jilibido

jilibido Member

Youtube is more of a visual aid that's interactive! So, to answer your question my reply will have to be a definite YES. Going back to my definition of what YouTube is, I could say that it is interactive in a sense that, you can get in touch with the uploader of the video clip and give him or her a piece of your mind. Like perhaps, inform him or her of your feedback or share additional information regarding the video that the uploader posted. I am very thankful to the brains and brawns behind the creation of YouTube. I have learned and discovered a lot of stuff simply by tapping on a video clip. It's YouTube that made me come to know the wonders that baking soda could do to your health and it's also through YouTube that I found out the magic Rebecca Louise could teach you on how to make your legs thinner! Whenever I have neck pains, I just seek advice from the wholesome twosome tandem of geniuses namely Mr. Bob Schrupp and Mr. Brad Heineck. And Dr. Mandell also gave me amazing techniques to relieve my muscle pains. Countless Hacks and DIY's could make anyone's day right! So, for me, YouTube is not just a teacher, it's more of a reliable best friend!

2. evequicho

evequicho Member

Yeah, Youtube is a powerful tool . We can learn so many things. It is suitable at all ages.

3. moemen55

moemen55 Member

I can't deny that I learned a lot of things from YouTube. there are free courses and a lot of couches there. but, Udemy is free site have good content too.

4. Michael1478

Michael1478 New Member

YouTube is a really powerful tool for learning if you know how to use it properly. Funny cat or dog videos will not make you learn something. For me, the topics I enjoy watching is hiking tips, exercise tips and similar content. Also there are good guides for learning coding and useful life tips like how to tie a tie.:)

5. missmelon17

missmelon17 Member

Yes I do use youtube for educational purposes. I just feel like i can learn things better when I can hear and see the things that I wanted to learn. For instance, the youtube channel CrashCourse have helped me a lot in my academics. Especially in college where professors won't spoon feed you anymore and you (most of the time) need to learn your lessons at your own.

Some other youtube channels that I have followed not only entertained me but also taught me lessons about life even if it is taught in a very subtle way.

Youtube had helped me in my academics, in my 'kaartehan sa feslak' (beauty), my mental health, and with life in general.

6. wkndroyal

wkndroyal Member

Yes. You can get so much information from watching pertinent videos on youtube for whatever it may be that you are looking to learn about. I find that watching an actual demonstration of a certain process for example cooking, helps you commit the actual steps better to memory because of the visual aid than just reading the steps on paper. When reading the steps, there are times you will have to use your imagination for things that you have just come across the first time if you are not sure about what they are trying to tell you to do. When I want to learn about something new, I definitely read up on the subject first and then watch a video on youtube connected to the said topic. This helps a lot in things like cooking, new software tool, any Do-It-Yourself projects, any How-to subjects and many more where a demonstration comes in very handy.

7. lenlen

lenlen Member

Yes. I like the fact that Youtube does exist in our modern world today. It helps me a lot in many things like learning different cooking recipes and procedures, knowing about the latest popular news and viral videos and exploring things in different kind of topics in life.

8. Missydama

Missydama New Member

Yes, I do use YouTube to learn things such as learning new recipes for cooking. Crafting and much more. It's good to learn new things.

9. Treveez

Treveez Member

yes i used it to learn about how to make money online and others cool stuff

10. garuiz18

garuiz18 New Member

Absolutely! I am a visual learner and just searching on google for an article does nothing for me. I need to see something in action in order to learn anything from it. Especially for recipes. If I'm cooking something, a cookbook isn't going to have pictures of every point. Is the chicken supposed to look like this? What color are these onions supposed to turn so I know they're done? A video answers all of that and then some.

11. AkTel

AkTel New Member

All the time, but it can be a bit distracting. I've learnt all sorts of things, from difficult and interesting mathematical concepts, to proper technique in throwing a dodge ball. I think it is a wonderful thing but I can also see it being distracting. The "Recommended for you" bar always has something, and it can often take me off track and spending hours on meaningless things. In that regard, it is a double-edged sword: it can boost productivity, or absolutely destroy it.

12. milkyways

milkyways New Member

Yes, I use Youtube to learn things. Youtube is such a blessing to be honest. I learned most of the things I know there. In college, I was having a difficulty regarding my math subjects and thanks to Youtube, it helped me passed those math subjects and such. It really helps me in many ways. Youtube also gives entertainment when you are bored. You can watch various videos that makes you happy, sad and all those emotions. Not only Youtube helps give entertainment but it also helps people in their lives. There are various Youtubers who helps you get a job, helps you in tough times and helps you go through your lives and that's what makes Youtube an amazing platform.

13. taylorstuckey

taylorstuckey New Member

Yes, definitely. YouTube is a great place to learn new things because there are a lot of documentaries available on it for free, and watching documentaries just so happens to be my favorite way to learn new things. This is because a lot of documentaries tend to follow particular people who have a certain disorder, ability, etc., and it is through them that you can learn more about a particular topic. I find it to be a lot more engaging and interesting than just reading a list of symptoms (or something like that) because it makes it feel more real.

14. RitaT

RitaT New Member

Youtube is for me an information platform to learn from other countries. They also have a lot of tutorials to get knowledge from. There is a lot of information out there to learn without grabbing a book. For some a easy way of learning.

15. lenlen

lenlen Member

I do use Youtube to learn things especially when it comes to cooking or fixing some problem at home. Youtube is an easy way to learn so many things we want to know. It's nice to check the one you need to learn on Youtube because it's on video. Audio-visual learning for me is better. You can easily understand the process or the parts of the things you need to know if you're seeing the actual demonstration on how to fix it. Youtube is also a good place to share your knowledge and skills with others.

16. cozyfish

cozyfish New Member

I have learned a lot of skills just by watching videos on Youtube. I have learned how to play guitar, use Photoshop, physical fitness, boxing and I came to know about this site Psotloop from Youtube :). Now, Youtube is my no.1 website whenever I need to check, research or learn about anything.

17. vincedprince

vincedprince Member

Youtube can teach you anything and everything.
    Unfortunately "skills" are not for observing, appreciating or adoring.
    You need to just pick one skill and try it out in "fullest" to be something.
    With out trying whole-heartedly or in a holistic manner, it is just a tactical success for yourself, and you need to go on to another video on Youtube.
    Good idea not to restrict yourself to Youtube. People in the past learnt more with no youtube, than us..with all kinds of media in front ! My humble statistically unproven opinion, if you want to call it that way !

18. mcamaro00

mcamaro00 New Member

Yes, I use youtube to learn. It's because youtube is really reliable. When my phone got brick I don't know what to do, I'd go to the technician to fix it but he asks me a big amount for payment. I have no money at that time. I'd come to an idea to watch youtube how to repair a brick phone. Then I saw a video tutorial, then I'd follow the steps then boom, I'd fix my phone. The to youtube, now I am learning the japanese language in youtube I easily understand it.

19. Mihare

Mihare New Member

Yes, it's actually easier to find good tutorials on YouTube because of it's like/dislike system and their comment section. You can tell that it's a good video tutorial if the like ratio is high and the comments are positive feedbacks.

20. wkndroyal

wkndroyal Member

Yes. There are a lot of things that you can learn faster or understand better when it is accompanied by an actual demonstration instead of just reading off a text explanation alone. A step by step process can be better executed after watching a demo like cooking, knitting, crafts, do-it-yourself jobs, program installation instructions, and other how-to procedures.

21. pbraun

pbraun Member

Yes. I usually search and subscribe to excel tutorials. They really are handy.

22. maximgt

maximgt New Member

I have learned more from youtube than all my years at school.

1 person likes this.
  23. Treveez

Treveez Member

But by building your own, you can learn more about how the machine works and get a custom product fitted to your exact specifications.

24. Treveez

Treveez Member

So, let's put the three rules to the test with these ten interesting things you can learn to do on YouTube (but first set up YouTube for better learning .

25. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

Through youtube i have learned a lot of things especially when it comes to my study I can considered that youtube one my tuitor and mentor

26. sofiathefirsttt

sofiathefirsttt New Member

Youtube is helpful to learn new things and also to learn your courses. As a student, I found Youtube tutorials really helpful on my courses since there are many Youtube uploader who teach my courses. When I do not understand well our lesson for the day, I'll go for Youtube and search for tutorials. I am an engineering student so most of my courses are Math. Thankfully, there are lots of Math tutorials in Youtube. Youtube tutorials are not just for students, it's for all. There are many tutorials in it like cooking, playing instruments, dancing and etc. It's really amazing because you are learning for free.

27. mjabd888

mjabd888 New Member

Yes, I use Youtube to learn new things. In fact, this is the platform where I learned Postloop. It's nice to see how the youtuber do it on their end to be able to visualize more especially for people like me since I'm a visual learner. Also, you realize how you can learn new things without paying for anything through youtube. It's definitely a very useful platform for learning.

28. darlinton

darlinton New Member

Yes, Youtube is the best for online education. I use Youtube to watch and learn things i dont know from there. Now that Youtube has been upgraded, we can be able to download and watch things there offline,so yes Youtube is the best for education. There are so many tutorials there, so you can earn from there.

29. Frenetic2510

Frenetic2510 New Member

Si, Youtube es genial para aprender cosas nuevas y mas para la gente curiosa que busca saber cosas nuevas
    yo me identifico como un curioso y cada vez aprendo y aprendo mas en youtube es genial y me gusta mucho usarlo para buscar cosas nuevas que aprender

30. diazvac

diazvac Member

It is really easy to integrate. Adding YouTube videos to your eLearning course is an easy task, due to the variety of authoring tools and learning management systems out there. You can use YouTube videos to introduce a topic, explain an online activity, motivate your learners, or simply extend the information conveyed by your eLearning course.