Does Anyone Still Play The Sims?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by edunning91, Mar 12, 2019.

1. edunning91

edunning91 New Member

I believe I've been playing for at least the last ten years, if not more! Everyone had a friend who introduced them to the magic of the game: building a house and decorating it however you want, having a customized pet, even killing off characters to make things interesting. If you still play, who introduced you to The Sims?

2. doohac

doohac New Member

I still do! My sims are living the life I want lol also because of it, I'm now considering an interior designing career

3. jsaxon1502

jsaxon1502 New Member

I still play! I bought the Sims 4 for my Xbox One! I like making different people and building them houses. I also just purchased the Pets and have been making all the pets I've ever had. So my Sim has like 6 dogs :laugh:. I saw the game at Walmart like 8 years ago and bought it for my computer and that's how I got hooked! I used to love the date night one!

4. edenred

edenred New Member

Active player and collector! Started playing the original when I was around 12-13. I have every single game pack, stuff pack, etc for all but 3! Been getting more into the modding community since 4 has been a little lackluster.

5. milkyways

milkyways New Member

Yes. I recently played The Sims 4. I stopped playing for a while because I got some new games to play. I discovered Sims because of my friends before. Sims became really famous during my high school days. It's still famous after I finished college lol.

6. Dledg

Dledg Member

I love sims I used to play all day

7. Hosseinyhas

Hosseinyhas Member

I have played sims 3 and 4, and I, as well as many others, prefer 3. The open world, the careers avaible, etc are just preferable to me

8. mrezaba

mrezaba Member

If you mean the first incarnation of the series, probably yes, but given that the game is nearly 20 years old, I’m not sure if there are many PCs that will still run it reliably.

If you mean any games in the franchise at all, the answer is still yes, of course. The last PC version of the game, The Sims 4, was released in 2014 so in video game terms, even it is dated. There are a few other versions (e.g. The Sims Freeplay), but they’re not for the PC.

9. Chubalina

Chubalina New Member

The last version of The Sims I played was the Sims 3, although there are newer versions of the game, so I'm pretty sure that there are still some others who play the game, especially since it is more available on other platforms now.

10. Ganoke

Ganoke New Member

Sims is a great game . I have been playing the game since I was a child and I am still play it . I even tried searching for games that could replace the game in my phone but I wasn't satisfied with the any of the games that I saw.it is a wonderful game and among the top 10 most addictive games I know

11. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

Sims is a good game i ever play this game when i am a lot happy or sad .

12. AliceB13

AliceB13 New Member

I usually play it when i`m not entirely happy with my real life xd OR when i`m super stressed, I find it helpful. I also used it when my parents started building their dream house to show them how it would look like

13. AdrianaK

AdrianaK New Member

Yes, I do! I don't play it consistently though, I have periods when I play it every day, then I don't play it for a while but I always come back to it. It's my favorite game.

14. quercitron

quercitron Member

Currently, I can't seem to find the time to play Sims but whenever I get the chance, it's one of the games on my top list. It literally sparks up creativity and decision making. I was introduced to this game by my brother's friend.

15. itsceejxx

itsceejxx New Member

Yessss. The Sims is usually my go to stress reliever, the packs are quite pricey but they are all worth it. The one I am playing now is Sims 4 City Living and Sims 3 Island Paradise. I usually just shift between the two

16. WilliamFowler

WilliamFowler New Member

I will play The Sims around the same time every year for about a month or two with my girlfriend. When we first started dating, we would spend hours playing the game with one another. We made a little family based off of ourselves. We've been going through the generations of this family for about 3 years now. It's a really wonderful way for us to reminisce the early days of when we first met and a fun excursion every couple months.

17. MelvinAngelo

MelvinAngelo Member

Yes i played with my brother and usually my friends i love The Sims it so amazing and stress reliever :thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  18. lppenna

lppenna New Member

No, last time I played it must have been about 15 years ago.

19. nglin34

nglin34 New Member

Yes! I still enjoy playing the game and have been for about 5 years! I started with the third installment of the series and enjoyed it immensely! I sunk at least 100 hours into the game even though it only ran at about 20fps on the terrible laptop I had at the time. That game gave me so much enjoyment because it was unlike anything I had seen at the time. I still return to the series occasionally, having purchased the sims 4 about 2 years ago, but I don't enjoy it as much anymore. The concept is still interesting, and EA are still the only ones that do it, but I just don't get as much enjoyment any more. It could be due to the fact that I simply don't have as much free time as I did before and can no longer sink hours into one save game. I am longing for the day that a company other than EA steps up and produces a life simulation game. This is because I really dislike the direction that the game is heading under EA's banner; I felt that The Sims 4 was a serious downgrade from the sims 3, and I don't agree with the large amount of unnecessary and overpriced stuff packs. That is why I want another company to come along and give EA some competition, like what Paradox Interactive did with Cities Skylines; that game single handedly killed Simcity 2016!

20. Celsojay

Celsojay New Member

Yes still i play sim in fact i love this game it gave me to many memories while playing on it.