Do you watch with subtitles on?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by fatlanza, May 2, 2012.

1. hountanie

hountanie New Member

I used to watch with subtitles because I fully understand what are the character saying specially when they are using an slang language..

By the way I learned English in just watching movies and playing computer games.

Thank you

2. JuiceAndJam

JuiceAndJam New Member

I usually go into a movie without subtitles. However, if the characters in a film have a weird dialect, like 3 or 4 main characters, then I'll put on subtitles.

3. tenwoe12

tenwoe12 New Member

I need to watch movie with subtitle the movie is not from my native language, Hollywood or Bollywood. Long time back I use to have problems in understanding Hollywood movies and their ways to pronouncing words but now i can cope with it pretty well.

4. Castro

Castro New Member

Well for me it depends on what am I watching, I only understand my native language and English so if I am watching a movie in another language I would turn on the subtitle but if it's English or my native language I'd rather turn off the subtitle so I can focus much better on what the scene and the characters doing.

5. ripplegrin

ripplegrin New Member

Even though I am a native English speaker, I always have subtitles on no matter the film or show I have on. My family is much the opposite but its quite an easy fix to be honest. The reason I always have them on it because I find it easier to pick up on things when I can both read and hear whatever the actors are saying. It also simplifies what a person should and should not pick up during a show. A person could mumble something important to another but if the subtitles just say something like incoherent mumbling, I don't need to worry about it.

6. mak2x123

mak2x123 New Member

Yes, specially I watch manga or anime, but in english it don't really matter a lot. Since I work as customer representative I usually used to speak with american people.

7. kynnlyster

kynnlyster New Member

YES. I always download the subtitle file and chose the best file that sync the audio no mater how long it takes searching for that file. Well, once you find the b est subtitle file, the satisfaction of how you understand the movie clearly is great.

8. mratertajr122

mratertajr122 New Member

It depends on the movie that I'm watching. If it is not an english movie/anime, I usually turn on the subtitle for me to understand what the characters are saying.

9. wgchild

wgchild New Member

I always try to watch movies and television with the subtitles on. If the audio isn't clear for any reason or I need to play the video with the sound off or at a low volume, it is nice to have the option to use subtitles. I have been using them consistently for many years now and I always become annoyed when the captions or subtitles are not available for use.

10. stevlano

stevlano New Member

I always watch with subtitles on, unless someone in the room isn't okay with it. I hate missing an important section of dialogue during the movie. That's the main reason that I keep subtitles on always.

11. Klint

Klint New Member

To be perfectly honest, I watch movies with subtitles on. English is really not my first language so I have a hard time understanding whatever it is that is being said in the movie. Subtitles help me to understand its plot. There are English words that are not in my vocabulary so subtitles are a great help for me in knowing the words which are not familiar to me. I actually believe that Subtitles are a great feature since it helps those who are not native English speakers and those who have difficulty in hearing the audio.