Does working from home justify being lazy?

Discussion in 'The Freelance Life' started by Kabirumm, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Kabirumm

Kabirumm New Member

The option of having to work from home comes with a lot of flexibility. Chief among the causes for such is the homely environment which can tend to increase one's chances of having limited focus on their job. What are your thoughts pertaining this subject?

2. jdacpano12

jdacpano12 New Member

It just depends on the person on whether or not he/she can focus with all the distraction. Lazy? I think not. The word is there, you're still working. That already justifies that you are not lazy. You just prefer to work comfortably and conveniently.

3. Thales434

Thales434 New Member

I would say it likely justifies the exact opposite. When you have no real deadlines or hard meetings it is very easy to go completely off the rails into getting zero done ever. The apparent lack of accountability makes diligence even more important.

A friend once said when you don't have to get up and put on pants it's 10x more important that you get up and put on pants.

4. Dallyhbu

Dallyhbu New Member

Working from home takes a lot of dedication. It’s definitely not being lazy especially if you can’t physically go to a job. Some people have no transportation or they have health issues. Working from home can be very beneficial if you can’t get to a physical place or even if you’re just looking for some side money to help you out.

5. Cyrus_W

Cyrus_W New Member

I don't think it even has anything to do with laziness. People who work from home are quite hardworking guys. There is so much work that comes with setting up a successful freelance business. When it is finally done, it is only sensible that the freelancer works whenever necessary. If he/she can afford to use their time doing something else apart from the job, then be sure that the person is financially comfortable. Also remember that not all people choose to work from home. To some, a health issue may be keeping them from sustaining a regular job. Such people will often maintain the same work ethic as if they were actually employed in some office.

6. Cyrus_W

Cyrus_W New Member

I don't think it even has anything to do with laziness. People who work from home are quite hardworking guys. There is so much work that comes with setting up a successful freelance business. When it is finally done, it is only sensible that the freelancer works whenever necessary. If he/she can afford to use their time doing something else apart from the job, then be sure that the person is financially comfortable. Also remember that not all people choose to work from home. To some, a health issue may be keeping them from sustaining a regular job. Such people will often maintain the same work ethic as if they were actually employed in some office.

1 person likes this.
  7. rlpzbeermoney

rlpzbeermoney New Member

I'd say people who CAN work at home are lucky. They don't have to commute and dress nicely just to go and work. That itself makes me lazier in coming to work. It all depends on the person and how much they can manage to do in a single day of working. If you can do as much work as someone like me who goes to work in an office then I'd say good for you. If you can maximize getting more work done at home than in the office then even better for you. There are so many opportunities right now in terms of work, from freelancing to office jobs. It all depends on the person and not the environment.

8. wyethdegala

wyethdegala New Member

Working from home does not mean an individual is lazy. Lucky are those who work in their territory. They can manage their own time, they do not need to worry traffic and tardiness, they are with their family, and most, they witness the developmental milestones of their kids. Unlike commuting everyday, they are already stressed on their trip to and from their workplace, and worst, working on other country to feed their family but missing special events that they need to be together.

9. ashmatt

ashmatt New Member

Lazy? No, for me I wanna do work as a home-based because it is very convenient you can work anytime you want, you can take a vacation whenever you want to, you can spend quality time with your family. You don't need to worry about the traffic. You can take care of your family especially if you have a baby/kids that need your attention. Working at home is very rewarding you can spend time with your family and you have a job to support your family. Working at home is hassle-free.

10. loveme

loveme New Member

No, working at home is a hassle-free, you don't have to worry about the traffic, you can work anytime you want, you can take a vacation whenever you want and you can spend quality time with your family especially if you have kids that need
    your attention. It gives you a lot of freedom and you are your own boss.

11. Saisnueve

Saisnueve New Member

Not being lazy working at Home, because you also dedicate your time and effort. This TIME and EFFORT is your investment doing a certain task, doing online jobs. Moreover for those who do designs, software, app creators and the like. Also those who do voice coaching, voice rendering, manipulation and like jobs. The only difference of being a worker or an employee is that their time is managed but not that well and they are triggered and controlled by BOSSES. Here at Online Home Based Job. You are your OWN BOSS.

12. jmai2026

jmai2026 New Member

In my case, working at home does not justify being lazy. I just love spending most of my time at home and working at home doesn't mean that you don't have a lot of work. The time and effort you dedicate working at home is as much as the smae as working in an outside office.

13. yndye

yndye New Member

Working at home doesn't mean being lazy because it doesn't matter where you work as long as you can do the task assigned to you. Yes, there would be times when you will not be able to focus on your job at times because of distractions that are not existing when you are in an office, but still if you know your priorities then you would focus on your task at hand. Working at home doesn't mean being lax too because your performance would reflect on the result.

14. rondaye

rondaye New Member

case to case scenario

online jobs are created to give opportunities,meaning to say even though jobs are done online, a person engaged on this kind of environment will still need to work hard, persevere and endure to gain something from it. online jobs are not for lazy people, personally i do have online jobs but there are times that this field of work is much harder than having a normal job, so? can we still say it promotes laziness? definitely not!! its just that, in this present generation, online jobs became popular and became a good source of income

15. auddinsky

auddinsky New Member

Nope, maybe someone has so many things to do in their daily lives other than a job, so finding a real-life job schedule that suits their needs can be practically impossible. So they find an online job so as to earn some money while they fulfill the rest of their duties less stressfully :)