Doki Doki Literature Club?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ZombiiHyena, Sep 10, 2018.

?

Have you played DDLC?

1. Yeah. ehh.....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yessssss! (whoever) is best girl!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I watched someone but haven't tried it myself.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, and I don't care to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ZombiiHyena

ZombiiHyena New Member

Late last year, a game came out on Steam that just seemed to be your average anime-styled dating simulation game. This visual novel then throws you for a loop right before the festival that the characters have been planning for, and you realize that you may have signed up for something much more sinister.

Here's a small synopsis (Huge SPOILERS)

You play as a high school boy whose childhood best friend talks him into joining her little club. There's only 4 girls currently in it, and they all have some sort of crush on you. However, the club leader, Monika, is not made as a dateable option on the game. She also has recently gained sentience and realizes she is part of the game. Behind the scenes, she begins to mess with the game files and edit the other girl's personalities in ana ttempt to make the player not like them. The player's childhood friend, Sayori, is depressed. Monika edits her files to make her depression severely worse, to the point where Sayori eventually commits suicide. The game freaks out and restarts, but without Sayori. Monika keeps it up and deletes the other two girls, not before editing one to turn so crazy in love for the player that she stabs herself in front of him. You are given the opportunity to delete Monika when she is all that is left, and the game restores, adding back the other girls... but not Monika. The game puts Sayori in Monika's place as president, and it's revealed that being in the president slot give you sentience. Depending on how much love you gave the girls before the game went bad, Sayori with either go crazy and Monika comes back and deletes the game for everyone's good, or Sayori thanks the character for playing.

People went crazy for it. All four of the girls are very popular and the fanbase is huge at this point. What do you guys think about the game? Have you played it?