Do you usually watch movies at home or at a movie theater?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Chachie Cahilig, Jul 17, 2011.

?

Do you usually watch movies at home or at a movie theater?

1. at home

87.4%
  2. movie theater

16.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mhirem

Mhirem New Member

At home. Movie theatres are expensive, and there's always someone disrupting it somehow. It's usually someone talking over the movie, or someone deciding that it's a good idea to bring their toddlers to an R-rated midnight showing of a movie. The cinematic experience is fun, but I don't really find it worth the money and annoyance.

Plus, when I watch them at home, I can pause as needed and not have to worry about missing anything, I don't have to watch it at a certain time, and I can freely do something else while doing it.

2. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

I prefer theatre. Less tendency to be distracted and people tend to focus more on the movie than on their phones. Still love the idea of falling in line and eating popcorn.

3. nikiii23

nikiii23 New Member

AT HOME, definitely, it is much cozier and if I don't have to leave the house I don't want to.

4. kencluna

kencluna New Member

It usually depends on the movie I am watching, though as much as possible, I try to save money by not going out, but to just watch at home. But when I do love to spend a few bucks for a good movie, then why not.

5. JMae372

JMae372 Member

At home, I mean if you could download it for free why would I go to the theater and spend my money. Well there are some things that are better to watch in the theater especially if you can watch it in 3d, but mostly for me I watch it at home.

6. vebselpo

vebselpo Member

Nowadays I enjoy watching movies at home together with my family because it's the practical way of spending my leisure time. Before becoming a mom I would really go to movie theaters because I don't have a kid to watch over and I have enough money for my wants. Being a parent, especially being a mother- we are very practical in everything that we do and even in spending quality time with the family- it has to be economical. It is also great to go out with your family and watch movies at the movie theaters for some time- if you have enough budget. Wherever the place you chose to go to what matters is the fun you will be experiencing. But still if it has to be wise, just stay at home and watch movie with your family.

7. lilshasha

lilshasha New Member

Well, watching movies at home is very convenient. You don't have to spend hundreds of pesos just to watch a two and half hour movie. You can just download movies on the internet. There are lots of ways and lots of apps to download movies. For me, I really prefer watching movies at home because there are times that I fast forward to see the end or sometimes if I don't understand some scenes I replay. I can also eat different kinds of food while watching. Less expense, less hassle.

8. MarcFrancis

MarcFrancis New Member

Most of the time I watch movie at home, but I'd like to watch new movie like Captain Marvel and The Avengers The End Game at theater.

9. jeesh97

jeesh97 New Member

I just want to watch movies in home. I am not really fond of it so if I am bored or nothing to do I will just watch at home alone. I don't like in cinema because it just spend money for that. So yeah I love watch movie in home alone.

10. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

Yes but it is boring i prefer going to movie cinemas.Atleast there i enjoy and also make new friends.

11. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

I am watching movie mostly at home because its more comfortable and i can focus to the movie because there's no distraction also i can pause it if ever i need to the bathroom so i wont miss any scene in the movies.

12. eyahserrano

eyahserrano New Member

I preferred watching movies at home. Aside from it's more convenient, it's also economical. You won't be disturbed by those people who keep on passing by to by stuff or used the restroom. You will understand the movie better for you can focus more when you are at home. You also have an option to watch as many movies as you want for a lot of movies nowadays could be downloaded on your phone.

13. doohac

doohac New Member

I personally enjoy watching movies at home more than in a movie theatre. I remember I used to buy dvds every weekend and order takeouts so that I could watch it with my whole family. You could re-watch it or do a movie marathon the whole day. It's cheaper as well. However, from time to time, I like going to a movie theatre especially if it's a movie that I'm dying to watch and just can't wait for the dvd to come out.

14. shaamei

shaamei Member

Home - I love watching at my favorite couch, and eating chips with my two sister. Watching movies at home have pause button if you need to pee. You also have a rewind and forward button if you missed a scene or your annoying sister is just too loud talking and asking about something.

15. Dmariere

Dmariere New Member

I watch most movies at home because I like to spend the time with my family and it's more interesting when there's some interaction during the movie. You get to hear each other's thoughts on somethings and you could even learn from each other that way

16. Abba

Abba New Member

It depends on the hype level and how bad I want to watch the movie.

17. gabrielapostu

gabrielapostu Member

At home, i am a cheapskate.

18. nhotykeith

nhotykeith New Member

i preferred to watch at home for convenience

19. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

I usually watch movies at home. I prefer it this way to avoid hassle in standing and waiting in front of the cinema just to watch a movie. But I do go sometimes when I have free time to spare. Watching at home gives the luxury of understanding the story better without distractions.

20. XCROW

XCROW New Member

I like to watch the movie at home than the theater. In my experience watching in theater I have to mind some other people laughing even not in funny scene and other chitchat that iritate me the most when I'm so focust on the movie. While at home my TV is not as big as the theater but I have peace watching alone and don't have to mind other people.

21. rustypaller

rustypaller Member

I like the idea of movie theaters. Surround sound, a large screen, and lighting that caters to an immersive experience all have their appeal. Unfortunately, for the cost of a ticket and concessions, the downsides to public theaters outweigh their benefits in most cases.

22. rustypaller

rustypaller Member

It is my understanding that theaters don’t get to keep a lot of the money they make in ticket sales, so they make up for it by overpricing their concessions. You get a small amount of candy, or you get a large amount of disproportionately priced popcorn and soda, none of which is of a quality I prefer.

23. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Yeah i watch movie in my home with my girlfriend.

24. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

It depends on how much I am excited to watch it. If I really like the trailer then I would go watch it on the big screen. If it is something that is not so interesting, then I would watch it at home. Going to the theaters is getting very expensive these days. It would have to be something that I really like to get me to go watch it to the theaters.

25. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

26. ememchoco

ememchoco New Member

I do watch movies at home together with my family.. it so much fun, we also order our favorite food while watching movies!!

27. breego

breego New Member

It depends on what I feel like after watching the trailer. But since most movies are not in the theaters you could say I usually watch movies at home. But I do love the theater going experience especially if the crowd is good. I will however cancel my plans for a theater if it happens to be too far from my house even If i want to see the movie in a theater, mainly because I like to watch movies alone. If I'm with someone (which I'm usually not) I might go then.

28. bach26

bach26 New Member

When you watch movies at home, you can choose watch movies on the computer or television, while the environment is not very good, and the screens are small than cinema and the sound effect is worse. But one does not obey rules and you can lie on the couch watching movies, and eat food whenever you want.

29. bach26

bach26 New Member

When you watch movies at home, you can choose watch movies on the computer or television, while the environment is not very good, and the screens are small than cinema and the sound effect is worse. But one does not obey rules and you can lie on the couch watching movies, and eat food whenever you want.

30. AlexJBoyd

AlexJBoyd New Member

I generally prefer to watch movies in the comfort of my own home. The cinema, however, can't be beat when it comes to the major blockbuster releases. It's only with the theatre 'experience' that you can really appreciate the size and scale that film-makers wanted you to experience.