Do you use Youtube to learn things?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Danielle R. Gonçalves, Jan 22, 2018.

1. vincedprince

vincedprince Member

You can learn about many, many things. But the best lesson to learn is NOT to trust all you see; that is, be aware that many ALTERNATE facts are presented as truth. And be aware that sometimes the advice you are given is useless, wrong, or plain dangerous. One case in particular should be banned. The YT “expert” claimed to know how to hack his shopvac that wasn’t working. His video showed that he got it operating again — how? He BYPASSED THE THERMAL OVERLOAD BREAKER — this device is there so that if too much current is drawn by the motor, it breaks the circuit. This keeps the circuit from overheating and possibly causing a fire.

2. tkintz91

tkintz91 New Member

I can only learn certain things from YouTube. I learn a lot better by actual doing things than just seeing them or hearing about them. I like the follow along tutorials when it comes to learning to code on YouTube, rather than ones about learning how to knit (which I've tried to learn through videos, but I still can't get it). I think it depends on your own learning style whether or not YouTube is a good place to go learn though.

3. rzllnn

rzllnn New Member

Most of the time Yes. Since there are tutorials that can show me exactly on how to do things other than reading the step by step procedures. Even though some videos in youtube are not real.

4. Aii101

Aii101 New Member

Yes, I use youtube to learn new things. This app would be very helpful if we can use this wisely. Like, if you want some tutorial about a certain topic and you wanna learn it visually then you can search it there. Also, it can bes used for media and entertainment purposes. Plus, it's easy to use. It's a family, and community friendly app.

5. NiellaSavings

NiellaSavings New Member

Yes, I use youtube to learn things. I've been dependent on youtube since my parents are not there when I need them. We're not that close. But I take rosponsibility if something happens to me on taking youtube seriously or if I follow what youtube says.

6. Olmaki

Olmaki Member

Yes i do. YouTube has to be the best tutor of all times. I have learnt alot of things through you tube for quit sometime now. A big thumbs up to Google. keep it up.

7. kateyashh

kateyashh New Member

Youtube is my free daily tutor. When it boomed, everything I do in my life now involves Youtube. From learning how to cook a meal to earning money online. Passing interviews and life hacks all because of Youtube's help and I have always been beyond thankful for that. Having the opportunity to learn lots of things in the palm of my hand is a blessing. Youtube helps everyone, from toddlers up to the eldest living age. From how to sing ABC's to DIY home decors. Youtube is A plus.

8. JayCar

JayCar New Member

It's a big YES for me. Youtube is a large platform for online education especially for me regarding on learning computer networking because of Youtube it helps me pass my CCNAv3 exam. As of the moment I'm learning photoshop through Youtube.

9. dariusserolf

dariusserolf New Member

For me I learn a lot in using Youtube as a learning tool, I am more on visuals and i can easily understand by watching than reading especially in technical tutorials I engaged, it is very hard for me to understand when it is on manuals i read hehe so i watch instead on Youtube for tutorials

10. abentasal

abentasal New Member

Definitely yes! Youtube contains lots of FREE tutorials, may it be about math, specifically about annuity, or algebraic expressions, also about science and technology, about English, shall we say, grammar. Music for your child, nursery rhymes, number songs, etc. Also DIY's, where we can make a lot of Do-It-Yourself stuff that can be very useful at home or even as a project for school. There are a lot of crochet tutorials as well which is very friendly to me because we can choose a lot of variety of crochet tutorial videos for beginners like me and its very simple to follow.

Also, tutorials for Filipino recipes, how to prepare and to cook it, is very helpful too. There are tutorials also that can help us know what are the legit sites to earn extra income with or when we talk about how and where to invest.

Surely we can learn a lot of things on Youtube.

11. gabzkie22

gabzkie22 New Member

Yes I use youtube to learn more things because youtube has to many tutorial videos that can easy to learn while watching their videos. It thought me to cook dishes crafting materials, playing guitar and more.I can say Youtube is very useful website to us

12. flowqer

flowqer New Member

Definitely. I enjoy watching cooking tutorials on YouTube and when I have the motivation to actually try out the recipes, it is a good learning tool for me. It has also helped me with math tutorials, and various other things like game guides and the like. YouTube has various content posted so it is definitely a good platform to find things to learn.

13. rawrffy

rawrffy New Member

Yes. You can learn lots of things from YouTube that you won't learn from school. I mean if you want to know something you can just try to search it on YouTube or you can even search it on Google. You can even learn by watching some guides, reviews, tutorials, etc. You can learn lots of things in the internet plus the innovation of technology nowadays shows that it is possible.

[​IMG]

14. thusi123qw

thusi123qw Member

Oh that"s a definite yes for me.Most of the time i just search YouTube if i want to know somethings about my Laptop,cooking,travelling,games so many things i look for,so i guess YouTube is a great place to learn things and also for getting entertained in the same time,wish i can be a you-tuber someday hehe,its a good job if you if you are talented in speech and presenting.

15. tu2l

tu2l New Member

Yes, i use YouTube because it shows me a different world which i normally can not visit physically at my current situation. YouTube taught me many different and unique things which i can never learn normally, it provides me study materials and also acts as an teacher.

16. daveperalta

daveperalta New Member

Youtube is one of the most useful website for me. I visit Youtube everyday and this is my favorite website. I use it to relax and whenever I need to cook something, I go to Youtube for help. I sometimes do DIY and gardening projects and this website helped me a lot. There are so many vloggers you can choose from. It's helpful because you don't just get instructions, you can see how they do it.

17. sanjivmangaliag

sanjivmangaliag New Member

It allows learners to make their own YouTube videos. Finally, asking your learners to be involved in a video production, as part of an online group assignment, will help them not only ensure that they can use the important information they have learned, but also develop and enhance their visual literacy and creativity

18. oramos

oramos New Member

Yes i use YouTube for educational purposes everyday, for example when i buy a new gadget or download a new app i always go to youtube for a video tutorial. Youtube is amazing when it come to educational content and is also great for slow lerners because you can replay the video at anytime.

19. ariieskid

ariieskid Member

YES, i use youtube in learning things, because there are some things and some knowledge and not all you can learn from school. Youtube has a lot of things to learn to and especially to kind people who post and share their ideas also.
    I learned a lot from youtube from cooking, editing and searching for online jobs also.
    And not also for me but all people learn some things in Youtube, example from a person who wants to learn acoustic guitar and learning the basics, and it can save your money also by not going to tutors and teachers and just by self learning. You can learn something on youtube and it can save your time and money also :)

20. MadzD

MadzD New Member

Yes, I can say I use Youtube to learn new things. I am a self-taught baker. And most of the recipes I've tried are from youtube tutorial. I can say youtube is a great tool and help, for me to enhance my skills and learn more. Youtube as well is a tool for me to promote my skill and business.

21. Renjasram

Renjasram New Member

Yes, content on YouTube have thought me tons of things. From school work when I was in university, to fixing consumer electronics, cooking and even ways to make some side cash. :thumbsup:

22. Chaiya

Chaiya Member

Yes, Youtube is a big help in today's modern world. We can be more resourceful in learning new things, they didn't have internet and Youtube back then, I'm glad we have mentors who use Youtube as a channel for teaching and reach out to those who are unable to go to them directly. I learn new things everyday from Youtube.

23. Serapiel

Serapiel New Member

Yes, I usually watch to learn things that were not on books or TVs. Some of the YouTubers are willing to help the audience to learn what they know and they also learn from us.

24. kirbycorpin02

kirbycorpin02 Member

I learn a lot of things from YouTube. It is much easier to watch a video to learn new things so I can apply it at the same time than just reading it. You can see the clearer instructions by following it in a video. You can see both the picture and hear the audio simultaneously.

25. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

Yes, I can say that children nowadays, (well, including us) are indeed lucky because everything that they want to know lies on the palm of their hands. Youtube gives us information that we can never imagine. It helps us from small task like peeling potatoes to difficult task like making a furniture. There is no impossible nowadays, Youtube made us learn that the only limit to anything is our imagination.

26. vikramsri

vikramsri New Member

Yes YouTube has eventually emerged into a great learning platform for students and beginners. There are a lot of videos available on broad variety of topics from which you can learn for free using YouTube.

27. maxtorbz20

maxtorbz20 New Member

Yes, definitely. I love watching watching tutorial videos and real life documentaries on Youtube. I've learned a lot of things through Youtube.

28. rbeat7

rbeat7 New Member

ABSOLUTELY. It is in my opinion the best source for informative content. I can't think of anything that I could not find from watching YouTube that I wanted to know about. If you are not viewing the channel for any subject matter that you want to learn about, you are doing yourself a disservice, in my opinion.

29. nithonsanchez

nithonsanchez New Member

Yes, almost every-time, whenever I need to know something, I searched and go after on Tutorial Videos like how to install software.

30. Robsky

Robsky New Member

Definitely I use Youtube to learn things. Youtube has a variety of tutorial videos that will help us in our everyday lives. For example, there are video tutorials about cooking and playing some instruments. We can simply learn by watching the videos and following the instructions. Especially for visual learners, watching is a good way to learn things. I say this because I am a visual learner and by watching videos on Youtube, I learned different things that I can apply in our real world. Since Youtube has become popular, it has provided a lot of informative videos that are useful to everyone.