Does crying make you feel better?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by snesz08, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Ana81

Ana81 New Member

Sometimes crying gives me headache. If i am so sad i can't control it so i cry but i have to stop and think possitive thoughts. If you cry for a long time you will feel depressed rather than relieve the stress.

2. SaimaElas

SaimaElas Member

Yes. After you cry you can feel it

3. sirlambchop

sirlambchop New Member

Crying absolutely does, from an emotional and scientific standpoint. It helps us emotionally get it all out and work through problems that have been avoided and/or current pain in the moment. Also, tears are said to contain stress hormones and release endorphins into our body to make us feel better.

4. enel1

enel1 New Member

Crying makes me feel better. Sometimes I think of why I cry last night. It is just simply because I want to feel ease and relieved some of the pain through crying out. When we cry, we allow ourselves to give validation to our emotion. Crying is normal for anyone. It doesn’t make us look weak, hopeless, or nothing. It simply shows us to be who we are. Eventually, crying has some benefits to our body. It detoxifies our body and improves our mood as it slowly eases the pain or may even lift our spirits.

We know that we need some time to cry. That is when we are in a period of sorrow, numbness, guilt, and anger. Crying doesn’t only happen in response to something sad. Sometimes we may cry when we are extremely happy, scared, or stressed. I believe that crying helps us restore our emotional equilibrium. It is considered good to cry. It may even be beneficial to us. If you feel the need to cry, don’t hold back the tears. Tears are a normal, healthy way to express emotion.

5. nyates

nyates New Member

What's your intention for crying? Is it to express and release? Is it to gain attention and/or a tool to get your needs met? Is it to suspend the feeling? Do you feel joy when you feel drama? Are you crying for empathy? Intention is everything.

6. barfielda

barfielda New Member

Crying is a natural form of emotion. Not a single human was made intentionally to not cry. It’s is a form of emotion that is required to be released. Crying comes in for of happiness, of sadness, of frustration, and even of stress. Some may cry more than others. I know that for me personally, I cry regularly about 2 times a week. I am a very emotional person, and if I held in my emotions then my sadness would grow larger.

7. jendexayayra

jendexayayra New Member

It is a natural reaction that humans posses. It's one of the emotions that helps us overcome those times that we are down or feel sadness. Though, we also have that "tears of joy". But most likely, crying is associated with an immediate response to depression or when we feel desperate of the unknown. It is not a sign of weakness but rather is a sign that you are a strong individual that is fighting and moving forward. Just like Forrest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get.” So, be ready to face anything that's coming your way and crying can be your way of getting it through.

8. Kryptonian

Kryptonian Member

It depends on what you are crying about.A child crying for sweets vs a grown up crying because he or she has been fired is different.Joyous cry,when one has passed an exam,healing of a loved one or even getting that promotion that you wanted is good and relieves the pressure points in your body and calms the mind.

9. tessaislove

tessaislove New Member

I think this is a very personal question and it depends on who the person is. Personally when I cry, I like to face those emotions and get them out of my system. Suppressing emotions will only cause them to build up and you'll wind up exploding later. But for some people, crying can actually make them feel worse and it ruins their day. Lately I have been letting the tears flow and it feels great!

10. bnnyjhnn

bnnyjhnn Member

I believe that crying can only ease the heavy feeling inside your heart and mind. But in deeper reality, it actually can't make you better that much. Pouring all our frustrations out of crying is not enough, emotionally. Sometimes, well, in my opinion, whenever I will cry my problems out, it will just make me realize that I am really just alone in dealing my problems. But on the other side, it makes you stronger and it gives you more quality time to yourself to know the things that you really desire in life. Not like you're weak or something. In fact, you are strong enough to cry them all out. Imagine, keeping them inside you for so long, and you only let them out by crying and not by doing something bad? It means that you value yourself and everyone around you that's why you will just decide to cry it all out because tomorrow is another day. We ain't robots. We all have emotions and our emotions can get full too, that's why we need to cry to pour them out because we know that the cycle will continue as we live. And by these, we will learn something and that something will make us BETTER. : )

11. jar1997

jar1997 New Member

Personally, I cry when I am overwhelmed with too much emotion that I could not express it in words. I am someone who is not afraid to cry- I cry when I'm happy, sad, angry, or feeling those all at once. Some might say that crying is only for the weak but I think that crying reminds us that we are all human and we sometimes have emotions that we could not handle. After I cry, I feel like I big weight on my chest is lifted and it immediately makes me feel better.