Easiest Way to Get Exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by KadenZipfel, Aug 10, 2013.

1. KadenZipfel

KadenZipfel Member

What's your favorite and easiest way to get exercise? I like biking, because it is fun, not too difficult, and I enjoy the speed.

alicemartins likes this.
  2. rima

rima New Member

I like to vary my workout. I enjoy kick boxing a lot. It makes me feel strong and energized. I also like Pilates which stretches the body tall and lean. Biking, jogging and tennis are also great choices.

3. Novella

Novella Guest

The easiest exercise is engaging in an exercise that you enjoy. Tennis, swimming, paddleboarding, and nordic skiing are fun and don't seem like exercising at all. Weight lifting and resistance training take a little more disipline but I keep hand weights in view and lift them several times a day when I pass by them.

4. dragonspearl

dragonspearl New Member

My easy and favorite exercise workout is to put 2.5 pound ankle weights on both ankles and wrist and go for a walk. I generally walk two miles or more at a pace slightly faster than my normal speed. You will be surprised at how that added ten pounds intensifies the walk and turns it into a great cardio-vascular workout.

5. NickIceland

NickIceland New Member

I have been doing a form of yoga called DDPYoga. It combines yoga with some old-school calisthenics and a tad of martial arts to create a completely zero-impact workout. It yields incredible results when you stick to it. In a matter of 3 months I dropped from a size 38 waist to a size 33 waist if that is any indicator. I am not one to step on a scale, so I don't know exactly how much weight I lost in that time. I would guess somewhere around 20-30 lbs though.

6. kag0025

kag0025 New Member

Taking a 30 or so minute walk or run everyday is great simple exercise. Swim some laps in a pool if you have access to one. Doing planks everyday is a great way to build up core muscles without weights.

7. zergboy03

zergboy03 New Member

I currently live in an urban city, so for me the easiest way to exercise is simply walk to run my daily errands. If I need to pick up groceries, I walk to the supermarket and back. If I want to eat food, I walk to my favorite eatery and pick up some take out. Walking might seem like nothing, but it adds up.

8. scb1990

scb1990 New Member

The easiest way to exercise is to take a walk. Walking is very easy and anyone can do it no matter what weight you are. Swimming in the summer time is also an easy and fun way to lose a few pounds without feeling like your working out at all.

9. jimcort

jimcort New Member

For my money, you can't beat walking. You can do it just about anywhere, and you don't have to be all that coordinated.

10. sequence

sequence New Member

The easiest way for me to get exercise is to run outside. I enjoy trail running and I began doing it with the couch to 5k app on android. Beats having to pay for a gym membership and I've seen great results with weight loss.

11. Kahleesie

Kahleesie New Member

I love Bouldering. I don't actually go out and climb really rocks, but there are a few bouldering gyms by my house. Its wonderful! It works out your entire body, so you never have to worry about "leg day" or "arm day" which is something I hate about the regular gym. Not only that buts its really fun and surprisingly good cardio as well. I worked out on weights for two years before I started bouldering, and the muscle size increase when I started bouldering was soooo much faster! My arms are beautiful now.

12. NDN

NDN New Member

I love any exercise that involves a pool. I could spend the entire day swimming. Exercising in the water is a geat way for me to get high impact results without stressing my large frame . Aquacise classes are also a great work out , lots of fun and easy on the joint. I find this a great way loose inches and up my stamina.

13. ash87

ash87 New Member

I love all forms of exercise. For me it's become a sort of addiction, trying to beat personal bests and self competition. One form of exercise that has really got me hooked though is "Muay Thai kickboxing" it gives a really varied workout and I love learning new techniques.

14. alicemartins

alicemartins New Member

Depends on personal preference, there are people who find walking easier than practicing physical exercises alone or in a fitness gym.
    I prefer to walk

15. dwymer

dwymer New Member

The easiest ways I have found to get exercise are by using my bicycle to commute to work, school, friends houses, pretty much anywhere! I ride my bike usually 2 times a day and am always out of breath by the time I speed home, plus, biking is faster than walking! I get extra exercise by playing basketball or tennis with friends.

16. ddub1221

ddub1221 New Member

Easiest exercises I can think of are body weight exercises. They cost nothing and you can do them in the comfort of your home. Push-ups, jumping burpees, and crunches are some that I really like. There was a time when all I did was body weight work outs. The only piece of equipment I had was a chin-up bar. You can even mix up your routine and make a body weight/cardio circuit. Do them in intervals and they can give you a really good work out and burn tons of fat.

17. Nyphur

Nyphur New Member

It's anything you enjoy doing. For example, I REALLY LOVE kickboxing, and can do it with ease, while some people are barely surviving it! Haha.

But the absolute easiest? Just walking everywhere. Simple!

18. Mochaminx

Mochaminx New Member

Playing dancing games on the ps3 is super fun. Good way to sneak in exercise with the kiddies too. I also enjoy going out dancing or playing a game of tag with my 2 year old nephew. He never wears out!!!

19. masamune1742

masamune1742 New Member

I load a bunch of videos or movies on my phone and then hit the treadmill. Watching videos or movies really takes my mind off of me running and I have a much easier time doing it. I think it helps if you watch something that's funny too. I run 3+ miles in under 30 minutes no problem doing this.

20. dieselfit

dieselfit New Member

I'm very excited to answer this. I've been wanting to share my ways of exercising since I am a bodybuilder without a gym membership or access to any weights.

Since I live on the beach, which is the perfect place for me to exercise, it really had 90% of what I need to accomplish my goals. I'll upload the picture of my portable workout that I carry out to the beach.

The beach I live on isn't a regular beach that everyone dreams of. It has a lot of stones and the size varies from small to very large. I don't know about you, but I love working out right where I am. I don't like spending time dressing up, preparing my back pack and making my 20 minute journey to the gym.

So I workout with the stones that I have right on the beach. There is also a umbrella to cover for shade, I use that for pull ups. I know this is suppose to be the easiest way, but for me this is the easiest way since it's just 2 minutes from my house and it doesn't require any effort to get to. So this is the best way for me!

Attached Files:

21. Gary Speer

Gary Speer New Member

I do two very easy and useful exercises each day. First, I put on some comfortable shoes and go outside and walk. Walking is probably the second best form of exercise for those of us who are a bit "older" than others. (The first would probably be swimming because it has less impact on the joints.) Secondly, I do seven quick and easy slow stretching exercises that can be done standing, sitting, or even lying down. They target especially the lower back and the abdominal region and have done near-miracles to help with chronic lower back pain.

22. rafiagalaria

rafiagalaria New Member

A lot of different things count as exercise: dancing, walking, gardening, yoga, cycling, playing basketball. To make it easier to get moving, choose whatever gets you moving. Also, choose an activity that fits your self-identity.
    You don’t need to get all your exercise at one time. Ten minutes morning, noon, and night can give much of the same benefit as 30 minutes all at once.
    When you walk, make it brisk, since this may help control weight better than walking at a leisurely pace.

23. Romario99

Romario99 New Member

The easiest way to exercise is to do a physical activity which you enjoy. Walking, cycling or dancing can be fun to do and they are also exercising methods. Playing a sport can also prove to be good exercise which is fun.

24. Annsal

Annsal New Member

A good exercise regimen is a 30 minute walk every day. You can get fresh air if you go at a local park or track. If the weather is bad you can walk in a local mall. You should stretch your legs first and make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes.

25. aakilah2

aakilah2 New Member

The easiest ways to get some exercise is using what is available and what you may have around or on hand. It’s simple! I know for me, instead of taking the elevator I would take the stairs. If you have a dog, go for a great walk with them. If you have any young kids, the park is the key. They will keep you moving and on your toes. Also, they make great weights too when you have to lift or carry them…lol! Nowadays, some parks are equipped with great walking, jogging, and cycling paths; and workout equipment bars. If you’re watching your favorite TV show, doing a little exercise like burpees, jumping jacks, sit-ups or crunches during the commercial break will definitely let you squeeze in a honest work out.

26. plex

plex New Member

I tried working out at home, but there are too many distractions and things going on around me, so I lack discipline and don't follow through with my routine. Hitting the gym helped me a lot, I have access to all the equipment I need, you can fully concentrate on your exercises and the atmosphere is quiet motivating. So if you have problems keeping up with your workout at home, consider joining a gym. Most of them offer free trial memberships.

27. Rebecca Black

Rebecca Black New Member

For me walking is my easiest and favorite way to get exercise. I am a stay at home mom and my son loves to go on walks so there are times we go on 6 or 7 walks a day. Sometimes it is the only way he will take a nap.

28. jtrader

jtrader New Member

Instead of taking the escalator, take the stairs. When you go to work, park your car a small distance from your workplace then there's your daily walk. A pet such as a dog is a great motivator for a walk in the park a few times a week. You and your pet will feel much better for it. You don't have to go out and buy expensive gym memberships, just keep it simple and make your exercise regime work around your life.

29. GrlLvsTech

GrlLvsTech New Member

Right now one of my favorite ways to fit exercise into my day is to jog along side of my son as he rides his bike. We live in a small farming community in upstate Massachusetts and our town has tons of biking paths. My son is just 4 years old and loves riding his bike really fast, so it can be quite a challenge trying to keep up with him but this is my favorite way to exercise.

30. shadyn

shadyn New Member

I mostly walk and run to stay in shape. That being said, I live pretty far north and we get some rough winters here. For that reason I'm also a member of a local gym so I can hit the treadmill or the elliptical when the weather's bad or when the mood suits me. Having access to weights is a nice bonus, too.